Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & CS England Weather Discussion Spring 2016 (26th March ------->)

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A cold, if not productive night of fishing last night. 25 bass. :)

Down to 3.4°C here, this morning.  Sunny spells and breezy now. Looking at the charts, it seems a lot of people have missed how strong the winds could be on Wednesday, gusting to 40/45mph along the coast.

Temp: 16.9°C - Hum: 72% - Dew: 11.8°C - Bar: 1028.48hPa - Wind: ESE ~ SE @ 7mph.

Posted

Fantastic day ; a cold and patchily frosty/misty start accompanied by a colourful sunrise due to scattered Cirrus. Virtually unbroken sunshine with scattered small Cumulus this afternoon and the maximum was 17.7c recently. The minimum at home was 4.9c which was the lowest since 4th May.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

15.8c. Still Sunny..

Posted

Min of 3.3C yesterday then a lovely almost completely sunny day reaching 16.7C.

Not quite as cold as it could have been last night (min 3.7C) due to a bit of cloud probably, however there was a very rapid temperature rise as occasionally happens here when the valley inversion (which had got increasingly shallow) was disrupted by the increasing breeze that had been going over the top of the colder layer:

rapid temp rise.png

I could see the light breeze start in the tree tops on slightly higher ground just before it happened.. I also saw something I've never noticed before, which was a heat shimmer effect in places due to the air of different temperatures mixing.

I walked to work across the fields as this was occurring and colder and warmer areas were perceivable. 

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted

Mainly cloudy with Ci ans Ac. Temp 11C and currently just a light breeze from the ESE/

Some interesting definition on the Ac earlier

Ac 2.jpg

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Overnight low of 7.4c. Not as cold as Sunday night due to the E breeze. Currently 15.7c and Sunny Spells. Wind 15mph Gusting 23mph from E.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I'm glad the weather seems to be set fair for the foreseeable, but what I would give for this sort of setup in January not October :wallbash:

Posted

A very windy day, top temp of 17.7°C - I was planning on fishing, but the Easterly would make it useless where I want to go.

Temp: 15.8°C - Hum: 78% - Dew: 11.9°C - Bar: 1027.26hPa - Wind: E @ 14mph, gusting to 26mph.

Posted

The wind has abated a little here now but gusting 40mph a couple of hours a ago. This coupled with the medium and upper cloud clearly indicated on the Camborne sounding, along with some low level fracto Cu, has made it a fairly dismal day albeit not cold with a temp of 17C.

2016100412.03808.skewt.parc.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Mostly cloudy and felt cool with a light easterly breeze. Went for a walk along the coast and it was much windier there.   

Current temperature: 13.9°C. High Temperature: 16.9°C.

Posted

The breeze actually feels reasonably balmy tonight, perhaps something of a fohn effect off Salisbury Plain? It was quite therapeutic hanging washing out under starry skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

WHat a lovely start to the day, not much wind, not too cold lovely!

Posted

Pretty rough here, today. At Swanage, it almost feels like you're in the middle of a stormy low pressure.

Temp: 15.7°C - Hum: 72% - Dew: 10.6°C - Bar: 1027.19hPa - Wind: ENE @ 16mph, gusting to 28mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

lovely sunny day here.....a stiff easterly breeze but still feeling warm

Posted

Truly wonderful blue sky throughout today, maximum sunshine and a very gusty SE wind. 17.6c tops and really pleasant.

With the forecast of more cloud tomorrow and shower risk into Friday (as well as colder wind) I can't help feeling there won't be another day like today until the Spring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Today really was gorgeous. Having done site visits in mid-north Wales this morning, I decided to take a relatively more scenic route back to Bristol via Hereford, Monmouth and the Wye Valley, the latter of which was gorgeous with the trees just turning and deep blue skies/sunshine. All of course hampered by an unsignposted road closure which meant driving unknowingly around the woods until I found my way back to Chepstow.

As Andy points out, more cloud around over the next few days but hopefully some good sunny breaks even if it's not as a warm as it has been.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Clear skies all day today but very windy at times particularly around lunchtime. Felt pleasant out of the wind but quite cool otherwise. Still breezy now making it feel cold despite the temperature not being that low.

Current temperature 10.7°C. High temperature 16.7°C.

Posted

Having a very nice time in Dorset :)

It's my first time here I'm quite surprised how hilly it is quite beautiful though particularly to a city dweller, some snaps from yesterday - unfortunately the weather here in Swanage where I'm staying, isn't the best today althoughit seems to have brightened up.

IMG_0487.JPG

IMG_0517.JPGIMG_0518.JPGIMG_0519.JPGIMG_0520.JPG

Edited by Changing Skies.
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Changing Skies. said:

Having a very nice time in Dorset

It's great... :laugh:. Sorry, that's more of a verbal gag.

We've had a few unexpected decent spells of sunshine here this afternoon. Hopefully that'll continue for our evening wander in a bit.

Posted

Felt cold today with the easterly breeze and limited sunshine. Temperature only reached 13.8°C.