Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & CS England Weather Discussion Spring 2016 (26th March ------->)

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

Cool breeze, stuck at16 degrees, no signs of the promised cloud burn back. At least it is dry but a few hours sunshine before the Tuesday/ Wednesday rain would be welcome.....come on it's nearly summer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Made it to 19.2°C by 6:30pm - Not too shabby, as I thought we may have been under horrid cloud all day.

A sunset in both the East and West this evening:

20160530_211744_HDR.jpg

I nipped out 15mins ago, and captured a 30s exposure of the ISS on my phone. It's a shame I couldn't have been 90° to it, the light streak would have been longer:

20160530_231714.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Mostly cloudy, but quite bright. The sun is trying it's hardest to make an appearance.

Temp: 17.8°C - Hum: 57% - Bar: 1017.20hPa - Wind: NW / NE @ 9mph, gusting to 20mph.

Posted

Not sure I have ever seen a sky like this. Am out working in Bradford On Avon with the whole Eastern sky filled with a line of AltCas and what looks like mid level CBs.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
5 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Not sure I have ever seen a sky like this. Am out working in Bradford On Avon with the whole Eastern sky filled with a line of AltCas and what looks like mid level CBs.

image.jpeg

An unusual setup for sure Andy. I'm far enough west that I can see clear skies to the west and just general cirrus-ness to the east. I'm trying to remember when we last had a similar setup; it could have been August 18th last year? Fine day here, but rubbish in the east - then a change of fortunes the next day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

That Altocumulus Castellanus cloud is a good sign, I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few rumbles in a few places later on today. :)

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

Just had about an hour of rain, 2mm, moving from a NE to Southerly direction.
It is heading straight for the IOW, South from us and not heading much to the West.
That is the first rain since the 21st May here.
Looks to be brightening up now from the East and NE.

14.2c now, humidity rose from 75% to 89% just before the rain and from 1014 hpa to 1016 hpa.
NNW wind has been stronger today around 15mph, but with many 25-30mph gusts.

Posted

It's really grim here today. After a drizzly start things have just deteriorated. Persistent heavy rain and unseaonally cool at 11.5c. I have put the heating on!!

Posted
3 hours ago, MP-R said:

An unusual setup for sure Andy. I'm far enough west that I can see clear skies to the west and just general cirrus-ness to the east. I'm trying to remember when we last had a similar setup; it could have been August 18th last year? Fine day here, but rubbish in the east - then a change of fortunes the next day.

Viewing the picture on my laptop for the first time, unfortunately it doesn't show up what I thought might be mid level CBs. They are in between the AltCas line and the darker grey frontal cloud and stretched right along the skyline, looking closely I can just about make out the towers but it was 100% better with the naked eye.

Posted

Radar appears to indicate the rain becoming very patchy before it reaches us, to the point, we may even miss the rainfall all together,

• Like 1

Posted

The dry weather is hanging on here, 18.3°C under cloud at the moment.

Talking of cloud, there's some lovely patterns appearing in the direction of the weather front..

20160531_154038.jpg20160531_153914_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

steady rain here now, looks to be setting in for a while 

Posted

It's raining quite hard now, big ol' drops too. It has been dry of late, so quite welcome for the garden.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Just generally a bit drab out there this morning. Not cold, but dark and grey after some light overnight rain which has amounted to a mm or two.

Posted

The sort of day that we can get at any time of the year ; dull, drizzly, 12.9c . Hopefully just a blip though and as Mapantz says there hasn't been a lot of rain recently. May had just 32.5mm here and the last 18 days of April only had 24mm, so only 56.5mm in nearly 7 weeks.

Posted

All a bit gloomy today. I've got Friday off, so we're going down to Lyme Regis with some friends and their 4 year old lad, for a spot of Mackerel fishing...

So a couple of questions for our coast dwelling fisherman @Mapantz , if I may.

Are you expecting this gloom to lift for Friday?

Will we catch anything? :laugh:

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

A thoroughly miserable welcome to meteorological summer.  Damp, grey, breezy and chilly, had the lights on by half five and very tempted to put the gas fire on a while ago but resisted!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A pleasant enough afternoon/evening here in Falmouth. Mainly cloudy evening but pleasantly mild with little wind. :)