Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Katie

Paul

Posted

My chum on Portland is playing this down, saying it's a bit breezy there. They're made of stronger stuff on Portland Bill it seems. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Windy, rumbly, flashy or snowy.
4 minutes ago, Singularity said:

arpegeuk-11-11-0.png?28-00 arpegeuk-11-13-0.png?28-00 arpegeuk-11-17-0.png?28-00

18z ARPEGE is a tad stronger than the 12z especially for the Bristol area. A tiny patch of 140 kph there I think which is 87 mph.

The whole of that area under the purple colours has gusts to 68 mph and above. Such strong gusts make it as far as Reading for around 8 am.

As Katie exits the UK, the southern reaches of the North Sea become a nightmare.

87?? I am just at the top of that patch of purple... already there is a tree down the other side of town and it isn't THAT windy. I hope that doesn't come to pass.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm
7 minutes ago, elfinpunk said:

87?? I am just at the top of that patch of purple... already there is a tree down the other side of town and it isn't THAT windy. I hope that doesn't come to pass.

Thank goodness it's not bin-day... might have a walk down to the seafront in the morning. :) 

Edited by Dale Hay
I can't seem to type properly. ¬_¬

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The latest MetO forecast has knocked 10mph off of the gusts for here, over the next few hours. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

Some squally showers showing up on radar now to the SW of the UK and closing fast. That complicates things further by adding the threat of severe convective wind gusts.

Lights flickering here, which is a rarity these days.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Dale Hay said:

Thank goodness it's not bin-day... might have a morning walk down to the seafront in the morning. :) 

I am 30 seconds from the seafront I am just hoping the seafront isn't blown any closer to me.! X

Edited by elfinpunk
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm
3 minutes ago, elfinpunk said:

I am 30 seconds from the seafront I am just hoping the seafront isn't blown any closer to me.! X

Hopefully not. :) Just looked, high tide is 09:49 (11.18m) ... deffo worth a ganders down. :) 

Posted

974hPa at Camborne!

I've just managed 46mph. Freeview aerials sound like they're about to go for a ride and the roof is making allsorts of noises. The lights are still flickering, but no power outage thankfully.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair Weather, Snow, Thunderstorms

Certainly taking a battering here in Dorset, its just woke me up which takes some doing !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: all weather

Had a gust of 74 mph at Poole yaught club and it seems the worst is yet to come bet the needles will see a gust over 90 if not more

image.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Willsy said:

Had a gust of 74 mph at Poole yaught club and it seems the worst is yet to come bet the needles will see a gust over 90 if not more

image.jpg

Nuts isn't it?

In all honesty, I didn't expect it to be as rough as this here. If there's not damage & trees down around the area, i'll eat Mapantz.

67mph at Hurn - That's impressive.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted

Thomas shacanafer has just said there is a small chance there could be a sting jet with this storm as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 minutes ago, Tom Jarvis said:

Thomas shacanafer has just said there is a small chance there could be a sting jet with this storm as well.

That would be my worst nightmare, I remember what the last one sounded like.

Posted

Already been a tree down here near the cemetery, friend has just messaged me saying the Police are in attendance. I didn't think it was that windy but I guess the side of the hill must be in the direct firing line. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: all weather
7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Nuts isn't it?

In all honesty, I didn't expect it to be as rough as this here. If there's not damage & trees down around the area, i'll eat Mapantz.

67mph at Hurn - That's impressive.

it sure is, i didnt either. dont no how im gonna sleep with this whistling window lol might take a trip down sandbanks to see how rough it is. that is definitely a impressive gust for not being directly on the coast 

Posted

Staeting to kick up here. Very heavy rain and strong winds. Not meant to get going until 3am here eather.

i have a newborn with a cold needing comstant rocking in my arms, at least the window is giving a good show!

Posted
3 minutes ago, Evening thunder said:

Wind's eased a little but the rain recently was intense! torrential rain lashing the house with a max rain rate 118.8mm/hr according to the Davis VP2!

Gotta love the Davis for showing true rain rates!  drinks.gif 

• Like 2

Posted

1AM gusts: Needles (IOW) 77mph, Bournemouth 67mph, Thorney Island 64mph, Southampton 51mph, Kew Gardens 43mph #StormKatie

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Gotta love the Davis for showing true rain rates!  drinks.gif 

Absolutely! 

It's strange how all the intense bursts and showers before and from Katie seem to have hit here.. normally it's the other way round lol.

Now had 44.8mm Sunday and today so far, and there's a bit more to come. Though that could be a slight over or under-read given all the wind and pole vibration.. will see what the manual gauge says in the morning.

Edited by Evening thunder
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Evening thunder said:

Absolutely! 

It's strange how all the intense bursts and showers before and from Katie seem to have hit here.. normally it's the other way round lol.

Now had 44.8mm Sunday and today so far, and there's a bit more to come. Though that could be a slight over or under-read given all the wind and pole vibration.. will see what the manual gauge says in the morning.

The winds have dropped off here as well, just awaiting that showery rain to make inroads- could do with a bit of a lashing before I jump in to the pit. :)

Posted

I was in my pit but got an automatic call from the EA (3 times lol) to say the river is on flood warning, the first time since 2012. One of the streams feeding it nearly reached the highest recorded

http://www.gaugemap.co.uk/#!Map/Summary/297/311/2016-03-27/2016-03-28

Posted

Well... I set my alarm and now I'm up. Something has rattled down the street... There's that low constant roar outside now. I haven't heard that sound for a long time.