Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & CS England Weather Discussion Spring 2016 (26th March ------->)

A.J

Posted

Bit weird actually,forecast of very heavy rain yesterday and today didn't really materialise,yes I know localised means just that.However seeing Mr Pantz comment about a microclimate its got me thinking.For years now so much precipitation,be it rain or snow,rarely either arrives at all,or if it does,not in the quantity.So with Salisbury Plain to the north of me,possibly some input of South Downs to the east of me,just wonder if microclimate might also be an issue here.Perhaps ive been unfair shaking my fist at the South Today forecasters after all lol.Thoughts anyone.

Posted
1 hour ago, jy said:

Bit weird actually,forecast of very heavy rain yesterday and today didn't really materialise,yes I know localised means just that.However seeing Mr Pantz comment about a microclimate its got me thinking.For years now so much precipitation,be it rain or snow,rarely either arrives at all,or if it does,not in the quantity.So with Salisbury Plain to the north of me,possibly some input of South Downs to the east of me,just wonder if microclimate might also be an issue here.Perhaps ive been unfair shaking my fist at the South Today forecasters after all lol.Thoughts anyone.

Did you not get all that rain yesterday jy, at around 6ish? It smashed it down in Downton. The T&L moved off south towards Breamore.

I was chatting to the chaps at Downton Brewery earlier... He said it was manic in Downton, but he left for Rockbourne at 6 and it was dry over there. Bonkers...

It's chucking down now btw, but nothing like yesterday evening. Here's the proof. Four wet chickens...

20160617_201302.jpg

Edited by jtay

Posted
3 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Bumped up a little now. 10mm yesterday, 10.6mm so far today. June stands at 25.8mm. The MetO regional average is 73.3mm.

Finally scooped a downpour for 15 minutes this evening although the thundery activity had died out before it reached here, provided a further 7mm so my total has overtaken yours lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
20 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Finally scooped a downpour for 15 minutes this evening although the thundery activity had died out before it reached here, provided a further 7mm so my total has overtaken yours lol.

Wow we had a massive storm over mendips today. many local roads are closed. 

Just restored our power.

Posted
1 hour ago, Nights King said:

Wow we had a massive storm over mendips today. many local roads are closed. 

Just restored our power.

I could see the CBs responsible late afternoon/early evening, they looked spectacular and textbook.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

yesterday was rather boring until the school run, and then BANG! At 3:30 we had an even bigger storm as I picked the kids up in Lytchett matravers. The place turned to rivers on the roads, unfortunately a couple of houses flooded due to the shear volume of water. But what a storm. Got some footage.

IMG_0881.MOV

Posted

3,6mm of rain between noon and 1pm yesterday, dry for rest of day but stayed very cloudy, 16c to 18c through the day.
Humidity has dropped to 83% after being in the 90s for most of the last few days.

Lovely blue skies this morning, 16c, 1017.3 hPa, NW 7mph wind.

Edited by lettice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
11 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

I could see the CBs responsible late afternoon/early evening, they looked spectacular and textbook.

Have a look at video my friend took of Glastonbury festival site after that storm :D :rofl:

https://www.facebook.com/claire.howe.1800?fref=nf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Grey start. Just wondering when this nice weekend will start.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
3 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Grey start. Just wondering when this nice weekend will start.

I was wondering the same? Just a day ago they were saying (during the bouts of storms and heavy rain) the weekend will be dry and sunny. Sunny first thing here, now overcast. Tomorrow looks overcast from the get go, with drizzle/rain coming in during the afternoon. A bit disappointing really!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Eventually got what was originally forecast for today....at 16.00!  At least the cloud didn't produce any rain.

Posted

Cloudy with As and some St. Temp 13C and a zephyr from the SSW. You can see the warm moist air on the Camborne 00z sounding and the passage of the front today.

2016061900.03808.skewt.parc.gifens_max1hrprecip_25.png

Posted

Well the rain has arrived, and it looks pretty set in from now on. I guess this wasn't a 'nice weekend' after all.

Posted
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

Well the rain has arrived, and it looks pretty set in from now on. I guess this wasn't a 'nice weekend' after all.

Well it was crystal clear from 21.00 last evening until about 06.00 today which allowed for a clear, light, moonlit short night lol !!

Posted
1 hour ago, Andy Bown said:

Well it was crystal clear from 21.00 last evening until about 06.00 today which allowed for a clear, light, moonlit short night lol !!

Haha, what a difference if that had fallen in daylight hours grrr!

Posted

Vile out there this morning, so haven't bothered with the morning walk.

We had a couple of hours of sunshine on Saturday evening, otherwise the 'decent'weekend wasn't all that. Played cricket at Beaulieu yesterday and spent 30 odd overs in the field under constant drizzle from around 4pm.

Posted

Disgusting morning - may as well be December 20th if not for the temperature. We do of course have the odd day like this throughout the summer so I just hope the rest of this week is a vast improvement!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I can't believe how much rain I've recorded since yesterday evening. I didn't see that one coming! I'll post the final figure when the front clears, suffice to say, it'll end up more in the past 24hrs than the prior 19 days of June put together lol