Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
weirpig

England Football Team

Below is the list of players for the friendly against Germany   prob will be the squad for the euros aswell with a couple ie rooney etc being included

Squad: Butland, Forster, Hart, Bertrand, Cahill, Clyne, Jagielka, Rose, Smalling, Stones, Walker, Alli, Barkley, Dier, Drinkwater, Henderson, Lallana, Milner, Sterling, Kane, Sturridge, Vardy, Welbeck, Walcott.

I dont think that is a bad team  glad drinkwaters got his call.  Maybe Albrighton can feel a bit unlucky?

Edited by Nick L
5t

Not even a sniff for Noble who along with Drinkwater has been one of the best English midfielders all season long..not sure why the Liverpool midfield trio get shout ? or Cahill who cant get in the Chelsea team and when he has played has been poor this season.

What on earth are England wearing?

Funny game this one. Germany looking to stroll to a big win then suddenly England wake up and recover from two nil down.

4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Rooney and Sterling not missed one bit

Yes so they'll need to up their games. Rooney will need to work on fitness as well considering injury.

Germany 2 Spurs&Leicester 3

Rooney - you're on the bench for the Euros.......if you're lucky!

• Like 2

really good performance by England  Ali the standout for me   but 3-2 in Berlin really good result

Germany use friendlies as they are meant to be used, trying things out and fringe players etc, they have never busted a gut to win them. I noted at least 6 first choice Germans didn't play tonight or had bit parts.

I like vardu, kane and Ali up front, but our midfield is no where near world class, and at the back, Messi, and co would have ripped us a new one.

We simply do have enough quality to win anything.

7 hours ago, HighPressure said:

Germany use friendlies as they are meant to be used, trying things out and fringe players etc, they have never busted a gut to win them. I noted at least 6 first choice Germans didn't play tonight or had bit parts.

I like vardu, kane and Ali up front, but our midfield is no where near world class, and at the back, Messi, and co would have ripped us a new one.

We simply do have enough quality to win anything.

agree sort off  but that was germanys first team  there were no fringe players playing   also although it was a friendly  the crowd didnt think it was as you could hear from the booing at fulltime.   always surprises me  if we win a high profile friendly  it was only a friendly and we are not good enough. if we lose we are nt good enough,  I think this is a good England side  will we win the euros   prob not   but i expect at leat the quarters

I thought the pundits over rated the performance as at one time I nearly switched it off as it looked four or five nil to Germany. Then we got better and got the win. Defensively a bit ropy which is a worry.

I wouldn't get the hopes up for the Euros we've had decent looking teams before who then simply didn't turn up when it mattered.

I hope Rooney fails to regain match fitness for the tournament, needs to be nowhere near the starting XI.

31 minutes ago, Nick L said:

I hope Rooney fails to regain match fitness for the tournament, needs to be nowhere near the starting XI.

Really!? I think we need that experience in there for sure, I would not mind if he was more of an impact sub but how much will his injuries affect his form and fitness is a big question mark.

I do however think you got to give these youngsters a chance though, lack of experience at international level should be irrelevant as long you got the experience at club level. Defensively we still look shaky but I don't see why England can't compete well in the Euro's... the WC has been exaggerated as a disaster but those first 2 games could of went either way really and there is potential in this England sign and there don't seem to be many big ego's in the squad either. 

As for last night's friendly, whilst it was only friendly, you got to give England credit for turning a match completely around in 30 mins but you can't get too carried away with the result as it means very little in the grand scheme of things. 

54 minutes ago, Nick L said:

I agree nick   dont see were he would play  surely not as a striker  and cant see him bringing anything to midfield   but im sure if fit roy will take him   

27 minutes ago, Geordiesnow said:

Really!? I think we need that experience in there for sure, I would not mind if he was more of an impact sub but how much will his injuries affect his form and fitness is a big question mark.

