Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat - Spring Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
8 hours ago, Summer of 95 said:

10 years. Anyone remember this song, it was on the radio all the time when it last happened here:

I don`t remember that song at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
40 minutes ago, Gord said:

Looking a little bit out of reach tonight and tomorrow for storms I have to say.

But, on the plus side, we certainly got the heat today.

...and can't complain if we miss out on the storms after all those direct hits in June,

Yes we did well in June and today our region was pretty much hottest in the country. The plus side of no storms tomorrow means we should scrape another hot day. Not as hot as today but 25-28c quite possible and some good long sunny spells possible again. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!
8 hours ago, Gord said:

Looking a little bit out of reach tonight and tomorrow for storms I have to say.

But, on the plus side, we certainly got the heat today.

...and can't complain if we miss out on the storms after all those direct hits in June,

What storms in June? That lighting map for June that was doing the rounds a few weeks back summed it up perfect for Telford it was one of the few areas around the Midlands that showed 0 days thunder in June. If i can find it i will re post it. 

I am off to work in an hour so i will miss out IF anything happens! It just gets to a point of why bother, my lad is now 3 and we had that epic storm last year but he was in bed so apart from a few cloud farts he has not seen a storm in his short life!! I dont want him growing up as a child scared of the thunder, i was terrified because my mom was, so up until the age of 8 i use to hide under tables lol! 

I want to take him outside and show him that the thunder is not scary. Having the opportunity to tho is the thing! Anyway thats my morning rant over. 

20160720_071553.jpg

Edited by Shane Wheeldon
Missing media

Posted

No storms here and turning clear again now from SW so think that's it now, overnight low of 19.5c in the end, would of been higher but pleasant Cheshire Gap breeze has arrived now.

Posted

I left the phone on time lapse last night hoping to get one of those nice sunsets where the clouds al light up red, didn't quite happen but still was pretty cool to see how the clouds moved on what looked a still night.  This was taken in Wythall over about 45 mins 

IMG_0136.MOV

Posted

Warm and humid here    as Gord said cant complain that much  after the storms in June.  However still havnt given up hope just yet there may possibly be a chance later today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
31 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Warm and humid here    as Gord said cant complain that much  after the storms in June.  However still havnt given up hope just yet there may possibly be a chance later today.

wind switched round to NW, better fresher direction, but no storms as surely this means front passed

Posted

26C now, looks like another warm one despite the change in wind direction, if we can't get storms sunny weather will do just fine...

We git 4 days of thunder in June, but it was mostly brief showers. May 7th was our best one.

Posted
1 hour ago, Staffordshire said:

Well I'm one of the few midlanders, along with the Telford lot, yet to see a flash or hear a rumble this far this year... Guess all I can do is wait

I believe us Telford lot did hear a couple of bangs at some point this year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Crikey, Perhsore already ~29c and many local stations here are 28-29c too. Could we scrape another 30c? :)

Posted
1 hour ago, Ian Ballinger said:

I believe us Telford lot did hear a couple of bangs at some point this year

So far this year i have heard 2 bangs that was in early May i think, I heard more when i was in Blackpool in June for a week! Telford has been an appalling place for storms lately, apart from that big storm last year (best i had seen for a long time!) we really have had little in the way of storms. I remember we use to get some whoppers!

Posted

Cell out to the West, few sferics from it and moving in a NE direction, looks like it will skirt Telford and go between here and Shrewsbury...

Posted
4 minutes ago, Stormraider said:

Cell out to the West, few sferics from it and moving in a NE direction, looks like it will skirt Telford and go between here and Shrewsbury...

if it holds out, looks like missing here to the NW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
53 minutes ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Crikey, Perhsore already ~29c and many local stations here are 28-29c too. Could we scrape another 30c? :)

In a word, yes. At least where I am -- max so far 30.2 °C. Really wasn't expecting that today, but I suppose after a night with a min of 21 °C it doesn't take as much warming as usual!

Posted

really a huge cumulus now, but north of me, rest of sky clear, could earlier see the frontal cloud to my NE

Posted

Can also hear distant thunder here.

Posted

unbelievably gusty out there now, westerly wind, feeling a bit fresher, storms though missed here, Anything now I feel will develop East of here

Posted

Looks like thats it for storm potential around this neck of the woods? Looks like a sunny evening in the offering tho, a bit blustery but still pleasant enough. Another month on the cards with no thunder? Not sure what the forecast is for the next week. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Topped out at 30.9 °C, a good few degrees above what I'd expected, so can't complain! Still well into the 20s now, but feels so much fresher than last night.