Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & CS England Weather Discussion Spring 2016 (26th March ------->)

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Stupidly uploaded photos of this evening's funnel cloud in the Southeast thread (have only had one glass of wine!). Anyway, this evening's funnel cloud:

P1180883 (1).jpg

P1180884 (1).jpg

P1180885 (1).jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Hey that's a beauty Mike! Have you sent it to Ian Fergusson to be put on Points West? Ideal conditions today with slack LOW pressure drifting across the region.

We went to Salisbury today where there was one brief downpour around midday and some light rain either side, rather surprised to get home and find 10mm in the gauge but radar review shows the reasons why.

Posted
53 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Hey that's a beauty Mike! Have you sent it to Ian Fergusson to be put on Points West? Ideal conditions today with slack LOW pressure drifting across the region.

We went to Salisbury today where there was one brief downpour around midday and some light rain either side, rather surprised to get home and find 10mm in the gauge but radar review shows the reasons why.

Thanks Andy! It's a bit late to put it in tonight's weather isn't it? 

Edit: I've tweeted it to him. I don't know how to send him photos though.

Edited by MP-R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

wow a nice day and forecast to be the warmest day for a while at the dizzy heights of 11c  before maxing out at 7/8c for the next week.:sorry::bad:

Posted

Very different feel today. Blustery with a few moderate showers blown through and sunshine between. If not for the wind, standard April showers day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Recorded the warmest day of the year here, yesterday. 15.9°C - Huge temp drop when the convergence zone made in here though.

As MP-R says, standard April fayre  today. A few light showers, nothing noteworthy.

Temp: 11.1°C - Hum: 63% - Dew: 4.3°C - Bar: 1009.21hPa - Rain 0.4mm - Wind: W @ 9mph, gusting to 26mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

April 2007, I was very disappointed when one day early in the month failed to reach 12*C.

Things are a little different these days! Though I'm not convinced by GFS' 9-10*C maximums Fri-Sat despite some sunny spells.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Cloudy. Showery . Breezy. NW 27 km/h. Temperature 9.8c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

What I'm really surprised is how early this Spring is. It could be the earliest Spring on record if this carries on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Broken cloud. Some sunshine.   Calm. Dry. Humidity 63%rh. Pressure 1015.7hpa. Temperature  12.1c.

Will be half that tomorrow.  ...!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Started off sunny, clouded over now though- still the odd speck of blue sky.

Temp: 11.5°C - Hum: 67% - Bar: 1013.04hPa - Wind NW @ 2mph

I've got an amazing set of scripts lined up for my website. I have an older set working at the moment, but i'm waiting to hear back from an admin who owns a European weather network to get an API key to be able to get the newer version running. It'll have detailed forecasts for 72hrs, hour by hour, 15 days. Also, thunderstorm forecasts with CAPE/LI/Shear data, and probabilities for hail etc.. in graphs and tabular form, for any location chosen throughout  the UK and the rest of Europe. There's also interactive weather models ranging from 7.5KM up to the GFS 27KM resolution, showing various parameters. There's forecast data comparisons between the models in tabular form, a map of personal weather stations/data with the ability to show official stations data as well. it's one of the best scripts I've ever seen, and useful to absolutely everyone! I can't wait to get the newer version up and running.  good2.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

All set tomorrow for a walk on the higher moor early doors, in line for some sleet and snow, should be a fun walk.

• Like 1

Posted

I must find the time to look at Mapantz' website!

My new weather station arrived late afternoon yesterday and I've got it up and running with the sensor in a different position to the previous one, it's currently reading 12.9c on an overcast though bright at times with sunny spells afternoon so that seems reasonably accurate to me.

When I watched Countryfile on Sunday I thought this would prove to be a pretty wet week, however apart from 4 hours of heavy rain on Monday (10mm) there's only been a few showers and the front coming in later looks weak.

Posted
54 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

I must find the time to look at Mapantz' website!

My new weather station arrived late afternoon yesterday and I've got it up and running with the sensor in a different position to the previous one, it's currently reading 12.9c on an overcast though bright at times with sunny spells afternoon so that seems reasonably accurate to me.

When I watched Countryfile on Sunday I thought this would prove to be a pretty wet week, however apart from 4 hours of heavy rain on Monday (10mm) there's only been a few showers and the front coming in later looks weak.

Sunday's front also looks to stay away to the southwest for most of the day so could be a lot worse. Only had 5mm of rain so far this month.