Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat - Spring Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Persistent moderate rain yesterday evening with some sleet easing around midnight to leave the odd wintry shower in the early hours. A dusting of Snow has managed to settle above 400m. Nice to see reports of snow :)

Temp 0.8c

Dew -0.7c

Wind Chill -2c

Wind N/N/W

Rain today 1.8mm

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

DSC_0019.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
Just now, markw2680 said:

DSC_0019.JPG

I was not expecting this when I woke up

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Some sleet here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The area of precipitation split into two parts overnight with one part moving south to on the western  of the Peak District and the other part moving south on the eastern side. There was enough snow here  to give a temporary cover of 1cm early this morning but almost all of this has now thawed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Yes, an hour or so of snow this morning, but nothing settled.

Still, pretty to watch falling.....

Posted

It had virtually gone by 9am in the sun, but at least I saw it. Love my Mrs, waking me up at 5am "Its *****g snowing!! I'd have been gutted to sleep through it after the non-winter we had.

• Like 1

Posted

2 inches of dryish snow earlier,the latest heaviest april snowfall since 1998.

What an interesting spring and more interest to come either from the warm humid SE to then the cold N/NE after.

• Like 1

Posted

Moderate snow here just now with the sky very dark to my N/W.

Posted

Snow showers on and off this afternoon.... Some hail at times..... Hills were white first thing.... Was warm in sunshine earlier in mossley....  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Just had a very heavy hail shower just nort of Derby!.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Posted

There was a tiny bit of lying snow here when I got up at about 8:00 this morning. Just a bit on car windscreens and a few spots on our lawn. Didn't see it fall though or know whether there was a more even covering before I got up. Still I was very surprised it happened and didn't expect to see any snow at all know until Autumn at least. It's not often we see snow this late after Winter, in fact I think this is the latest snow I've seen since 2008, which was also in April (though that was much more substantial), but I think that was earlier in the month than this? 

Edited by Walsall Wood Snow

Posted

The top of Big Moor, 360m and about 14 miles north of here, is still white with snow this morning which is quite remarkable considering I'm looking at the southern side and yesterday's max' was around 7c with almost 6 hours of sunshine.

I'd have thought 5-7cm of lying snow would have been necessary yesterday to have survived for so long at this time of year; here there was only 1cm. Has anyone been up to the Owler Bar area in the last 24 hours?

• Like 1

Posted

Today would be ok if it wasn't so bleeding cold, 10.1c max with sunny spells is just poor! weekend curse reigns on...another arctic blast arriving surprise surprise Saturday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
15 hours ago, conor123 said:

Today would be ok if it wasn't so bleeding cold, 10.1c max with sunny spells is just poor! weekend curse reigns on...another arctic blast arriving surprise surprise Saturday.

northerlies do have a tendancy to arrive at weekends, as it's April, this won't go tits up, where as in Dec to Feb, models would under estimate the Atlantic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
On 17/04/2016 at 9:59 AM, Terminal Moraine said:

The top of Big Moor, 360m and about 14 miles north of here, is still white with snow this morning which is quite remarkable considering I'm looking at the southern side and yesterday's max' was around 7c with almost 6 hours of sunshine.

I'd have thought 5-7cm of lying snow would have been necessary yesterday to have survived for so long at this time of year; here there was only 1cm. Has anyone been up to the Owler Bar area in the last 24 hours?

Not been well so haven't had the opportunity i usually drive up there and out to fox house and ringinglow.

Posted
5 hours ago, Derbyshire_snow said:

Not been well so haven't had the opportunity i usually drive up there and out to fox house and ringinglow.

Thanks anyway for the reply, D.S and I hope you're recovering. There's the possibility of a bit more snow at the weekend by the look of the latest GFS charts.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lovely warm sunny day here now. Tomorrow looks gorgeous too then rapidly downhill. :(

Posted

Lovely day here to with clear blue sky's and little wind, Temp 12c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
On 18/04/2016 at 7:23 PM, Terminal Moraine said:

Thanks anyway for the reply, D.S and I hope you're recovering. There's the possibility of a bit more snow at the weekend by the look of the latest GFS charts.

No problem at all TM if there is any chance of snow I will head up into the hills providing I feel well enough, will keep an eye on things anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Absolutely gorgeous afternoon and evening. Could even smell a couple of bbq's on my travels this evening. More like late spring/early summers evening if you ask me as it remained fairly mild. Tomorrow looks outstanding too but sadly that's where the good weather stops. Enjoy tomorrow! :)

Posted

Such a shame May Bank Hol weekend looks a write off now to, can guarantee the GFS will be right with high pressure/warmth arriving on the Tuesday!

Posted

Outstanding out there. Have the day off today too so I am planning a little sun bathing from lunch time onwards. :D

Posted

Yes lovely Spring day out under very clear sky's and light winds.