Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & CS England Weather Discussion Spring 2016 (26th March ------->)

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Finally finished setting up my new aquarium, only took 2 days.. lol

Maxed out at 22.1°C today, quite pleasant in the sunny spells. It looks as though this will be the driest month i've ever recorded - 6.2mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Broken cloud with sunny spells.  20.3c. Light N. Westerly breeze 12 km/h. Humidity 62%rh. Pressure 1008.hpa.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lovely summers afternoon here in Falmouth. Increasingly sunny skies and very warm too. :) Satellite showing our part of the world getting the best of the sunshine. :)

Posted

Mostly cloudy, the odd bright interval. There's been hardly any wind so it felt quite muggy. Temp hit 21.1°C

Temp:  19.9°C - Hum: 56% - Dew: 15°C - Bar: 1014.43hPa  - Wind:  WSW @ 4mph.

Posted

A nice sunny late afternoon and evening, temp hit 22.9c at 5:15pm, was 19 to 20c for the morning and early afternoon.
The wind late afternoon changed to a SW from the earlier Northerly.
Temp stayed around 19c till just after 9pm and then dropped overnight to a low of 14.3c at 6:24am.
Now 18.4c  with clear blue skies
Very light Northerly wind today, 1016.8 hPa

Looks like no rain till Monday evening, so a very light rain month of only 9mm, last rain was 12th July.
0.8mm July 1st
0.2mm July 2nd
1mm July 10th
7mm July 12th

Looking back at my rain records since 2010, the last lowest months I have are 6.5mm on April 2011, 12mm on Feb 2012, 12.4mm July 2013.

Edited by lettice
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Just back from a holiday in sunny Puerto Banús. Bit of a shock getting off the plane at 01.30. To be honest I was hoping for a nice day today but the coffee time cloud over is well and truly in force here. 

Posted

A very nice day, plenty of sunshine in between cumulus puffs.

Temp: 22.1°C - Hum: 46% - Dew: 9.9°C - Bar: 1017.98hPa - Wind:  Light,  WSW / NNW @ 3mph.

Funny isn't it..?  Over a month with very little rainfall, then at the beginning of a new month, it looks like much of the region will see 10 - 20mm through Monday in to Tuesday.

2016-07-31 (1).png 2016-07-31 (2).png 2016-07-31 (3).png

viewimage.png

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

A very nice day, plenty of sunshine in between cumulus puffs.

Temp: 22.1°C - Hum: 46% - Dew: 9.9°C - Bar: 1017.98hPa - Wind:  Light,  WSW / NNW @ 3mph.

Funny isn't it..?  Over a month with very little rainfall, then at the beginning of a new month, it looks like much of the region will see 10 - 20mm through Monday in to Tuesday.

2016-07-31 (1).png 2016-07-31 (2).png 2016-07-31 (3).png

viewimage.png

Gardens certainly need it - the grass is almost totally brown here after two consecutive dry months. Looks like a blip in an otherwise dry pattern though for us in the south. :)

• Like 1

Posted

The 12Z NetWx has upped  the ante slightly..

viewimage (1).png

I shouldn't have thought it would cause any problems, but as the ground is very dry, there might be a lot of run-off.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Dull, grey and feeling cool. Spots of rain. Looks like a wet 24 hours to come.

Posted

Sunshine very early this morning, but it clouded over quite quickly. Drizzly bits & pieces of rain, but it has turned more steady now. It did reach 17.9°C

Temp: 14.8°C - Hum: 92% - Dew: 13.5°C - Bar: 1018.39hPa - Rain: 2.8mm - Wind:  SSW @ 5mph.

Posted

A pleasant morning here and it got to 18.6c  midday.
now its 15.2c, SW wind 8mph, 1018.9 hPa

Started off with drizzle for an hour from 1pm, but from 2pm it became light showers, 1.8 mm
Grey out and now drizzle again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

2.1mm of Precipitation. Humidity 96%rh.  Light drizzle/rain still falling.  15.0c.  Grey day indeed.

Posted

It's properly wet here, now. I had a suspicion that it was going to dump a fair bit in some localised spots. 19.8mm and counting.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

18.1mm here to 21.00, that's three times July's total, and there looks to be more to come before the night's out.  At least it's fallen steadily over a number of hours which is doing the gardens far more good than a torrential downpour.

Edited by Lyn-M
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Only had 1mm of rain on the Isle of Wight in July!! So this rain is most welcome! Allotment can certainly do with a good watering!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

well it has been pouring down for hours and a chilly 13c with it too.

Posted

A real soggy one here with 17mm today, only 11mm shy of July's monthly total. Also feels chilly at 15C. Definitely a taste of autumn, if not for the total lack of wind.

Posted

I've just been saying on Nick L's status, i've recorded 28mm now, but i'm somewhat suspicious of that. However, I popped outside and had a look at the pond, it has gone up by a substantial amount (you get used to gauging your own pond level during rain events) - it's definitely gone up from the result of 20mm+ of rain. I also noted an empty bucket I left on the lawn, that has quite a lot in it - again, from the result of 20mm to an inch. I'm a bit of a pedant when it comes to readings that look suspiciously high or low, but it may be right?! lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

It's interesting how rainfall amounts varied for July in different areas. Here we managed 32.6mm, nearly half or which fell in 15 minutes last Thursday. 

13.2mm so far today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
16 minutes ago, matt111 said:

It's interesting how rainfall amounts varied for July in different areas. Here we managed 32.6mm, nearly half or which fell in 15 minutes last Thursday. 

13.2mm so far today.

Yes im not sure how much fell for July but im betting we got at least average because we had 3 massive storms over the mendips which is rare but all 3 caused some serious flood damage.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Fairly light rain for most of the day, but really ramped up early evening and continued until about midnight. Wouldn't be surprised if an inch fell at all.

weekend and into next week looking good, perfectly timed for my sons birthday plans.:D

Posted

Noticeably warmer this morning, already 18C with 98% humidity! Still looks like October outside though. Hopefully all part of the progression towards a better second half of the week and summery weekend. Still got my eye on settled weather next week, perhaps the most important week of the month for me personally with a lot of outdoor plans, especially 11th-14th.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

plenty of rain over the last 24hrs, 24.9mm yesterday & 7.6mm today & still raining, albeit light rain.

That's more on the first two day's of August than the whole of July which recorded 30.7mm

Posted
4 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

Fairly light rain for most of the day, but really ramped up early evening and continued until about midnight. Wouldn't be surprised if an inch fell at all.

weekend and into next week looking good, perfectly timed for my sons birthday plans.:D

Spot on, I measured 25.5mm, I know the tropical zone down in Wareham probably measured more but we will for Mapantz to tell us his numbers.

• Like 1