Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

March 2016 C.E.T. forecasts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

7.8C for me....a cold start to the month being more than balanced out by  fine springlike weather towards the end with a very nice early Easter bank holiday weekend

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Could I have a 6.3C please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I  gave this a mention in the model thread but thought I'd give it another little one here.

February looks like coming in around 4.7 to 5C.  So that would mean that January was colder than December and February was in turn colder than  January. Now while it's fairly rare, it's not that unusual for March to end up the coldest of the four months, and it certainly looks like it will be off to a chilly start this year.

But if it does come in as the coldest of the four months this time, it will have only been the third time in history, after 1925 and 2013, that the months from December to March have got progressively colder 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Trying to get in before all the "good" values are taken...torn between 6.0 & 5.4, gonna plump for 5.4C on the hope that March does come in slightly colder than Feb. Not expecting it to be snowy but going for anti-cyclonic conditions dragging the night time lows down a bit.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper Seasons,lots of frost and snow October to April, hot summers!

Nice to see that the long -range monthly outlook from the BBC is coming into line with my prediction for March (predicting cold conditions from a northerly quarter much of the time) ; not convinced about there being easterlies though! The month will often be quite stormy (more so further north) though there will be short mild spells from the west or south-west too. So while I think that March will be colder than usual I do not think it will be exceptionally so: So can I plump for a CET  of 5.5C please? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

I'll take 6.1 c please

Posted

Going for a below average month, nothing exceptional, lets say 5.4 degrees. A lot of polar maritime air, with winds predominantly west-north quarter, perhaps some short arctic or NE incursions at time balanced against very brief milder westerly/sw airstreams. Trough will anchor NW-SE across the country, strong mid atlantic heights building into Greenland, and we might see a more extensive build of heights to the north bringing in a cold NE feed before mid month.

There is a chance it could be a fair bit lower than I've predicted if northern heights build more robustly.

Chilly easter very likely.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow
On 24 February 2016 at 3:31 PM, DR(S)NO said:

I'll take 6.1 c please

On second thoughts let's call it 5.5 c please :cold:

Edited by DR(S)NO
Can't make my bloomin mind up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

I'll go with 6.4C for now, thanks

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

5.2c for me,thanks.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

I've no dout spring will be colder now this jaffa cakes take of winters coming to an end also going by the met update it will be a colder start to spring what a surprise!!!. Though spring will start cold and below average snowfall will be for the usial places. First month of spring 2016 I'm going for 5.5c. thanks.

Edited by syed2878

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

9.7C, a CET to equal December's.

• Like 1