Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - Monday 09th August 2004

Posted

same as s70rmp, torrential rain earlier, some of the heaviest I have seen in a while!

Posted

This 15:15 this afternoon had a heavy rain band pass overhead with some imbedded thunder :D

Posted

Torrential persistant rain been falling for past hour or so, the time now is 18:30. Thunder occassionally, but mainly flooding is the biggest problem so far this evening.

Posted

Had thunderstorm this morning between 09:30 and 10:15 with 8mm of rain falling.

Posted

The thunder seems to be getting more persistant now, with the rain maybe slightly easing but staying persitant none the less.

We currently have around two inches of lying water, but these thunderstorms with torrential rain are expected to last a big part of tonight, so we may be needing the use of sandbags later..

Posted

hi

after torrential rain this afternoon with no ts, just got some lightning and rumbles along with moderate rain, also quite dark.

jh

Posted
The thunder seems to be getting more persistant now, with the rain maybe slightly easing but staying persitant none the less.

We currently have around two inches of lying water, but these thunderstorms with torrential rain are expected to last a big part of tonight, so we may be needing the use of sandbags later..

Whereabouts are you mate??

Posted
  • Location: South East Sheffield,South Yorkshire,located at approximately 53° 21' 20" N, 1° 13' W, 110 (+20
  • Location: South East Sheffield,South Yorkshire,located at approximately 53° 21' 20" N, 1° 13' W, 110 (+20

Started to thunder here few rumbles no lightning yet

Posted

Whereabouts are you mate??

The east midlands, in a small town called newark.. :D

Posted

Had the most amazing cloudburst in Central London at 4pm today with 20 minutes of extra extra torrential rain, only a few flashes of lightning though with no thunder.

Paul Sherman

Posted

Thunder, lightning and amazingly heavy rain all through the small hours.(If the heat didnt wake me up, it was the thunder, if the thunder didnt it was the rain slamming against the window :D )

No thunder through the day, but heavy rain all morning with heavy showers in the afternoon and this evening, feels fresher now. The river in my town is close to bursting its banks, it notorously flooded in November 2000

edit:

has anyone got radar or sferic screenshots from sunday11pm to monday 7am covering North Wales ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Thunder, lightning, heavy raina dn a stiff breeze at aroun ten'o'clock this morning- continuous rain since thne really with occasional, sporadic rumbles of thunder and a few flashes of lightning :D

Posted

Much calmer in the east mids now, thunderstorms have eased and are now only isolated, rain still falling moderately and persistantly, but nothing like the downpours we had around 1-2 hours ago.

Posted

Looks like it's just starting to kick off here (first bit of rain and thunderstorm in weeks).

Heavy rain and lightning started at about 21.10 long may it continue :D:D:D

Posted

Thunderstorm now moving in from the S/SE.

Lots of lightning, and within 12 miles according to my strike alert. Heavy rain now starting. A white echo on the latest radar too!

Posted

Torrential rain now and frequent big lightning, within 5 miles now. Very loud thunder too.

Posted

I've been out and about today to see the flood damage. Some roads are now higher than the pavements because water in the drainage system underneath has pushed the roads up :D The school playground is under a few feet of water and safeway and a few otehr shops have been flooded.

Posted
I've been out and about today to see the flood damage. Some roads are now higher than the pavements because water in the drainage system underneath has pushed the roads up :D  The school playground is under a few feet of water and safeway and a few otehr shops have been flooded.

yeah I was reading the newspaper and I saw kilmarnock got hit pretty bad, and its starting to rain agaion :wink:

Posted

23:15 Long Stratton South Norfolk the radar showed us some awsome reds and whites just as it went over it was really fierce and saved what was a disapointing day for me.

The lightning bright blue very loud at a frequency of 1/10secs at it peak it has now turned to mush as its headed off towards the WASH.

Posted
the me is heard one loud rumbly of thunders at around 4-4 30ams thees mornings! the me not sure if it is was rainings though cos the me's fan was on full speed but me is defintelys heards one loud rubmlies! very muggy and stuffys night indeeds!

Woohooo! Mr crazeeees snowfan is backs innits!!!!

welcomes back crazy snowfan man, how has the you been keepings???

Posted

The storm that Paul B was reporting about was a fairly minor feature when it struck here in Burnham at around 6.45 am (Monday 9th) though accompanied by sheet lightning and quite brisk winds - deposited around 7mm of rain in around 45 minutes. I followed this storm up the A12 as I headed to work at Colchester and it was developing all the time to my east. As i got to work there was some serious C to G coming of this storm and certainly looked threatening as it headed north into Suffolk as reported earlier!