Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat - Spring Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
On 03/07/2016 at 11:42, Dancerwithwings said:

Nicey, nice out there :D the rest of the week should be the same with a fairly desert ridge building in from the southwest.

In all not a bad week folks, especially the way it's been of late, we deserve it.

Yes good to feel that warm sun again. Some nice cirrus streaks about today.

1467631040265-630742824.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Afternoon folks. A glorious day in Worcestershire yesterday -- I even caught a touch of the sun, which isn't something that's happened much this year! A nice surprise given that yesterday was forecast to be wet a few days back. It hasn't lasted, though: a sunny morning here has now given way to cool, cloudy and breezy conditions. Not awful conditions, but nothing like as good as yesterday. Hopefully things will improve over the rest of the week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
7 hours ago, phil nw. said:

Yes good to feel that warm sun again. Some nice cirrus streaks about today.

1467631040265-630742824.jpg

usually means rain on the way, must have this time, wet now

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Some of the best cirrus clouds ive seen in years this morning with the deep blue back ground they really stood out :)

Unlucky 252 :hi:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
18 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

usually means rain on the way, must have this time, wet now

Yes that little low heading across N.England with the warm front approaching.

PPVA89.gif

it soon clouded up here this afternoon but no noticeable rain yet here-a bit further south than yourself.

10 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Some of the best cirrus clouds ive seen in years this morning with the deep blue back ground they really stood out :)

Unlucky 252 :hi:

Yes i was sat out in the garden having a coffee earlier and thought the same-thought it was worth taking a quick photo.:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Very heavy rain lashing the windows here just now.

Posted

Persistent moderate/heavy rain here with low cloud and rather dull.

temp 14.9c

rain 5.3mm

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

This "summer" is beginning to really suck..big time.

• Like 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

This "summer" is beginning to really suck..big time.

Yep, with you carl, its like some sort of sick joke, all year round.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Yep, with you carl, its like some sort of sick joke, all year round.

yes and polar maritime annoying, always cherry picks cold/wet charts on MOD, not sure if it's to wind the summer fans up

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

yes and polar maritime annoying, always cherry picks cold/wet charts on MOD, not sure if it's to wind the summer fans up

LOL i don't think its a wind up, it is quite noteworthy, ah well, hope springs eternal of a change, soon would be nice weather gods..

Posted

Moderate rain continues here but easing slightly, There should be a lull before another band moves S/E later this afternoon. Rainfall totals just notching 9mm now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Had 12.7mm of rain from that band. Is it going to be another one of those summers?

Small part of me looking ahead to later in the year with easterly QBO low solar activity and already promising early indicators of a cold winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Pouring with rain here this morning, garden needs it, though, but not much in the way of summery weather lately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Oh come on! Rain again at the weekend?! This is getting beyond a joke now!!! This 'summer' has been diabolical.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lovely afternoon here. :)

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

So much for the hot and sunny weekend we were promised early in the week, now it's been moved to Tuesday, by then it'll be Friday, repeat until September...

Yet more stupefying grey cloud and unspectacular temps. This is so far one of the most boring summer months in a long time, even by post-2006 standards, it makes those of 2011 look full of interest. 

Posted
42 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

So much for the hot and sunny weekend we were promised early in the week, now it's been moved to Tuesday, by then it'll be Friday, repeat until September...

Yet more stupefying grey cloud and unspectacular temps. This is so far one of the most boring summer months in a long time, even by post-2006 standards, it makes those of 2011 look full of interest. 

more like a 'warm sector' day, cold front still to our north, hope it's not wet tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Tuesday is going to an absolute scorcher. Sunny all day. 31c is already predicted for here so I reckon 33-34c here on the day quite in reach if things stay as they are. Met Office maps showing nicely that London and SW Midlands (I.e along the Severn Estuary area from Glocuester/Pershore to Stourbridge) reaching the maximum temperatures though many look like seeing ~30c.  Then a substantial storm risk overnight into Wednesday. In recent years our storms seem to come overnight or in particular, early in the morning in these types of set ups and it looks like again this may happen. No gripes from me on that, scorching day and potential cracking night time lightning display! Win win!

Posted

Hullo..I've been awoken from my forum slumber...something interesting is on the way I see!

And I'm off work this week.

Posted
14 hours ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Tuesday is going to an absolute scorcher. Sunny all day. 31c is already predicted for here so I reckon 33-34c here on the day quite in reach if things stay as they are. Met Office maps showing nicely that London and SW Midlands (I.e along the Severn Estuary area from Glocuester/Pershore to Stourbridge) reaching the maximum temperatures though many look like seeing ~30c.  Then a substantial storm risk overnight into Wednesday. In recent years our storms seem to come overnight or in particular, early in the morning in these types of set ups and it looks like again this may happen. No gripes from me on that, scorching day and potential cracking night time lightning display! Win win!

Here's hoping I can get Tuesday off, can't see temperatures hitting anywhere near 33c though as warmest upper's don't arrive until the evening, maybe 30 though with hopefully some convective action by the evening.

In the meantime it's still mostly cloudy here, wind woke me up around 3am and been gusting since from the west, wasn't expecting it.

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

My goodness, do we have a week off from our Eternal October in the offing? I think we do! As already mentioned, Tuesday looks on for 30+ °C in these parts -- the max here on 1 July last year was 32.1 °C, so who knows? Personally I hope that if there are storms they hold off until well after dark, as I'd love a day of pure summer heat when I can sit in the garden with a cider at 9pm with the sun still out.

Mind you, the weather at the end of the week looks potentially quite nice, too. Low 20s and a decent amount of sun with only occasional showers would be pleasant enough.

As for today, it looks reasonable here. Cloudy as I type, but I'm hopeful of seeing sunnier conditions this afternoon. 19 °C right now.

Posted

Certainly warming up here today with nearly clear skys just now.