Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat - Spring Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Hello.

The existing rain showers appear to be travelling from South East to North West, over much of Wales, missing the midlands at present lunch time. I cannot see significant clusters coming from south of the English Channel, so at appears that what thorms we might endure later will be home-grown. Anyone with fresh info on this please.

Best wishes

Philip

Posted

Clouds starting to bubble up a bit now, but the sky is so hazy, it's impossible to see any definition.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
54 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

Sky absolutely full of muck, very little sun, very little chance of storms it seems. Modern Spanish plumes, don't you just love em!

This is not really a Spanish plume tbh. Don't think it has the traditional characteristics of one. Just our air is coming from the south and it's warm. Some good sunshine here so far though cloudy currently but should improve either side of any showers/storms this afternoon. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The Euro4 model by the way really goes for some good showers/storms over us this evening. :)

Posted

Gone completely cloudy here...almost gloomy. Will that hurt our chances? Radar looks good, forecasts and models look ok...we shall find out soon hopefully.

Posted

Cloud breaking and sun coming out. First batch is going to miss me to my east. (Good news for some of you though).

But that second batch further south...with time for it to develop further. This could be pretty tasty!

Posted
20 minutes ago, Gord said:

Cloud breaking and sun coming out. First batch is going to miss me to my east. (Good news for some of you though).

But that second batch further south...with time for it to develop further. This could be pretty tasty!

Yes by the time they reach here, they could be tapping in to the maximum energy available of the day. :)

Posted

Nothing to get too excited about yet. Cells seem to pop up throw out a few strikes then die. Need some better organisation to produce real storms.

Edited by davehsug

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Guys..

Just had a cell pop up to the South East of here. Seemed to pop up from nowhere.

I am surprised the Knowle contingent haven't reported as it seemed to develop over the top of them.

I heard about 7 peels from here. So it must have been close to them.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Distant rumbles of thunder and it's heading this way. Lots of Lightning strikes!

http://www.lightningmaps.org

Posted

Waste of warm air, weekend curse at it again, cloud cloud cloud all the day with only a few brief spells of very hazy sun, hope tomorrow is better and the showers don't turn up.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, conor123 said:

Waste of warm air, weekend curse at it again, cloud cloud cloud all the day with only a few brief spells of very hazy sun, hope tomorrow is better and the showers don't turn up.

You have a decent shout of a storm today though! A fair bit of sunshine here earlier. May be a different story up in Telford again though. Tomorrow looks much sunnier. Does not look like showers will form now imo tomorrow.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

In the meantime ever darkening skies to my south/south east now. :)

Posted

Fingers crossed although with next weekend being back to screaming northerlies was really hoping both days ended up decent here, hopefully catch these storms later to make up for it.

Posted

Just started to rain,but there doesn't seem to be anything electrical within 30 miles. Entirely typical.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

cell to my east, and north west, but general area looks like missing me to the west, West midlands will get storms, then moving north west to Shrops/E Wales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

perhaps it's the cell over Leicester I can see? heavy shower there on channel 402, champions Leicester!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Whoa that was intense! Lots of lightning and loud thunder, storm passed right over us. Torrential rain. Heading off northwards now.

• Like 1

Posted

Cloudy warm and humid here with an easterly,expecting strong east winds this coming week.

Maybe some thunder in a few hours time.