Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & CS England Weather Discussion Spring 2016 (26th March ------->)

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

afternoon all.

a rather warm 28.c 

www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IFROME5

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
49 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

You can on sky, I often flip it over from the south to west BBC for the weather as it definitely better..

Have we beaten your microclimate again today?

We peaked @ 25.3°C just dropped back a tad right now by 0.5C..

26.2°C at 12:52

I'm just in the middle of connecting my new external filter up to my aquarium, sweating like hedgepig!

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

26.2°C at 12:52

I'm just in the middle of connecting my new external filter up to my aquarium, sweating like hedgepig!

Defeat admitted for today, SE onshore breeze is tempering the heat today.

Posted

25.3c max today at 15:50, dropping a bit now
Wind has just started to pick up last ten mins, 12-14mph now from a 5-6mph all morning and afternoon.

Edited by lettice

Posted

Hello all,

Just hit 28.5 here in the back garden. Dog has flaked and the cats are floppy but the bananna trees are growing like goodens.

Bit of breeze but that is good.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Blue skies all the way today, the most wonderful selection of cirrus through the morning and early afternoon.  Topped 28°C a little while ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Wow it seems an age since I've been on here but after a busy summer part spent abroad and all sorts of work, home and leisure commitments time has been all consuming. However in that time I've managed a new look website which hasn't appeared to have too many glitches yet. I also post a lot of local data on the Facebook link 'Kilmersdon Weather' if anyone is interested. Meanwhile it's been a strange Summer with all our warmth coming from short off shoots of the Azores High which clear off after a few days to return us to standard Atlantic weather. The one constant has been High pressure up over Greenland. This current heat has registered 28.9C here today in a very pleasant breeze from the SSE. Cloudier and somewhat cooler tomorrow but will it thunder later?. I'll be watching down to the SSW for developments tomorrow but I have a feeling this event could be for Central Southern and SE England. Let's see what transpires.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
6 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Wow it seems an age since I've been on here but after a busy summer part spent abroad and all sorts of work, home and leisure commitments time has been all consuming. However in that time I've managed a new look website which hasn't appeared to have too many glitches yet. I also post a lot of local data on the Facebook link 'Kilmersdon Weather' if anyone is interested. Meanwhile it's been a strange Summer with all our warmth coming from short off shoots of the Azores High which clear off after a few days to return us to standard Atlantic weather. The one constant has been High pressure up over Greenland. This current heat has registered 28.9C here today in a very pleasant breeze from the SSE. Cloudier and somewhat cooler tomorrow but will it thunder later?. I'll be watching down to the SSW for developments tomorrow but I have a feeling this event could be for Central Southern and SE England. Let's see what transpires.

Just checked out your website really like the design nice and clear

Just one minor thing this page http://www.norton-radstockweather.co.uk/latest-model-charts  - has no way of getting back to the home page without pressing the back button

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down
2 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Just checked out your website really like the design nice and clear

Just one minor thing this page http://www.norton-radstockweather.co.uk/latest-model-charts  - has no way of getting back to the home page without pressing the back button

Ok. Thanks for that. I'll check it out when I get 5 mins tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

it's still 26C here.....oppressive as hell!......topped the magic 30c mark earlier with a max of 30.7C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

yes its got a hot night ahead feel it may take a while to nod off later.

Ian F with tomorrows forecast Points West

Edited by Rich_Clements
  • Like 1

Posted

morning all.

a rather pleasant 20c already this morning.

fromey 

Posted

A rather successful nights fishing, last night. It's very muggy this morning, but sunny. All eyes to the SW later.

Temp: 24.1°C - Hum: 69% - Dew: 18.3°C - Bar: 1018.32hPa - Wind: NNE ~ NNW @ 3mph.

Posted

I'm a little surprised that it is warmer today, than it was yesterday. It was looking close to being on the dividing line between the hazy cloud/clear skies, so I was thinking it wouldn't pass yesterday's 26.3°C - currently sat at 28°C, and it sure does feel like it!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

24C currently, feels warmer though with increased humidity....mainly sunny with some cirrus wisps and the first signs to the south west of some mid-level stuff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Feels very warm in the sun. Very pleasant in the shade with a slight breeze. 28.3°C 

Posted

Monday was nice and reached 24.7C - thank you Dartmoor. Yesterday actually a tad cooler due to the onshore SE breeze, but still reached 23.8C and was very pleasant.

Reached 23.3C today but now clouded over and back down to 22C.

It's a tad annoying we're just too far west for the heat though, the boundary looks to stop in Dorset at the eastern side of Lyme Bay yet again... Will we even reach 25C this August? I suppose the other potentially interesting feature i.e thunderstorms will go just east of here as well, if they occur. 

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted

Someone is going to get lucky with some storms

image.png

image.png

Edited by fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just reached 30°C for the second time this summer. 

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted

Anyone down near weymouth/ portland area, some strikes showing up down there.

fromey 

image.png

Edited by fromey
Adding screen shot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Hope he doesn't me me sharing, but some interesting observations, although to me it seems everything will end up a bit more to the East later?

Ian Fergusson ‏@fergieweather  48m48 minutes ago

W COUNTRY RADAR 1445BST An area of (elevated) T-storms is approaching from the S for later this afternoon-eve...

CqoY_YZW8AAye7S.jpg

Track of this 1st MCS (Mesoscale Convective System) expected via Dorset; a 2nd MCS into SW later this eve

CqoQCa-WgAAfOki.jpg

Lightning obs show current position of 2nd MCS tracking via NW Spanish coast into Biscay. Into W Country late eve...

The key uncertainty will be to what extent they retain potency (re lightning) on crossing English Channel this eve.

Edited by Chris K
  • Like 1

Posted

Latest shows it a bit closer, not as lively as before but as my post above giving some strikes around Weymouth/ Portland area

image.png

Posted
7 minutes ago, Chris K said:

Hope he doesn't me me sharing, but some interesting observations, although to me it seems everything will end up a bit more to the East later?

Ian Fergusson ‏@fergieweather  48m48 minutes ago

W COUNTRY RADAR 1445BST An area of (elevated) T-storms is approaching from the S for later this afternoon-eve...

CqoY_YZW8AAye7S.jpg

Track of this 1st MCS (Mesoscale Convective System) expected via Dorset; a 2nd MCS into SW later this eve

CqoQCa-WgAAfOki.jpg

Lightning obs show current position of 2nd MCS tracking via NW Spanish coast into Biscay. Into W Country late eve...

The key uncertainty will be to what extent they retain potency (re lightning) on crossing English Channel this eve.

If they are elevated they should survive electrically, best potential for spectacular lightning in that scenario but possibly little rain reaching the ground.

• Like 1