Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
8 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

At least Atlantic weather is interesting! High winds, blasting rain against the window. :D

Ah I wish I could share your excitement over rain and a bit of wind. Does nothing for me I'm afraid and just makes everything wet and seem bleak. 

But don't worry it won't be to long before the Atlantic mild dross comes back and you can stare at water falling from the sky. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Indeed lassie...If this is 'cold' what'll the first heatwave feel like?:shok:

The flies are enjoying this bitter cold too.:drunk-emoji: Sunbathing on my garage wall and and having a party in my cat's doo doo (sorry, too much information):bad: Temperature has dropped to a bone chilling 9c:cold::reindeer-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another fine day with sunny spells and patchy cloud. We had a slight air frost this morning, unusually with partly cloudy skies with cumulus pushing in off the north sea.

Annoys me so much, we are entering March, spring time, stronger sun time, this is where model and temperatures shown begin to vary massively compared to what actually happens due to the sun playing a huge huge factor now...

We are in a a traditional early spring regime now, cold at night warmer by day in any sun.. Yet people are still trying to chase the cold.. GIVE UP!! 

Soon the coldies will vanish and we can start chasing top temps and thunderstorms BRING IT ON

Had we actually had a proper winter... Then I wouldn't be saying the above. It's almost like a really really bad relationship where one person is trying desperately to hold onto the one they love.. Yet the other is saying F off :rofl:

Just for fun from the met:

Issued at: 
1026 on Wed 24 Feb 2016

Valid from: 
2000 on Wed 24 Feb 2016

Valid to: 
0900 on Thu 25 Feb 2016

Temperatures will fall below freezing on Wednesday night, with a risk of scattered wintry showers falling on sub-zero surfaces. This leads to a risk of icy patches on untreated roads and pavements on Thursday morning. In addition, light snow showers may give a temporary dusting of snow away from coasts. Please be aware of the risk of some locally difficult driving conditions, and some low level travel disruption.

Clear spells will allow road and pavement temperatures to fall below freezing on Wednesday night. Wintry showers are expected to affect coastal parts of SW England and western Wales. Further, mainly light, showers will move southeast across NW England, the Midlands and parts of central England overnight. Where these showers fall on sub-zero surfaces there is a risk of ice.

snow.thumb.jpg.180a9faede6e2400443bec82e

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
48 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

The flies are enjoying this bitter cold too.:drunk-emoji: Sunbathing on my garage wall and and having a party in my cat's doo doo (sorry, too much information):bad: Temperature has dropped to a bone chilling 9c:cold::reindeer-emoji:

Saw a honey bee on my allotment earlier! Plus some hibernating bumblebee queens have woken up and are looking to build a nest. Very early this year; normally happens end of March. 

A beautiful day with light winds and feeling really warm in the sun. Lovely 8)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

nIce update from the met. Where did this come from?

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Increasingly cloudy Friday, perhaps with more persistent sleet, or snow in the west later. The odd wintry shower Saturday and Sunday and feeling increasingly cold in a strengthening northeast wind

Posted
23 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Perfect allignment sat for a thames streamer-

last chance salloon for snow this winter ...

gfs 66 sat 7am-

image.thumb.jpg.90cf15266c747e718ebc51d7

Been waiting all winter for this chance. Although I must admit I am not confident. Too late in the season and not enough energy about. We shall see.

HR GFS PPN @ 66hrs...hints that ppn may start firing at the mouth of old mother Thames and further up the Essex/Suffolk/Norfolk coastline.

66-779UK.GIF?24-12

Edited by Southender

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well I, for one, am not expecting anything spectacular - MetO consistently forecasting 6-9C. What is there, to be excited aboot?:cc_confused: 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
6 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Well I, for one, am not expecting anything spectacular - MetO consistently forecasting 6-9C. What is there, to be excited aboot?:cc_confused: 

Agreed to the full extent, possibilities next week or after, this week nope.
GFS, quote, here today gone tomorrow.
Really who wants the chance of drizzly/ sleety wet mess when you could have today repeated for days on end.

Posted

I see this disturbance see bulge in isobars circled - this is what I believe the MetO are talking about. 

Bring on the snow :yahoo:

image.thumb.jpeg.29c9ddf8b629edb86760691

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
6 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

I see this disturbance see bulge in isobars circled - this is what I believe the MetO are talking about. 

You like the bulge, Daniel?:pardon:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
8 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

That chart would mark an increase of warmer surface temps and higher dew points unfortunately.

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Well, that is entirely dependant on the late Feb sun, under cloud cover temps will struggle. In mid winter days would have been much colder say no higher than 2C for most this weekend. Unfortunate.

Some pics from this morning :) 

image.thumb.jpeg.dd456095c88da3110ccd355image.thumb.jpeg.afdac0fdc4a9d5c238669dd

Edit: @Surrey you have to be optimistic or you would go mad :D

4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

That chart would mark an increase of warmer surface temps and higher dew points unfortunately.

Keep your hair on..well I just illustrated where the risk comes from clearly the threat would come later in the day, I trust the MetO over you! :wink: 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
Just now, Daniel* said:

Well, that is entirely dependant on the late Feb sun, under cloud cover temps will struggle. In mid winter days would have been much colder say no higher than 2C for most this weekend. Unfortunate.

Some pics from this morning :) 

image.thumb.jpeg.dd456095c88da3110ccd355image.thumb.jpeg.afdac0fdc4a9d5c238669dd

Edit: @Surrey you have to be optimistic or you would go mad :D

Keep your hair on..well I just illustrated where the risk comes from clearly the threat would come later in the day, I trust the MetO over you! :wink: 

Hair is firmly on. I was just pointing out the fact, that the chart you posted indicates jack. I'm not sure what threat you're on about though? I haven't seen anything mentioned. o_O

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Hair is firmly on. I was just pointing out the fact, that the chart you posted indicates jack. I'm not sure what threat you're on about though? I haven't seen anything mentioned. o_O

:ninja:

image.thumb.png.c33196d00439d056dc9c5546

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Some one posted chart similar to the one Daniel posted with all the warmer air wrapped round it.

Shame, however I do feel this week was always going to be worthless apart from this beautiful weather.
Main cold is next week or week after, or a better threat of proper cold with Europe having better in bedded cold air .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
2 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

To be honest the only good thing I can see is that with the models predicting 6/7C by day and temperatures around freezing at night this weekend it would suggest that we will see broken cloud as opposed to the gloomfest I feared might happen.

Some rain moving north on Friday which might turn wintry over the hills and perhaps some showers moving in off the north sea on Saturday which again could turn wintry. Staying cold until Tuesday with night frost with perhaps a snow to rain event as the front moves in.

That last part can be ignored as frankly I think we have been through that cycle before :p

• Like 1