Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & CS England Weather Discussion Spring 2016 (26th March ------->)

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

There was a couple of showers this morning, giving another 1.4mm. Quite breezy today, but feeling warm in the sunshine. Monthly rainfall is now at 32.8mm, still way down on the regional average.

chart.png

Temp: 17°C - Hum: 68% - Dew: 11°C -  Bar: 1019.24hPa - Wind: WSW @ 12mph.

Posted
22 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

There was a couple of showers this morning, giving another 1.4mm. Quite breezy today, but feeling warm in the sunshine. Monthly rainfall is now at 32.8mm, still way down on the regional average.

chart.png

Temp: 17°C - Hum: 68% - Dew: 11°C -  Bar: 1019.24hPa - Wind: WSW @ 12mph.

It's easy to forget October is usually one of wetter months. suspect we have been spoilt by all the dry weather of late..

Even with half a month to go, I'm not getting the feeling we will reach "average"..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

The good old Severn train has begun - squally shower after squally shower since 5pm. Quite exciting weather actually, the last one had hail in it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A fairly warm day with a few showers giving a total of 2.4mm. High 16.4°c and currently 11.7°C.

A couple of slightly blurry pictures of the moon this evening.

2016-10-17 20.04.50.jpg

2016-10-17 20.05.00.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Well it seemed fairly mild first thing whilst the rain was around, does feel a little cooler now the rain band has passed through.

Posted

A chillier day today, although it did reach 15°C in the sunshine. It was quite windy this morning too.

Temp: 13.3°C - Hum: 68% - Dew: 7.5°C - Bar: 1022.01hPa - Wind: W ~ WNW @ 4mph.

Posted

A tad bit cooler this morning with overnight low down to 4.4C and Bournemouth Airport reaching 0C for the first time this season..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

A low of 6.1°C this morning, setting up for a chilly day with the odd glimpse of sunshine. Temp maxed out at 14.1°C at 12:36

Temp: 13.6°C - Hum: 72% - Dew: 8.6°C - Bar: 1022.45hPa - Wind: NNW @ 4mph.

Posted

Fine morning with much less cloud than yesterday. In fact looking dry with less wind for the next two or three days. The question as always how much cloud. Best guess today although becoming cloudier later.

accumprecip_d02_25.pngtotalcloud_d02_10.pngtotalcloud_d02_17.png

Posted

Jupiter putting on a fine show this morning with the early morning sky fine and clear. Overnight low of 7.9°C round about now with Bournemouth AIrport signing in @ 5°C

Posted

Mods, any chance that we could update the title of the thread to suggest we have passed spring & summer, oh and well in to autumn..

It is dead (not only with the weather) but in here too, so a new thread wouldn't really be needed..

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

Mainly cloudy today, there has been some sunny spells at time though. Temp peaked at 13.6°C

Temp: 13.3°C - Hum: 76% - Dew: 9.2°C - Bar: 1021.74hPa - Wind: NNW ~ NNE @ 5mph.

Sunday is looking very windy again. Gusting 40 - 45mph along the South coast.

viewimage.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
3 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Mods, any chance that we could update the title of the thread to suggest we have passed spring & summer, oh and well in to autumn..

It is dead (not only with the weather) but in here too, so a new thread wouldn't really be needed..

Yes west country snow watch would be more like it.. :friends:

Plenty of promise on this website for this winter lets hope we see some come to fruition this season.. :angry:

Not long now until november 4th which is earliest i think i have seen for heavy settling snow I remember with 5 inches 2012.

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Stunning day here. Lots of sunshine again and very little wind. Nice sunset this evening too. Would have been a lovely summers day if it had just been a few degrees warmer but still really pleasant. Lots of sunshine recently. Not many cloudy days at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Hello everyone,

its that time of year again when I return to this page.. what a strange few months weather we have had! It's certainly looking interesting synoptic wise.. what are everyone's thoughts on the coming winter? 

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Nights King said:

Yes west country snow watch would be more like it.. :friends:

Plenty of promise on this website for this winter lets hope we see some come to fruition this season.. :angry:

Not long now until november 4th which is earliest i think i have seen for heavy settling snow I remember with 5 inches 2012.

Oh no not this thread as well. I'm rapidly losing the will to live.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, khodds said:

Hello everyone,

its that time of year again when I return to this page.. what a strange few months weather we have had! It's certainly looking interesting synoptic wise.. what are everyone's thoughts on the coming winter? 

Hi khodds!

I've always had my own gut feelings about Winter, and I like to think I use a bit of knowledge of some seasonal/climatology models, but I keep them thoughts to myself usually. I'm totally on the fence about this coming Winter. We do have a lot of blocking going on, but how long can the Atlantic keep at bay? It would be rather unusual to keep it locked out for a whole season- its not impossible, but it would be a big surprise not to see it back in the not too distant future. Maybe we'll have some proper cold and settled spells earlier on, and mouthwatering charts for a time, before the Atlantic does strike! Many in this thread will know that I do get excited by snow, and I like it hot, but I don't class myself as a coldie, or a mildie for that matter. I accept what we get- i'm an all-rounder. I'll enjoy a good wind storm with lashings of heavy rain and then a follow on of thundery showers with hail mixed in, i'll also enjoy a cold frosty day with sunshine. As long as it isn't grey and benign for weeks, I really don't mind. Ideally, I'd like some juicy Atlantic storms, but also some cold & snowy periods too, a nice mixture would be good. :)

PS: Orionids to look out for in the early hours. astronomer1.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 hour ago, knocker said:

Oh no not this thread as well. I'm rapidly losing the will to live.

Ah not to worry knocker you and your pet beaver (or squirrel) wont have to worry until at least Jan/Feb for real cold weather in Cornwall if indeed at all..

Posted

Crisp clear morning. Temp 8C and a zephyr from the ESE. Question really is how much cloud in the region? Should be okay the further west. And as we know on course for the breakdown on Sunday

totalcloud_d02_28.pnggfs_6hr_precip_eur2_11.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

A chilly one this morning with frost in sheltered spots, plenty of mist and fog in the Severn area.

• Like 1