Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & CS England Weather Discussion Spring 2016 (26th March ------->)

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Quite a breezy day here but dry after the overnight rain which gave 4.6mm.

High was 19.1°C just after midnight before the cold front came through. High during the day was 18.6°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Yes the wind and rain was noticeable at some point last night. I had my window on the latch and had to get up and close it - rain was drumming against the window and on the roof.

Have been in London all day today but it seems to have been a mainly bright and breezy day with early and late showers, typical of a breezy westerly.

Posted

Quite a strange morning to be out working. At face value the sky wasn't particularly threatening for 90% of the time, including some decent periods with brightness/hazy sunshine. However it rained at varying intensities more than 90% of the time, quite often from no more than thick Cirrus. This combination allowed weak rainbows to form and let there be good sight of mid level instability/embedded convection.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

.. anther shower just before midnight, last night, taking yesterday's total to 7.2mm. There was an almighty shower at 3:30am, only dropping 2mm, but it registered a rate of 97.6mm/hr - dropped 2mm in 3 minutes according to my graph, and woke me up, again!

A bit of rain on & off today, not the heavy rain that was on yesterday's TV forecast, and not the dry day that the website and app shows.

Temp: 17.3°C - Hum: 72% - Dew: 15.4°C - Rain: 3.4mm - Bar: 1021.10hPa - Wind: S ~ SSW @ 8mph.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted

Ah its all good stuff,just in from a messy days gardening work,spirits a bit low,quick look on Facebook and all is forgotten,laughing my head off,in September,the toshmeisters at the Express are promising 4 months of snow,polar bears on Swanage beach glaciers slipping into the sea off Newquay,the usual guff,but even funnier are some of the comments.....Oh no I hate bitter cold,we are in a rural location and will be cut off ect ect,Just out of interest see how long it is before in pubs,shops ect you hear .....THEY SAY its going to be a severe winter this year.The Daily Mail are furious,beaten to the sensationalist punch lol......and relax.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Was a cooler day today with light rain on and off for most of the day. Total rain for today was 2.6mm most of which fell in the early hours.

Temperature reached 17.8°C.

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Afternoon All. Cloudy and damp start to the day here. Some light rain early afternoon. Cloudy thereafter and some sunny spells fleeting from time to time. humid feel though, temp of 19.4c. Wind 14mph SE. Gusting 24mph. 

Posted

Cloudy for most of the day again today with occasional drizzle and a high of 18.4°C. 

Looks like the sun might come out tomorrow after a cloudy start to the week. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

We had a rather lovely start this morning not cold a bit of sunshine and things have since gone down hill.

Posted

Started off with blue skies, and recorded 5.1hrs of sunshine. It has since turned cloudy, and a tad blustery.

Temp: 18.7°C - Hum: 80% - Dew: 15.1°C - Bar: 1026.08hPa - Wind: WSW @ 13mph, gusting to 23mph.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Sunny this morning and the first part of the afternoon. Turned cloudier as the afternoon went on but a pleasant day overall. The high today was 18.8°C.

Edited by matt111

Posted

This mornings rain made it 5 wet days in a row! Decent sunshine now, feeling warmer.

Temp: 19.4°C - Hum: 58% - Dew: 11°C - Rain: 2mm - Bar: 1015.48hPa - Wind: WSW ~ W @ 10mph.

Posted

Lovely start to the day I was expecting rain but I seem to have missed it altohugh I could hear rain outside just before 6am. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Sunny cool start with big cbs just to west.

Posted

Just got a met office weather warning for rain for Gloucs, Bristol and north Somerset for Saturday :nonono:

Posted

A short, sharp shower this morning. Mostly sunny spells today, lots of Cu floating past.

92.8mm here this month, as opposed to the 63.8mm MO regional average.

chart (1).png

Temp: 18.1°C - Hum: 65% - Dew: 11.3°C - Rain 0.8mm - Bar: 1011.85hPa - Wind: SW @ 10mph, gusting to 20mph.