I do however think you got to give these youngsters a chance though, lack of experience at international level should be irrelevant as long you got the experience at club level. Defensively we still look shaky but I don't see why England can't compete well in the Euro's... the WC has been exaggerated as a disaster but those first 2 games could of went either way really and there is potential in this England sign and there don't seem to be many big ego's in the squad either. 

As for last night's friendly, whilst it was only friendly, you got to give England credit for turning a match completely around in 30 mins but you can't get too carried away with the result as it means very little in the grand scheme of things. 

He's been a millstone around the neck of the England team at major tournaments since Euro 2004. Certainly not good enough for the starting XI.

18 hours ago, Yarmy said:

What on earth are England wearing?

Indeed. For goodness sake, lets keep it Red & White only.

I enjoyed the match. Great turn around to win.

I thought we passed nicely and showed a lot of youthful energy and skill.

B.  :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nick L said:

He's been a millstone around the neck of the England team at major tournaments since Euro 2004. Certainly not good enough for the starting XI.

Disagree wholeheartedly, for reason I have mentioned after the last World Cup.

If he is fresh then he perhaps the injury is the best thing that could happen to him to into the champs.

From a Welsh perspective (remember Wales are playing England) , I hope he isn't fit to be honest.

18 minutes ago, Beverley Lass said:

Indeed. For goodness sake, lets keep it Red & White only.

I enjoyed the match. Great turn around to win.

I thought we passed nicely and showed a lot of youthful energy and skill.

B.  :)

I agree...What were the blue socks (stockings in BBC parlance) meant to indicate?:cc_confused:

7 hours ago, Nick L said:

He was injured in 2006 and 2010 so the question is should he have gone along. Not his fault he gets picked but the managers.

17 hours ago, J10 said:

Disagree wholeheartedly, for reason I have mentioned after the last World Cup.

If he is fresh then he perhaps the injury is the best thing that could happen to him to into the champs.

From a Welsh perspective (remember Wales are playing England) , I hope he isn't fit to be honest.

You'd rather face Kane/Vardy than Rooney...?

27 minutes ago, Nick L said:

You'd rather face Kane/Vardy than Rooney...?

The break for Rooney has probably come at the best time for time, so often he has gone into major champs injured or shattered, this time he will go in fresh which might be worrying.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35908204 - I think Roy is right in this regard.

Vardy is still untested at the top level and really has only one season of prominence at the top level. A few years back Andros Townsend was looked at as the next big thing.

I just the feeling that Rooney would score against us.

1 hour ago, J10 said:

The break for Rooney has probably come at the best time for time, so often he has gone into major champs injured or shattered, this time he will go in fresh which might be worrying.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35908204 - I think Roy is right in this regard.

Vardy is still untested at the top level and really has only one season of prominence at the top level. A few years back Andros Townsend was looked at as the next big thing.

I just the feeling that Rooney would score against us.

I would much rather we go with the potential future rather than the tried and failed past.

7 minutes ago, Nick L said:

I would much rather we go with the potential future rather than the tried and failed past.

How on earth can Rooney the record England goalscorer be called the failed past.

At the last World Cup he scored the goal that would have kept England in the world cup, before inept defending took them out again.

As I said before I disagree wholeheartedly with you on this. :)

Edited by J10
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J10 said:

How on earth can Rooney the record England goalscorer be called the failed past.

At the last World Cup he scored the goal that would have kept England in the world cup, before inept defending took them out again.

As I said before I disagree wholeheartedly with you on this. :)

Aside from a blistering Euro 2004, he's scored 3 in international tournaments. I'd take him to France but he shouldn't be in the starting XI.

As a West Brom fan, I would much rather face Rooney than Kane or Vardy.

Edited by Nick L

Milner to captain England tonight  sturridge also uptop     Possibly in a three man attack   hope Vardy gets a full game   i would have though maybe Wallcot would get the other attacking postion with perhaps a three man midfield of Milner Drinkwater and possibly Barkley.  Lets hope for another good performance