Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Time to throw this 'winter' in the skip containing the past two and looking towards the next one, which will be one to remember:cold: Four mild winters in a row, never going to happen.:drunk-emoji: (Hopefully):ninja: 2.5c here and snowing:blink2:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Time to throw this 'winter' in the skip containing the past two and looking towards the next one, which will be one to remember:cold: Four mild winters in a row, never going to happen.:drunk-emoji: (Hopefully):ninja: 2.5c here and snowing:blink2:

Snow again lassie ?? You had some last night. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Colder that I was expecting tonight. Already down to -2.6C, good frost on everything already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not a bad day today after the rain cleared. Sunny spells and a moderate breeze which felt cold on the north norfolk coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Morning all of you lovely people! Beautiful morning, thick frost on grass, plants and even the road this morning, -3 degrees, beautiful crystal blue sky....if we cant have snow, this has to be second best doesn't it! Enjoy and have a lovely day all! :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Sharp frost overnight with temperature down to -3.4C. Lovely sunny start. I'm hopeful of enjoying the sun for some hours yet before the cloud and rain turns up later today.

So a mild weekend coming up, then the cold(er) PM air returns on Mon/Tue on a stiff NW'ly. IMO nothing of interest for our Region - too much W'ly orientation in the wind direction, so any wintry showers likely to be out in the N. Sea. Interesting that this morning the Look East 5-day forecast was showing 9C on both Mon & Tue for EA, even though the 850 hPa temps are down to -6C on Tues and the GFS 2m says +4C. Another iffy Look East forecast? :D

850 temp 13.00 Tues 23rd 56c6ccc7d8673_GFSTue23Feb13.00.thumb.png  2m temp 56c6cdedc1b5e_GFSTempTue23Feb13.00.thumb

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sunny and frosty start in Gt Yarmouth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely morning here, a cold frosty start, more cloud now but still with decent sunny spells and a moderate breeze from the SSW picking up. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Not been a bad day, expecting rain soon though, nice weekend temps coming up, just a shame we won't see the sun for a while.

• Like 1

Posted

LOL...After a beautiful day today 8), this has to be the most monochrome, boring whether that I have ever seen predicted for the next 3 days in my location! In graphical form anyway! This type of whether will keep this thread quiet.....:cray:

Saturday..........................................   Sunday............................................. Monday...........................                       

56c748760983c_2016-02-1916.48.30.thumb.p 56c7487faa25b_2016-02-1916.47.50.thumb.p 56c74885194ec_2016-02-1916.47.09.thumb.p

What have I or indeed we done to deserve this :bad:! LOL......Have a lovely evening all :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Weird,  sunny,  warm ish etc,  and had about 3 minutes of very fine gentle snow this afternoon! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Am I in the twilight zone, people mentioning snow:drunk-emoji: Had a barbecue today, first one of the summer and it was just a bit windy:cc_confused::ninja:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wow that ECM the boom word has even been mentioned in the mod thread. If only it stays like that till the time comes.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Model thread is going mental over the latest charts, lol, I think I will wait a bit longer to see how it pans out, been let down so many times, saying that lets hope it goes our way for once before Spring gets here

• Like 3

Posted

Watch with interest, but dont get dragged in to another false hope.....watch and see what happens over the next few days.....good charts tonight, maybe not so good tomorrow...Please don't get hung up on one run.....interesting output none the less that should be discussed, as that is why we are here, but as we all know watch with a very open mind.......fingers crossed! :D

• Like 5

Posted

Back in grimy London train journey from hell severe delays/backlog into Waterloo an additional 2 hours on the clock from Havant someone got struck by a train at Earlsfield station. :( 

ECM has winter arriving with a decent threat of snow. Enjoy this weekend Spring burst as I have a feeling it will be the only Spring like weather you'll see in a while.

With MJO going into phase 7/8 good charts like ECM demonstrates does not surprise me.  

• Like 4

Posted

@Essexgooner and @alexisj9my last post wasn't directed at you, just a general note of advice for speed readers that may only see "ECM boom" and "MOD thread going mental"! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms
6 minutes ago, Snoopie42 said:

@Essexgooner and @alexisj9my last post wasn't directed at you, just a general note of advice for speed readers that may only see "ECM boom" and "MOD thread going mental"! 

No my friend, exactly why I said I will wait a bit longer, haha  , but as you say will be interesting to watch as usual

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
32 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Back in grimy London train journey from hell severe delays/backlog into Waterloo an additional 2 hours on the clock from Havant someone got struck by a train at Earlsfield station. :(

ECM has winter arriving with a decent threat of snow. Enjoy this weekend Spring burst as I have a feeling it will be the only Spring like weather you'll see in a while.

With MJO going into phase 7/8 good charts like ECM demonstrates does not surprise me.

Seems like we get far more cold starts (although sometime away) to March over the last 10 years or so and going by the latest model outputs ti maybe likely once again which appears to happen more often than in January or February!...even Ian F sounded fairly confident that it will turn colder than average after this weekend and into the start of March, I'm not sure if I'm happy or not, we need ball bustingly cold synoptics as per 2013 for settling snow in the daytime.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 2

Posted

Is it actually going to be cold though? My birthday is in the first week of March and it always seems to be about 8C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

Seems like we get far more cold starts (although sometime away) to March over the last 10 years or so and going by the latest model outputs ti maybe likely once again which appears to happen more often than in January or February!...even Ian F sounded fairly confident that it will turn colder than average after this weekend and into the start of March, I'm not sure if I'm happy or not, we need ball bustingly cold synoptics as per 2013 for settling snow in the daytime.

Its like the start of sept always seems to have the perfect summer synoptics yet too late for a late 30 degree style heatwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I know it's back to westerlys for now but no one said they'ed be this strong, highest gust so far ism 54 mph, most gusts in the 40 range. As no one has mentioned storms up north I has assumed wind would be gustting up to about 30 which is normal background noise here for low pressure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Somethings afoot with these current night time forecast temps- March 2013 re-run? lets hope the models consolidate what ECM has shown us tonight in the coming days

Screenshot_2016-02-19-22-44-23.png