Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

April 2016 C.E.T. forecasts

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns

14C  :(  Last sub 5C April in 1837.  Last sub 6C April in 1986.  Last sub 7C April in 1989.  Last sub 7.5C April in 2012.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

8.3c for me please. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns

It will be remarkable if April is the coldest month of 2016.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

I'm going to go for it bucking the above trend, just...8.1C please.

Posted
22 hours ago, J10 said:

I have now moved the stats thread to this folder

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/75427-cet-competition-the-scores-ongoing/?page=6

So all of this years competition in is this folder.

Hello j, looking through that folder I cant seem to find last years results, the overall 1,2,3, annual comp. The previous 2 years are there though?:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

I'll have an 8.9c please

Posted
4 hours ago, Weather-history said:

The Aprils that followed the 5 strongest El Niños since WWII were all sub 8C

Just been looking at the analogues on NOAA. Strong indication there of a month in the high sevens/low eights. There are still a few high figures that probably reflect the possibility of the troughing being in a position more aligned to winds from a warmer southerly sector.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Warm?? Cold??  I Can't see anything at the moment in the charts to give me a decent indication of where things are going...8.5c please:cc_confused:

Edited by DR(S)NO
Cannae make my mind up!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
8 hours ago, Lettucing Gutted said:

It will be remarkable if April is the coldest month of 2016.

-0.8c was Dec 2016 :)

For April 2016 I'll go for 8.3c if memory serves me wright

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Below is the April CET from 1659-2015 in blue, the 30 year average in red and the linear trend in black.

8ibN1gF.png

The CET this month is likely to finish somewhere between 5.3C and 6.0C. The average April following March in that range is 7.9C

The linear trend for the whole April record is +0.24C per century. Following this trend gives an April CET of 8.4C.
The linear trend for April since 1850 is +0.42C per century. Following this trend gives an April CET of 8.5C.
The linear trend for April since 1950 is +1.94C per century. Following this trend gives an April CET of 9.0C.
The linear trend for April over the last 50 years is +4.13C per century. Following this trend gives an April CET of 9.38C.
The linear trend for April over the last 30 years is +5.15C per century. Following this trend gives an April CET of 9.52C.

The current 30 year average is the mildest on record, at 8.72C, beating the previous record set last year, of 8.70C. However, the 1960s had a spell where the 30 year average was within 1C of this year, from 1961-1969, indicating a spell of very mild Aprils mid century.
If the CET this April is anything more than 5.8C, we will set a new record for the 30 year average. Anything greater than 6.6C will put the 30 year average on 8.8C for the first time, while anything greater than 9.5C this month will put the 30 year average on 8.9C for the first time.

Edited by BornFromTheVoid

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

8.5C.

Posted

8.1 for me. I note that the majority of GEFS runs today have northern blocking in D10-D15 range, leading to a Northerly or Easterly component. Even at this time of the year, this would be sure to push the CET down a little. A slow-starting spring this year I think, might be some time before the t-shirts come out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

8.2C for now, thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.

8.4 for me please

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

7.6c for me please.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

I'll go for 7.4C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, fog in winter. Warm & dry and thunderstorms in summer

I think we'll be looking at a very similar CET to last year, so ill go for 8.9C please