Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & CS England Weather Discussion Spring 2016 (26th March ------->)

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yep....flippin lovely today....best day of the year so far

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Stunning day again, chilly with slight frost this morning and sunny all day :D

Lots of gloom about the weather over next week but to me it just looks like nice sunny cool days with the occasional wintry shower and frost by night? :pardon:

I'll take that over warm and wet any day of the year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Great day. great sunshine. Max 16.4c. Now 15.6c. Breezy ...

Posted

Glorious out there, been 16c + since 2pm
17.2°C at 16:41, 16.2c now.
Wind has picked up though now, ENE 14mph, with a few 20mph gusts.

Edited by lettice

Posted

Posted in the convective thread, but thought I'd add here as most relevant to this region:

Slight heads up for far SW and near channel coasts this evening and into early hours of tomorrow.  Looks like moist low-mid level air mass of substantial theta-w will indeed advect over channel and far SW UK during period before flow turns N'erly during Friday.  Occlusion moving up from the south looks likely to engage this moisture, bringing high RF rate and low lightning risk if DMC can occur.  Lack of forcing aloft, weak-ish mid-level lapse rates, and just general lack of instability all limiting factors.  Very low risk in all.

Just to add, this would tie in with the reports of altocumulus at the mid level. Initially looked like this moist air mass wouldn't reach our shores on previous days' outputs. Moisture's not significant, and lack of instability and forcing aloft inhibits DMC.  Shallow convection brings a high RF risk, with enough forcing with occlusion bringing rather low lightning risk.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

thick mid-level cloud this morning has moved north and west allowing some warm hazy sunshine, feeling rather humid it has to be said........Patchy Ac with embedded Ac Cas encroaching from the south in conjunction with a cirrus veil making the skies increasingly hazy......17C in the shade currently...........interesting post earlier from w09, like him I've been keeping an eye on the models for the past few days, as they were showing the possibilities of some modest mid-level instability from the modelled frontal system approaching the region

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

Although its been a little cloudy at times, temp is reporting 18c for most of the afternoon and 18.9c at 3pm.
Quite a breeze too, NE 9mph with some 20mph gusts at times.
1019.4 hPa and 18.7c now

Edited by lettice

Posted

Temp of 13C but it would actually be quite warm but for the cooler air advected in the boundary layer on the 30mph easterly. Still with the AC layer at around 12,000 feet..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I see Bournemouth managed 18°C - topped out at 16.9°C here, and that was with no sunshine. It felt a little sultry today, was doing more work in the garden and got quite a sweat on!  phil_19.gif 

Temp: 15°C - Hum: 58% - Bar: 1020.15hPa - Wind: E > ESE @ 5mph.

Posted

I've just been out to have a long look at the interesting Ac we have at the moment and I'm not convinced now it is Cs above. It looks more like multi layered Ac, some of it quite high but certainly some of the best examples I've seen for a while. Quite tricky as the 12z Camborne sounding indicates that there could well be Ci  above.

Posted

I found some software to work with my IP Cam, so I can do timelapses with it.

Here's one i did of the last 23 hours or so.. Nothing exciting, but I think it'll come in handy on convective days. :)

• Like 2

Posted

11.1c at midnight, down to 9.3c at 8aam.
Now 9.4c, 1020.3 hPa, Northerly 7mph, grey skies.
All week Friday has been forecast as light rain all day, but see the forecasts changed this morning to dry and cloudy until late afternoon.

Posted

A foul day in comparison to the past week. It is 8° lower than yesterday.

Temp: 8.4°C - Hum: 88% - Bar: 1020.52hPa - Rain: 1mm - Wind: NE @ 5mph.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Great time lapse, Mapantz.

Here today, miserable, wet and cold, a day worthy of winter not late April.  3.4mm to 09.00 GMT and it's still coming down.

Posted

I don't think it's that cold, it felt quite humid out working in the sporadic rain. Today is like that day in midwinter when it's been mild and you know a severe cold spell is coming and you wait for the rain to turn to snow during the day as the cold air undercuts from the North, however that of course will not happen today because this weather is occurring in late April!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

If only this setup had happened in winter Andy. Alas I don't think these synoptics would necessarily bring as much precipitation in winter.

Posted

Although it was only 10c most of the day, it felt much warmer.
Quite cloudy, light grey, NNE wind, but light, just occasional drizzle this afternoon, only 0.4mm. Not even April showers.
Weekend is looking dry, but temps much the same as today. Just hope the sun makes an appearance.

Posted

Such a contrast to the last two days where the temps have been up to 15C. Drizzle has become increeasingly heavy as the day wore on and temperature about half of Wednesday's values

Posted

Around 9/10c most of the day but it felt more like 6/7c to me.

Even flicked the gas ch on for an hour to take chill off at 4 oclock this afternoon.

Posted

The rain has not let up since eight this morning, varying intensities but persistent.