Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat - Spring Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

There was thunder heard here last night our neighbours heard it,I must of slept throw it.

Also a couple of thunder claps heard today,which again I never heard as I was driving(I hate that driving is a nightmare when trying to listen out for thunder) just a rogue shower,a few others broke out later further east.

I saw the TCU to the south turning into the shower top.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

No storms in Stoke today, I believe they fired up east of here. Little disappointed as the potential was there for some good ones. Not a great year for us so far for storms considering a vast amount of the UK has had good storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Hot dry day today - now there's some rain a bit further south but it's doing its best to avoid the Malverns and skirt east of us. Shame as we really need the rain here, garden's very dry.

Posted

Rain just pushing into my part of WARKS. I didn't see any forecast like this?  hopefully it'll pull the temperature down still further

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Currently 23.6C with a few fluffy bits up there...............Just right :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Quiet on here! heavy shower just missed me to the west, probably no thunder/lightning though in these showers, or thread would be not so quiet

Posted

Torrential downpour here. Only in this country could a shower this heavy not produce thunder in July, after a warm day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
18 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Torrential downpour here. Only in this country could a shower this heavy not produce thunder in July, after a warm day!

I've been watching that on the radar. For a while I though it might be moving east as fast as it was moving north but it now looks like passing to the west of me and on towards Bakewell and Buxton.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lack of rain beginning to show here now with lawns starting to go brown in places now. Doesn't look like much rain on the horizon either.

Posted
22 minutes ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Lack of rain beginning to show here now with lawns starting to go brown in places now. Doesn't look like much rain on the horizon either.

Maybe not for your area, but tomorrow here looks a shocker, with back to normal, wet Sundays

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Maybe not for your area, but tomorrow here looks a shocker, with back to normal, wet Sundays

GFS does look a bit wet tomorrow but Meto, BBC etc all pointing to light scraps of rain really if anything.

Posted

Just 1.8 mm of rain here in the last 13 days after 58 mm in the first 10 days of July.

Posted

Was away Wednesday - Sunday so for the 2nd time this year i've come back off a mini break to sunless Autumn :laugh: less than 5 mins of sun so far this week and dire charts..think I best get looking for another break before Autumn jeeze.

This is the problem with this Summer, we might of got that incredible day last Tuesday but now we've pay for it with no high pressure till Autumn Equinox.

Edited by conor123

Posted

It seems to have gone back to defaulting to 18C and cloudy after that taste of old-style summer last week. This month has been notably dry in many places, why has it been so cloudy apart from a few days last week? In the past this sort of month would have been sunny as well as dry, it just seems that summer is preset to be cloudy nowadays.

Posted
On 29/07/2016 at 11:24, Summer of 95 said:

It seems to have gone back to defaulting to 18C and cloudy after that taste of old-style summer last week. This month has been notably dry in many places, why has it been so cloudy apart from a few days last week? In the past this sort of month would have been sunny as well as dry, it just seems that summer is preset to be cloudy nowadays.

It's not been particularly cloudy here this month. Just over 145 hours of sunshine, 12 hours below the 30 year average, and with one day to go. It's been sunnier than last July but nowhere near as sunny as in 2013 and 2014 which recorded 224 and 192 hours respectively.

The last really dull July was 2010 with just short of 89 hours of sunshine.

The second half of the month has certainly been very dry with just 6.3 mm recorded here, the driest second half of July since 1990 which recorded 4.6 mm.

Posted

What a rubbish weekend, was meant to be sunny spells and a few scattered showers yet it's 100% overcast muck again today.

Despite the heat of last week and warm spell first week of June the rest of summer has been bad enough to ensure this is still overall one of the worst alongside 2007 and 2011, probably worse as the two times i've been away have both been on those two weeks we've had the warmer weather so essentially other than the 32c the other Tuesday all i've witnessed is 15-18c muck.

Edited by conor123
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Well what an awful July it has been, next weeks looks pretty dire so a pretty poor start to August. This has been a poor summer very little in the way of sun and warmth. Storms.. well that is a sore subject 90% of the midlands have had storms the last month or 2, we had a couple of cloud farts in May and that has been it! The one thing i will say Telford does do good with is cloud! Lovely slate grey skies from the time you get up, then if your lucky they will clear about 7pm! 

Posted

There must be a lot of evaporation happening. Radar showing persistent moderate rain, but only a few spots reaching the ground!

Posted
14 minutes ago, davehsug said:

There must be a lot of evaporation happening. Radar showing persistent moderate rain, but only a few spots reaching the ground!

well I'm only around 14 miles south and moderate here last hour

Posted

Truely poison, rain rain rain and 13.8c!!!

Just can't see the UKMO being right for this weekend unfortunately, probably more grey westerly murk!

Posted
21 hours ago, conor123 said:

Truely poison, rain rain rain and 13.8c!!!

Just can't see the UKMO being right for this weekend unfortunately, probably more grey westerly murk!

yes, I can see that happening, slow downgrading of the high pressure, models do underestimate the Atlantic, expect us to be grey at 19C, where as SE gets blue skies at 27°

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Well August has started off like July ended wet! I have had the week of work and yet to see a dry day. Looks like today will be the same. Really frustrating! I book this week off every year and this has been the worst weather wise!! Im back at work next week and fully expect to see the sun make its appearance again. 

Posted

So it ended on a grey note but best Saturday of the summer today, long spells of sunshine and max of 24c :D nice surprise as was expecting cloudy day!

Posted

Best weekend of the summer here, today started as yesterday ended with grey skies but cloud dissolved away to leave mostly blue skies from 11am onwards and felt hot in the sun despite the wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A lovely weekend it certainly was, but it feels a long way away right now! Gloomy, chilly and windy outside as I type. Back to October, and I'll believe the "warming up by the weekend" forecasts when and if they actually happen!