The Midlands - Weather Chat - Spring Onwards

DiagonalRedLine

A light snow/hail mix shower just passed through here leaving a thin cover, Temp currently 5.8c

Forecast is for light moderate snow showers all afternoon here.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being a tram driver, yesterday evening at work was amazing. I was at the Wolves end of the line at the perfect time. Think I had the best seat!

Heavy snow falling here. Not settling, as it's 7.0oC, but lovely to see all the same.

Edited to add: Huge flakes falling now! If only it was colder, this would be amazing!

2 hours ago, Summer of 95 said:

Sleet, wet snow and hail, temperature of 4C at 2.30pm in late April. Only 5 months late, winter 2015/16.

April wins best month of the winter,march was pretty good to.

Remember on Wednesday, as costa del fal mentioned, there were about 2 - 3 soft hail/snow showers and each of them were getting heavier, but they were nothing compared to the storm on the evening, pea sized soft hail, 3 bright flashes of pink lightning and deep rumbles of thunder along with soft good gusts of wind. A slight covering of soft hail on the grass, that then froze overnight, then woke up to a slight dusting of snow. Not bad. Also the 2nd thunderstorm for Walsall.

Im 'hopeing' it will turn to Snow as the colder air feeds in this evening.

2 minutes ago, Terminal Moraine said:

Same here P.M with the temperature at 3.4c.

17 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

interesting squall moved through, wild with hail and thunder/lightning, only about 5 mins though

Same just came through here. Minus the T and L, plenty of hail though. Caught me by surprise!

Archived