Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion - 20th Feb onwards

Paul

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

The 12z going for a proper Greenland high, low pressure heading into iberia , cold cold cold from there.

gfsnh-0-156.png?12

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Yes better trough disruption at the end of next week as we get better WAA into Greenland. Front crossing on Friday main chance of snow next week, is further south and more inclined to snow (normal caveats at this range):

Friday: gfs-2-138.thumb.png.e5c0675331ae07673ef4gfs-0-150.thumb.png.afdb2680b2abe13a7406

Over all dry and cold for the next 7-8 days with again the low tracking too far south  to get the northern edge snow (subject to change).

D7:gfs-2-162.thumb.png.20feb45cd5d73502d104

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, IDO said:

Yes better trough disruption at the end of next week as we get better WAA into Greenland. Front crossing on Friday main chance of snow next week, is further south and more inclined to snow (normal caveats at this range):

Friday: gfs-2-138.thumb.png.e5c0675331ae07673ef4gfs-0-150.thumb.png.afdb2680b2abe13a7406

Over all dry and cold for the next 7-8 days with again the low tracking too far south  to get the northern edge snow (subject to change).

D7:gfs-2-162.thumb.png.20feb45cd5d73502d104

Rtavn1384.gif

Dry ??? suggest you look at more charts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
2 minutes ago, seabreeze86 said:

The 12z going for a proper Greenland high, low pressure heading into iberia , cold cold cold from there.

gfsnh-0-156.png?12

Ties in with the coldest medium/long term update,from the MET,for a long time.:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything
1 minute ago, Banbury said:

Rtavn1384.gif

Dry ??? suggest you look at more charts

Better to read my post before you post as I said Friday the front crossing is our best chance of snow. But mainly dry apart from that.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Another cold run from the GFS this afternoon, With a plenty of snow risk by next Friday. It's been a long while since we've seen wintry charts like these :)

a.pngb.pngc.png

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 5

Posted
3 minutes ago, IDO said:

Better to read my post before you post as I said Friday the front crossing is our best chance of snow. But mainly dry apart from that.

So its not dry and cold for the 7-8 days is it

• Like 6

Posted

A cold Easterly for the weekend with heavy snow showers for parts shown by the GFS and much stronger heights over Greenland. Here comes Winter!

a.pngb.pngc.png

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

W.T.F :shok:

gfsnh-0-192.thumb.png.9e24295f16086c46degfsnh-1-192.thumb.png.36d1223997b512a01e

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
6 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

W.T.F :shok:

gfsnh-0-192.thumb.png.9e24295f16086c46degfsnh-1-192.thumb.png.36d1223997b512a01e

As Singularity, I think it was,alluded to a few days ago,the once in a blue moon March 2013 could be replicated.

But not as a final hoorah this time.:D

Edited by winterof79

Posted

Lovely chart, With a cold N/Ely into wk2 with plenty of snow showers continuing to push in-land off the North Sea.

a.pnga.png

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
8 minutes ago, winterof79 said:

As Singularity, I think it was,alluded to a few days ago,the once in a blue moon March 2013 could be replicated.

But not as a final hoorah this time.:D

I did mention this yesterday about the 12z ECM

oops!!,sorry,i said 2010,but never the less still great synoptics matching those two years.:)

Edited by Allseasons-si

Posted
1 minute ago, Lukesluckybunch said:

Wow this really is getting exciting from the models,does this likely cold spell look potent ,what do people think.?

Way to early to call yet Luke, It's only just evolving! But it's certainly a possibility.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Lukesluckybunch said:

Wow this really is getting exciting from the models,does this likely cold spell look potent ,what do people think.?

i think the question should be- 'does this potent cold spell look likely?'

possibly....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

yes most certainly wtf compared to most of this winter.

by god are we on the verge of some true winter just in time ive been watching the models with lots of interest over the last few days also been watching the strat warming and its effect with deep interest but also the dip in solar activity.

anyway we have low into Iberia we have a real northern block and we have vortex segment over this side of the pond cold sst and every model is singing from the same hyme sheet and have been for fair few runs now.

surely it cant go tits up can it ?????

I don't think so this time the heights are the most robust and strongly signalled all winter..

id of been showing the garden path pic again if it was not for the factors in place mjo into phase 8 minor strat warming weakening el nino southerly tracking jet and a true atlantic Greenland heights what could possibly go wrong

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Polar Maritime said:

Way to early to call yet Luke, It's only just evolving!

Yer that's true..and people getting excited about lots of snow,that's not until friday possibly Thursday.please remain cautious we have been here before :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Great looking gfs 12z. But we have been here many times before. Think I will wait till at least Tuesday evening runs to see if these are still showing. Remember if it can go wrong for the uk it probably will. Wasn't we all suppose to see snow Thursday Friday last week from the models and look how that turned out. Will remain sceptical for the time been of the output but let's hope this time they are correct. 

• Like 5