Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & CS England Weather Discussion Spring 2016 (26th March ------->)

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Old Fashioned Traditional Seasons

Third storm of the morning just passed through - looks clearer to our south, though cannot rule out more showers later.

Looking very lively Swanage way!

Posted

What script was this in? Verging on a repeat performance of Saturday 27th August! Both in timing and outcome so far.

Near constant thunder just to the West/South and some bright lightning when the flashes are close enough, might get a direct core hit judging by the radar.

Yet again, this would have been stunning at night!

Err edit, rather close CG and shotgun thunder!

Edited by Andy Bown

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

For the second time this summer the storms have past to the East or west of us here  today bloody typical...................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
6 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Decent CG from this mornings storm..looking out over the harbour to the east of Swanage.

FB_IMG_1473764510341.jpg

FB_IMG_1473764497402.jpg

Quite a pressure drop during that storm:

chart.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

A fair few close close calls so far, some amazing lighting still going on and very deep rumbles.

fromey

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Thunder Lightning and Rain..  All good stuff.. Not had any for ages like this..3.6mm Precipitation at the moment.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Broken cloud now on its way from the North..

Posted

It's proper humid now!

Temp: 21.1°C - Hum: 90% - Dew: 19.4°C - Rain: 6.4mm - Bar: 1007.01hPa - Wind: Variable ~ calm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Seems to be more in the channel brewing, looks to roughly on the same path as the ones earlier 

image.png

Posted

Thunderstorm currently along with moderate rain. Seems to me the WRF forecasts were not too bad indicating a fair bit of vorticity along the front with thundery stuff drifting up from the south.

Posted

So, during the BBC news, they had a BBC weather presenter talking about the heat for the East, and the storms for the South/West, and the way it was put across was as if they had correctly forecast the rain and storms. They didn't mention a single drop of rain in yesterday's forecasts. It would be made less infuriating if they actually just said 'we got it a bit wrong' - I could accept that.

ps: I now have a daily timelapse uploaded to my site at the midnight rollover time: http://www.warehamwx.co.uk/cumulus/timelapse.htm

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

So, during the BBC news, they had a BBC weather presenter talking about the heat for the East, and the storms for the South/West, and the way it was put across was as if they had correctly forecast the rain and storms. They didn't mention a single drop of rain in yesterday's forecasts. It would be made less infuriating if they actually just said 'we got it a bit wrong' - I could accept that.

ps: I now have a daily timelapse uploaded to my site at the midnight rollover time: http://www.warehamwx.co.uk/cumulus/timelapse.htm

Excellent stuff. :good:

I will be interested in the detailed forecast later for the south west

PPVE89.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Old Fashioned Traditional Seasons

An unexpected day - three storms and plenty of rain!

Remarkably the temperature at the moment is 21C - higher than it has been all day (17C - 18C most of the day)!  Humidity has been stuck on 96% all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, knocker said:

Well tomorrow is looking like a drier, warmer day with less cloud as the front is pushed west. Apart from early in Cornwall!!

ens_max1hrprecip_24.pngens_mean700vort_24.pngens_max2mtemp_33.png

Could be a noisy wake up in the morning of its thundery for us here in Cornwall. Biscay lows tend to give Cornwall the best shout at something as Ppn tends to start being dragged up from the SE and thus off NW France. I remember a pretty violent storm which hit Falmouth about 4 years ago on around the 8th June in the morning. Pretty sure that came from a Biscay low set up.

Posted

A warm morning of 24c and did reach 27.3c  at 14:04.
Its been warm since then, but cloudy.
Was some brief slight drizzle around 3pm. Not enough to register on the rain gauge.
Now 24.4c,  1006.7 hPa, very light ENE wind

Posted

Not bad at all today, several cells/storms here if relatively infrequent thunder at times. The best passed slightly east or died out before it got here, but saw a few good bolts each time from 3 separate cells as well as some other flashes and some good crashes of thunder, There was usually something going on for several hours.

5.4mm of rain including a couple heavy showers, though any intense downpours missed.

Some good cloudscapes too, even recently with some Ac and Ac Cas (though fading away somewhat now), and a very nice orange sunset. I wouldn't mind some 'Evening thunder' but feel that's not too likely here now. Wouldn't mind being in West Cornwall!