Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat - Spring Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Afternoon all. Sure I just heard a distant rumble of thunder.

Posted

Everything is missing here, as per usual.

Even people at work notice how precipitation always seems to break up and go around this area, must be to do with the Birmingham heat island effect or something

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

too far north here, thundery/cumulonimbus to my south, not moving here though, someone in west midlands really drenched!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
On 3 April 2016 at 8:52 PM, WillinGlossop said:

Current netweather forecast has 21cm snow here wed/thursday..... Hehe.... Ok....

You've still got your snow forecast I see..... Could it be one last hurrah for the Peak District?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Too far south for the thunder here. However it did pour down with rain and hail for a time. Very heavy stuff. Before hat it was another very pleasant day really. Tomorro (Tuesday) looks excellent too then downhill. Why oh why does the Greenland high suddenly become so easy to occur from now on?!? Hopefully it's Just a phase with the PV weakening. Won't last too long hopefully with this troughing stuck over us. I hope and pray anyway. Lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

The weather is so frustrating!!!  It's actually not all that pleasant out there right now..  Generally cloudy, windy, cool and quite frankly when we do see 4 seconds of sun it's not what you'd call 'pleasant'.. 

Posted
17 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

too far north here, thundery/cumulonimbus to my south, not moving here though, someone in west midlands really drenched!

I was working at home in Aldridge yesterday and was 'perfectly' placed under the storms and downpours that affected parts of the West Midlands. There was thunder within a couple of km in the mid afternoon but the main feature was the constant deluge for something like four hours which, even by recent standards, was notable for the impact it had on flooding of roads, fields and watercourses in what seemed like a very localised area ( for various reasons I had to drive around Pelsall, Lichfield and Walsall in the evening where there was less flooding apparent). Fortunately there were no reports of impact on properties, and other than some still flooded fields and streams in full spate everything just seems its normal soggy self this morning.

Posted
18 hours ago, fizz511 said:

You've still got your snow forecast I see..... Could it be one last hurrah for the Peak District?!

According to https://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.25.03334

3-7cm snow tomorrow night accord to gfs 12z..... Ps met peak district forecast just updated going for hail sleet and snow

image.png

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Sharp showers rattling through here, Feeling raw in the wind with temp currently 4.8c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A day of sunny intervals and short showers of rain and hail. Current temp' is 5.9c.

Posted

Just had one hell of a Hail shower, All the ground went white and another looks to be on its way with very dark skys to my West.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A shower of heavy wet snow around 8.15 p.m with the temperature down to 1.1c for a time. It's now back up to 2.3c but more showers approaching from the west/north west.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

A line of showers crossing the region with typical April skies. 

DSC_0237.JPG

I think there will more of this to come in the next few days.

DSC_0236.JPG

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy showers have now started here and feeling raw.

Posted

Eh was hoping for a sunny Sunday finally but to much mid level muck and a chill to consider facing the garden today haha!

A definite writeoff this month now for even squeezing in one nice day looking at the charts, see you in May.

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
2 hours ago, conor123 said:

Eh was hoping for a sunny Sunday finally but to much mid level muck and a chill to consider facing the garden today haha!

A definite writeoff this month now for even squeezing in one nice day looking at the charts, see you in May.

A bit better here Conor..

Stratus building tho' and the wind is rising from the south east. The sun is still feeling warm and temp of 10C after frost overnight (min -1.8C)..

At this rate I may have to mow the lawns this aftermoon!!!!! Urgh

MIA

Posted

Not a bad day here at all, Dry with long sunny spells and a cool breeze. Temp 10c. Off for a stroll with the mutt..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
10 hours ago, conor123 said:

Plenty of nice days in recent weeks. But maybe some bad luck further north your way and timing with the weekends. However it was a lovely sunny day till mid afternoon here albeit quite breezy but the sunshine was near enough constant till then so still pleasant. :)

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

Nice pleasant and partly sunny/sunny morning for us in the south west quarter of the country. Cloudier further east and north so we are enjoying it well again. Risk of a thundery shower later. 

Posted

Yes lovely day here cloudy but feeling warm, Out treating the Shed..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Hi guys, still popping in from time to time but now't is interesting me at the moment....:closedeyes:

Spring is boring me, OK! today wasn't to bad, but crappy, cool, cloudy, rubbish for most......Come on!!! bring me 20c and sunny skies.....FOR NOW:D

By the way GFS FOR 14:00 SAT 96-574UK_ccv3.GIF  belly-laugh.gif      LOST FOR WORDS FOLKS...!!!

Posted

Yeah me too, frequent visitor still but nothing is interesting me at all lately, bring on the summer and hopefully some storms, the past few years has definitely shifted my preference from snow to storms.

Posted

Be nice if could have some spring lightning bar the ppn bearing ENE

hiradarzoomv42.pl.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

There's been the odd flash in these parts, but I wasn't concentrating so can't give more details.