Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat - Spring Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Well the storms had better materialise tomorrow night, I'm in Shrewsbury for 2 days from Wednesday, so I know I'll be seeing nothing Wednesday daytime!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
41 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Well the storms had better materialise tomorrow night, I'm in Shrewsbury for 2 days from Wednesday, so I know I'll be seeing nothing Wednesday daytime!

Looking at this latest Cape chart, you maybe in the right place.

The BBC this evening have all the action further north.......We'll see come :whistling:

24-505UK.GIF?18-18

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I have feeling 35c might be a little far fetched but I am going for 34c in Pershore tomorrow and to be the hottest in the country. Similar story here, perhaps more like 33c but I reckon we can be hotter than London/SE tomorrow as the wind direction is as favourable as it can get for us. Even Shrewsbury should beat 30c! This is way better than last 1st July imo. The 30th June was superb but the 1st July had a lot of cloud at times. Tomorrow will bring very similar temperatures and wall to wall sun for many. Stunning day ahead. :)

Posted

Yes, CDF, on July 1st last year it reached 30C at 11am at Coleshill, would you believe, however patchy cloudcover having developed meant temperatures didn't continue rising until a good while after. The temp. maxed out at 33C, in the end, but had it been clear skies all the way, could have easily gotten into the mid-30s or perhaps higher.

Tomorrow, given the Euro4 is going for 33C, with low 30s everywhere else, a spot 34C or 35C degree recording somewhere in the central/southern Midlands is not out of the question. Either way, it will be hot.  The minimum temperature overnight will be something to keep an eye on as well..

Posted

Woke up to a strange blanket of mist fog which was hugging the ground with blue overhead, burning off now. Loads of dew as well, never seen so much in summer. 

I really hope you're right Costa del Fal, it's 10 years to the day...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Well its looks set to be the hottest day of the year, i will in sat in an office sweltering lol! Hopefully by the time i finish at 5 the sun is still shining so i can crank the BBQ up then enjoy it for a couple of hours and then watch some storms. If carlsberg did evenings that would be it lol! The reality will probably be, get home to cloudzilla, then read all about 90% of the Midlands having epic lighting etc! 

Posted

Overnight low of 15.9c in the end, perfect blue skies this morning already up to 22.3c, possibly the warmest day in 10 years* to the exact date today!

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
7 minutes ago, conor123 said:

Overnight low of 15.9c in the end, perfect blue skies this morning already up to 22.3c, possibly the warmest day in 10 days to the exact date today!

10 days? Not as remarkable as I thought this spell then. Hehe. :)

good luck on 30c plus today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The minimum of 17.3c here last night was the 6th highest on record in July in the last 39 years.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Costa Del Fal said:

10 days? Not as remarkable as I thought this spell then. Hehe. :)

good luck on 30c plus today!

Years even,10 days ago we were in the brisk of October :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Now this time we have unbroken sunshine! And it's already reached 25 °C here in Bewdley, and we're not even to 10 am yet. Could be something special today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
10 hours ago, Costa Del Fal said:

I have feeling 35c might be a little far fetched but I am going for 34c in Pershore tomorrow and to be the hottest in the country. Similar story here, perhaps more like 33c but I reckon we can be hotter than London/SE tomorrow as the wind direction is as favourable as it can get for us. Even Shrewsbury should beat 30c! This is way better than last 1st July imo. The 30th June was superb but the 1st July had a lot of cloud at times. Tomorrow will bring very similar temperatures and wall to wall sun for many. Stunning day ahead. :)

not a lot of difference is there really! 34 or 35° whatever, makes no difference pmsl, far too hot

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Beautiful clear day with NO clouds in view! Currently 21.1oC (but we are in the shade of the hill till lunchtime). 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
12 minutes ago, weirpig said:

26.1 degrees here in sunny Dudley  surely we must breech 30 today?

I'm sure SS will be on every 5 minutes like he is every day pmsl! reminding everyone of temps! how can you be on here that often, ya know with work etc!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Barbmac said:

Beautiful clear day with NO clouds in view! Currently 21.1oC (but we are in the shade of the hill till lunchtime). 

Lol  Barb  280m  and still in the shade  i bet its like the alps down there.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Lol  Barb  280m  and still in the shade  i bet its like the alps down there.

It is! We're halfway up the hill and in shadow till lunchtime I tell you, watching skiers zip down past the house as I type. :D

• Like 1

Posted

Already 28c according to my car thermometer here which usually is actually not far off the mark! 

Posted

Actually I feel like the Middle class guy in that comedy sketch by the Two Ronnies... I look up to him (gazes at Weirpig at 600 asl) but I look down at them (eyes those of you at lower altitudes). :yahoo:

I should water the garden again before the sun comes round. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Barbmac said:

Actually I feel like the Middle class guy in that comedy sketch by the Two Ronnies... I look up to him (gazes at Weirpig at 600 asl) but I look down at them (eyes those of you at lower altitudes). :yahoo:

I should water the garden again before the sun comes round. 

lol  id stay out of the sun  its doing silly things to you,

• Like 1

Posted

27.6  now  arise of 1.5 degrees in the past hour   i think the all time high in dudley is just over 34 degrees   could get close

Edited by weirpig

Posted

Local stations generally above 30c now. Ahead of met office expectation. 34c looking good right now. :)