Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat - Spring Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Certainly have done......C'DEL'FAL,,,, At one stage during the storm a huge massive flash....Half a second later.... CRACK.....GOD!!! did I jump, frightened the life out of me....LOVE IT:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

My 3 and a half year old summed it up. That was rubbish daddy :D

So much promise and we missed out by about 10 miles AGAIN.  Heard plenty of distant rumbles but nothing that got the heart pounding! There was the 2 lots of booming thunder while i was at work which shook the office. I finished work at 4:15 and it was dark, really though it was our turn. Nope! West Midlands cashed in the money in the bank (sorry wwe pun!) My son was looking forward to the thunder, i have shown him on youtube etc so he isn't scared of it. Not to worry because while he lives in Telford storms are like rocking horse poop! 

• Like 1

Posted
35 minutes ago, Shane Wheeldon said:

My 3 and a half year old summed it up. That was rubbish daddy :D

So much promise and we missed out by about 10 miles AGAIN.  Heard plenty of distant rumbles but nothing that got the heart pounding! There was the 2 lots of booming thunder while i was at work which shook the office. I finished work at 4:15 and it was dark, really though it was our turn. Nope! West Midlands cashed in the money in the bank (sorry wwe pun!) My son was looking forward to the thunder, i have shown him on youtube etc so he isn't scared of it. Not to worry because while he lives in Telford storms are like rocking horse poop! 

I feel quite sorry for you as a weather enthusiast living in Telford. It seems based from this forum that it's the most rubbish place in the world for interesting weather. Not that it's particularly brilliant here, but it seems whenever there's a anything of interest happening in the Midlands in general, Telford and pretty much anywhere in Shropshire seems to be missing out. If you can I'd just move somewhere else. Not that that's always practical mind. Even if you stay there though surely you've got to get a break someday.

• Like 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

I feel quite sorry for you as a weather enthusiast living in Telford. It seems based from this forum that it's the most rubbish place in the world for interesting weather. Not that it's particularly brilliant here, but it seems whenever there's a anything of interest happening in the Midlands in general, Telford and pretty much anywhere in Shropshire seems to be missing out. If you can I'd just move somewhere else. Not that that's always practical mind. Even if you stay there though surely you've got to get a break someday.

Its funny you should say that because we have been thinking of moving, not for weather purposes tho haha! Telford never used to be this bad i can remember some absolute corkers. Its just the last 7 years i could count the amount of storms on 2 hands!  But this is part of been a weather enthusiast. 1 day we will drop lucky in Telford i am sure :D but i have lived here for 40 year's  (yep all my life im 40!) I think it could be time to move on, Conor is finally managing to get away from Telford lets hope he takes the curse with him haha!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hurrah we have just had a great little storm here in Truro. Quite frequent overhead lightning at one point. Torrential rain too. So glad I haven't missed out today when I was seeing the W Mids getting some action earlier too. :)

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Shane Wheeldon said:

Its funny you should say that because we have been thinking of moving, not for weather purposes tho haha! Telford never used to be this bad i can remember some absolute corkers. Its just the last 7 years i could count the amount of storms on 2 hands!  But this is part of been a weather enthusiast. 1 day we will drop lucky in Telford i am sure :D but i have lived here for 40 year's  (yep all my life im 40!) I think it could be time to move on, Conor is finally managing to get away from Telford lets hope he takes the curse with him haha!

Let's hope he doesn't I think you mean, lol :D

Posted

The most notable thing about all that was the rain. It was truly biblical and for so long. Plenty of thunder too, especially on the back edge. Still seeing the odd flash in the distance as I face almost due North.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

It turned almost as dark as night here around 1730 g.m.t, the wind increased to f 6-7 with gusts of 39-42 mph but all that followed was a few spots of rain, 1 flash of lightning and a rather muffled rumble of thunder. Just a few miles to the west there was a spell of torrential rain.

Still, we did manage the highest September maximum on record ( since 1963 ) this afternoon with 25.9c recorded.

Posted

Looks like the east was in the hot zone,well that bright lightning bolt has well and truly knocked the signal of the satellite dish out,first time that's happened and not come back.

Posted

FINALLY got my first storm of the year was in wed'bury, as this was starting and heading home, some very close and loud strikes, as I was heading NE the storm was just behind me the whole time, as I got onto the A5 to head E was when the storm caught up with me properly, very dark, heavy rain and plenty of lightning, very satisfied

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty and fresh

I'm a bit late reporting on last evenings storm but better late than never.

Storm started at 1705 with loss of light and boy did it go dark.

Rain started at 1715 and finished at 1850, total rainfall was 41mm for this 95min period.

I normally stand under the veranda and watch the storms but not this one, stayed indoors, way to many strikes closest was about 300ft to the west of my house. The noise levels that the storm produced was the loudest I've ever heard. Trees in full leaf took a battering from the gusts and most of the lanes in the area became no go areas.

It was awesome but also dangerous for any caught outside.      

• Like 2

Posted

No record high mins last night as the forecast 19c was shown,min here of 13.8c and foggy.

Today will be hot though,may get another isolated thunderstorm later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Absolutely beautiful today. Unbroken sunshine pretty much all day, quite hazy for the most part but that's fine. A gentle breeze stopping it feeling too hot, too. Maxed out at 28.2 °C, which is a good three degrees higher than yesterday and truly exceptional for mid-September here. I know I'm in a minority here, but give me this over yesterday every time. 8)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
Just now, Sweatyman said:

So sweaty this evening blimey. Sky looks a bit ominous I must say at the mo.

Yep, some large clouds going up, quickly too

Posted

Thunderstorm just kicking off here, it's not even on the radar yet, might be about to go bang big style!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Thunder rumbling around these parts, sky an ominous yellowy grey colour.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms
2 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

Thunder rumbling around these parts, sky an ominous yellowy grey colour.  

Same here in Dudley! Completely unexpected! It was beautiful an hour ago! 

Posted

Very thick fog while driving to work at 5am this morning making my early morning shift of driving my tram quite challenging!

So how are we looking for tonight here in the West Midlands?

Do we have a chance of catching a storm...or too far west this time? We've already done really well out of this spell though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

seem miles too far NW Gordon, always modeled SE of us, just starting now in SE on raintoday, convective clouds developing here, but nothing close

Posted

Ita pretty hard to get excited about any potential storms after the disappointment of Tuesday and countless other times. Yes most of you on here have done really well out of the current spell but us in Shropshire  have really suffered  (Telford in particular!) Its not fun to see a storm spitting out lighning on the radar then as soon as it enters shropshire it stops! Only to re energise once it has gone over!! Then to cap it off the 2nd storm hits the west midlands when it looked like Telford would get a direct hit! 

So i am not going to watch the radar now, if any storms happen great, if not then i haven't wasted any time watching the rest of the county get there storms!!  

This area not only sucks the life out of storms, it is sucking the passion in once had for them because they just dont happen. 

Thats my rant over anyway :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Thunder and lightning about 10-15 miles east of here during the early hours of this morning and the same again now. A completely dry night here but there's been a brief moderate shower in the last 5 minutes. Quite windy earlier, as the storms to the east moved north, with gusts of 37-40 mph but the wind has decreased to a moderate breeze in the last hour.