Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & CS England Weather Discussion Spring 2016 (26th March ------->)

A.J

Posted

Nice to have that rain (first rain since the 22nd August) from 4.30pm to 7pm yesterday and then drizzle for a few hours after, 8.8mm in total.
18.4c overnight and 96% humidity, then a drop early morning to 16.8c.
Now 18,2c, dry but light grey skies, Westerly winds 9mph with a few 16mph gusts. 1013.6 hPa, 77% humidity.

August rain total = 26.6mm
Sept rain to date = 8.8mm

Edited by lettice

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Yesterday's total was 6.9mm, enough to dampen the garden a couple of centimetres down, but below that it is still bone dry.

Rather boring today, grey, dry and nothing in particular.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm not sure what happened with the forecast? I thought I saw it saying that Sunday would be a good day? It has been overcast all day, and now it's raining! Rain was definitely not in the forecast.

Posted
34 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I'm not sure what happened with the forecast? I thought I saw it saying that Sunday would be a good day? It has been overcast all day, and now it's raining! Rain was definitely not in the forecast.

We kept the cloud here as well with a couple of sharp showers to boot. The Sc did thin a bit but there was medium cloud above, You can see this on a quite weird midday sounding with a large inversion from 900mb-800mb (the Sc would have been below that) before hitting the medium cloud and the very moist layer starting at 700mb.

2016090412.03808.skewt.parc.gif

Edited by knocker

Posted

Tad bit blustery day down on Hengistbury head, and now the rain comes in, in time to clear through for Monday, and so the warmth has another go this week. Yesterday's 12mm was welcomed that's for sure..

Posted

It's a bit like a winter snow chase event tonight, front from the Atlantic stalling against rising pressure from the East.

Having seen Countryfile the much vaunted hot sunny period seems limited to 6 or 7 hours on Wednesday afternoon after a damp Monday, dull Tuesday into Wednesday then showery fronts arriving Thursday/Friday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Hmm mild damp start to the day, looks like its going to be grey for most of the week even if its remaining mild.

Posted

Complete balls up by the BBC and MetO, regarding the forecast. Yesterday was supposed to be decent. It wasn't. Today is supposed to be overcast. Guess what?

20160905_111223.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Cloudy.  Humidity 94%rh.   Temperature 20.5c.

Posted
3 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Complete balls up by the BBC and MetO, regarding the forecast. Yesterday was supposed to be decent. It wasn't. Today is supposed to be overcast. Guess what?

20160905_111223.jpg

It was a howler, seems the fronts got a move on by turning up yesterday afternoon rather than overnight and therefore cleared through earlier today allowing a far better than anticipated outcome. Temperature approaching 23c with sunshine becoming more prevalent.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Dark and dull, 20C with a 19C dewpoint! Sultry to say the least.

Posted

A bit further north than you guys its still overcast, I'm not envious....... honest!! :D

Posted

Interesting. Absolutely no sun here at all today. Bits and pieces of drizzle throughout the day,exactly as forecast. Certainly very muggy feeling though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very muggy day here today here n the far south west. Looking forward to some sunshine later in the week! :)

Posted

A very humid and warm start this morning, with total cloud cover at home, on the commute I did see low cloud and fog and very heavy drizzle which could have simply been the amount of moisture in the air. Once I got to Yate the sun came out and it was quite pleasant.

Posted

A low of 18°C  this morning. There was 3 hours of hazy sunshine before lunchtime, but it is mainly cloudy now. It's feeling pretty muggy though.

Temp: 22.2°C - Hum: 70% - Dew: 16.5°C - Bar: 1024.18hPa - Wind: WSW ~ SSW @ 3mph.

Posted
39 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Aha pipped you today, with 24C, currently a humidex of 29.6°C

Good news Db.. I have bought the wireless anemometer transmitter kit for my Davis station, it means i can decouple it from the main transmitter, and situate it above my chimney, which will put it 11m up and free from any obstructions. I can only record the highest gusts from the South at the moment, but as the majority of our strongest winds are usually Southwest to West, it means I get poor readings due to a terraced house in the way. I'm hoping for some storms later in the season, so I can get some proper readings!  dance3.gif

Posted

A ridiculous minimum of 19.1c!

I was out working in Trowbridge and there was a surprise convective style sharp shower at about 11.00, I can only assume it came from the unstable mid level cloud which was visible through the Stratocumulus.

Sunshine among Stratocumulus this afternoon, 23.9c .

Posted
20 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

A ridiculous minimum of 19.1c!

I was out working in Trowbridge and there was a surprise convective style sharp shower at about 11.00, I can only assume it came from the unstable mid level cloud which was visible through the Stratocumulus.

Sunshine among Stratocumulus this afternoon, 23.9c .

We had a few drops here as well late morning and I assume from some medium stuff although there is no sign of medium cloud on the 12z sounding so perhaps not. The Sc never cleared here which is no big surprise clamped below the 5C inversion at 900mb but despite this the temp still made 21C with humidity in the mid 80s.

2016090612.03808.skewt.parc.gif

Edited by knocker

Posted

Yeah it was very sticky in bed last night it took me quite a while to nod off. 

Although I have to say I'm enjoying this warmth, it was quite warm this time last year as well I think

Edited by Rich_Clements