Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Rain in Northants.:wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, pegg24 said:

Rain in Northants.:wallbash:

:rofl:

It is quite funny not to fear much of the region is under a yellow snow warning for Friday & Saturday mostly affecting those with elevation with minimal amounts 1-2cm something which London and Southeast does not really have. 

What does it take blood.. :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

This winter has been very frustrating had heavy snow for about 2 mins earlier then rain after. :nonono:

Some people have not even had that and just rain.

I love the snow but feel like giving in now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Just back from picking partner up at Luton airport (10 minutes up the road)

Absolutely pouring down. Not a cat in hells chance of anything wintry Friday if Luton (high elevation) can't even manage snow from this heavy band tonight. 

Wheres spring? I need you so much, can't take anymore of this pathetic winter and cold rain 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Just rain here at the moment, we might get lucky later on as the 850s fall along with the surface temperatures.

Posted
22 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Just back from picking partner up at Luton airport (10 minutes up the road)

Absolutely pouring down. Not a cat in hells chance of anything wintry Friday if Luton (high elevation) can't even manage snow from this heavy band tonight. 

Wheres spring? I need you so much, can't take anymore of this pathetic winter and cold rain 

Friday looks significantly better marginal snow falling yes, accumulations not seeing the depth of cold avaliable - but a different ball game to today with a continental feed and not mixed out 850s.

image.thumb.png.46b035f67390b4f57cafd213image.thumb.gif.f86a38cab57630756b793d08

Edited by Daniel*
Silly iPad
  • Like 1

Posted

No sign of anything red or pink on the radar at the moment.  Interesting to see how the London heat mass effect turns even the sleety rain straight back to rain as it approaches London. Temperature here has dropped away to around 3.9C now, after plummeting at points in the heavy showers and then rising as warmer sectors of air passed over. Must think that the snow warning will be removed for the SE corner unless something dramatic changes. All I can see is the possibility of some transitory snow Friday 3.00 - 9.00 AM , I suppose it will be a pain as it will occur during the rush hour which could explain the weather warning. and then almost the same again from 15.00 to 18.00 which would also not be pleasant. 

Weekend doesn't promise much , except and this is a big if Monday morning 0.00 - 9.00 AM , maybe a south coast affair, if it gets cold enough.

Keep on watching and hoping.

Posted
18 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Friday looks significantly better marginal snow falling yes, accumulations not seeing the depth of cold avaliable - but a different ball game to today with a continental feed and not mixed out 850s.

image.thumb.png.46b035f67390b4f57cafd213image.thumb.gif.f86a38cab57630756b793d08

The old cliche I'll believe it when I see it, yet another marginal event that I'm sure will just produce rain AGAIN 

The predicted warning 2-5cm of snow from Meto for that rain to turn to snow 2.5weeks ago didn't even manage to fall as sleet on the chilterns. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Yep roll on spring.
ANy thing that fell out of the sky today even now is all rain.
Still not seen a snowflake yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

That band really thinned but intensified as it past through the southeast. Did anybody get anything wintry as it passed through ?.

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
2 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

That band really thinned but intensified as it past through the southeast. Did anybody get anything wintry as it passed through ?.

Yes, it was sleety when the band passed through about 8pm here - also had a 2 minute wintry shower when I was at Waterloo station at 3pm this afternoon. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Don't know what fell here they still haven't fixed my street light, Seemed heavy for a bit wasn't pure snow for sure, don't know if it was sleety or not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
23 minutes ago, EWS said:

Yes, it was sleety when the band passed through about 8pm here - also had a 2 minute wintry shower when I was at Waterloo station at 3pm this afternoon. 

Yeah by parents said some wet snow fell in chessington just after 3. Was stuck in work so missed it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Must have been a warm front temp has gone up a little since it left, are we in the warm sector of that low in the north sea at the min. 

Edit: Temp still going up slowly since the shower stopped, about 0.1 every 15 mins.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Evening/Morning all.

What a manic week with work hence my lack of posts :( Wednesday's weather certainly gave us a bit of everything, getting windyvagain outside as I type (12:15am)

Interesting me to released a warning this far out IMO, especially including the SE, did they for us during the last non-event?...I honestly cannot remember as this winter been so zzzzzzz

Hopefully if we get past this weekend with or without snow we can move on and look for decent warmth & sunshine. 

Not had a chance to look at any charts so thanks to you all above.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
15 hours ago, Lampostwatcher said:

Posted

;) 

Posted

Well surprise surprise - yep you guessed it. Latest BBC TV forecast now have us at 9c tomorrow with sunny skies after a wet morning!

Sleet/snow reserved for hills in the north. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
40 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Well surprise surprise - yep you guessed it. Latest BBC TV forecast now have us at 9c tomorrow with sunny skies after a wet morning!

Sleet/snow reserved for hills in the north. 

They keep saying that it will be cold.:cc_confused: Have they actually been out in the SE, it's not cold, it was 7c last night and 10c expected today:cc_confused: There were sudden gales last night which made a right racket, lasted for a couple of hours too.

Posted
58 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

They keep saying that it will be cold.:cc_confused: Have they actually been out in the SE, it's not cold, it was 7c last night and 10c expected today:cc_confused: There were sudden gales last night which made a right racket, lasted for a couple of hours too.

I agree, I've not long been back from Montreal. That's what you call cold. Folk from there would class this weather as a heatwave. Quite laughable really, it doesn't help that some TV forecasters are very OTT. Bit like some on the forum actually... Lol

Take Laura Tobin for instance on GoodMorningBritain - she can make drizzle and temps of 8c sound like an ice age, quite comical really! 

• Like 2

Posted
59 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Yesterday was certainly the most wintry day so far here it's been that bad haha! 

Love how this "cold" spell fell through its own ass and the model thread went quiet.. 

It really is time to get some warmth in now!! 

Can't wait to sit outside in the garden and take in that early spring warmth! Hope we get a great summer :) 

Posted

OMG!! I'm surprised nobody mentioned it from the kent folks!

At about 2am, there was a bright flash in my room, then BAAAAAAAAAAANG, a thunderstorm was close by. Within about 10mins, lots and lots of hail, turning the car a lovely white. Woke up this morning all gone :(