Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat - Spring Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lovely warm afternoon here with long sunny spells. Temperatures already 1c or so above predicted so Tuesday really could push 33-34c somewhere I think. Met office seems to show the hottest place on Tuesday should be around Worcestershire to around Birmingham/black Country. London may be just a little behind. 

BBQ being lit up in a few hours. Welcome to summer all. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Lovely afternoon here, not wall-to-wall sunshine but a decent amount of blue sky around. Very warm, certainly. Just touched 27 °C a bit over an hour ago, but it's mostly been hovering in the 26 °C range recently. The warmest day of the year in any case -- a record that presumably will stand for all of one day! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

26.5c today :D my prediction for the next few days will be 29c tomorrow 33c Tuesday 

Cooling off come midweek but a thundery breakdown before it does......here comes a very mini summer :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
6 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

26.5c today :D my prediction for the next few days will be 29c tomorrow 33c Tuesday 

Cooling off come midweek but a thundery breakdown before it does......here comes a very mini summer :hi:

yes, my predictions as well, GFS underdoing temps, Wed looks like 31° as well, maybe 37° for the far east of the UK

Posted
9 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

yes, my predictions as well, GFS underdoing temps, Wed looks like 31° as well, maybe 37° for the far east of the UK

Blimey 37c 8) that maybe overdoing it a little....Would not fancy inland parts of spain this week..... 45c  :shok:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

A much nicer afternoon than expected in the end after the cloudy morning, cloud gradually dissolved to the point of blue skies, a miracle on a weekend day :laugh::laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

The (national) BBC1 weather just now had a sneak preview of Tuesday, with a great big "33" right over our region. Interesting!

Posted

Well after the mirk took until mid morning to clear, we now have near 100% convective infill! Summer 2016 eh.

Posted

Met Office W Mids forecast: "There will be some patchy cloud around to begin with, but this will clear through the day to leave clear blue skies and sunshine across the region."

Ha ha ha. No.

It's certainly very warm, but it's been 90% plus cloud cover for hours. The sun is out at I type, but certainly nothing even approaching "clear blue skies". Yesterday at this point was much, much better IMO. Still hopeful things will improve, but it would be nice just for once to have a sunny hot day, rather than a murky one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yes a fair bit more cloud than expected but it is beginning to clear now and satellite shows an ever improving picture. Hot now anyway. 30-34c looking good across our patch tomorrow. :)

Posted

The cloud has cleared quite well, but the temp seems to be rising quite slowly? Currently reading 24.4 here (Shawbury 23.9), it was over 20 by 10am. I could see a lot of cloud this morning particularly to the S and SW.

Posted
16 minutes ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Yes a fair bit more cloud than expected but it is beginning to clear now and satellite shows an ever improving picture. Hot now anyway. 30-34c looking good across our patch tomorrow. :)

Ah, I'm just having a whinge, that's all. :) Humid and overcast is among my least favourite of summer weather types. It's just so uncomfortable, without even the compensation of bright summer sunshine or storms to come later on. Plus it's already gone 2pm, and it's very frustrating when forecast clear conditions only appear late in the afternoon. There have been way too many summer days when it's been beautiful after 6pm, when it's too late to be much use.

Also, I want a real scorcher tomorrow, and that's going to need rather more sun than this!

Posted
20 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Ah, I'm just having a whinge, that's all. :) Humid and overcast is among my least favourite of summer weather types. It's just so uncomfortable, without even the compensation of bright summer sunshine or storms to come later on. Plus it's already gone 2pm, and it's very frustrating when forecast clear conditions only appear late in the afternoon. There have been way too many summer days when it's been beautiful after 6pm, when it's too late to be much use.

Also, I want a real scorcher tomorrow, and that's going to need rather more sun than this!

Yep i agree  although warm here it is cloudy  hopefully tuesday will bring some more in the way of clear skies

Posted

air-fan-smiley-emoticon.gifCertainly will be having a couple of these on the go this evening, do struggle to sleep on nights like these air-fan-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Met office going for at least 32/33c tomorrow here. :D could be one of the hottest days ever in these parts as central and southern Midlands look to be the hottest in the country. Lovely hot and sunny late afternoon and now now evening as well. :)

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Well after a day working on the roof here i am well and truly like a Tomato, A gorgeous evening makes up for it though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Im calling for 35c/95f tomorrow in Evesham in the beautiful county of  Worcestershire!   A low tomorrow night into early Wednesday morning of 21c/70f. Great heat for a day or two, but thank God its gonna get cooler after Wednesday!!! Wish the thunderstorm activity would be forecast to be more?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Currently 30.2c /86f here at 19.40 hrs! Quite impressive!

Posted

Well, the blue skies did eventually appear, and here in Bewdley the max was 28.7 °C -- of course, the warmest day of 2016 so far. Just been for a walk around the local lanes, and it's still very hot work climbing even moderate hills. Just above 25 °C here now.

Tomorrow is the (potential) big one! Something very weird would have to happen to stop us reaching 30 °C; the question is how far above that it may go. My record from last year was 32.1 °C, which I think is a decent benchmark. If it goes above that, it'll be the hottest I've recorded here since July 2006!

Posted
6 minutes ago, ANYWEATHER said:

Currently 30.2c /86f here at 19.40 hrs! Quite impressive!

Tomorrow nights so called min/temps are impressive ....Just not looking forward to them :lazy::pardon:

WP_20160718_18_28_20_Pro.jpg

Posted

Quite remarkable really to think we could end up just a few degrees of the national all time temperature record! Very hot by any means! Some local weather station records could go perhaps, especially Tuesday night. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

After a fairly uninspiring start to the day, with a lot of patchy cloud cover, it turned out bloody glorious from mid-afternoon onwards.

It'll be interesting to see what tomorrow brings in terms of temp maxima and storm potential. NickF's storm forecast has Salop seemingly well set to get some fireworks, and the Midlands - temp wise - could top the charts. I do remember July 1st last year when I was working the other side of Wolves, and I got in the car at the end of the day. The OBC stated a temp of 95F when I turned the ignition on!

Posted

Yay managed to get tomorrow off work then off to Madrid Wednesday afternoon for more mid 30's just as breaks down here :laugh:

Fair bit of cloud today whilst in work but as soon as I came home it dissolved wahey, maxed out dead on 27c in the end, still 24.3c now so warmer than most of summer here.

Edited by conor123