Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Hi all a lovely day today and tmrw looks ok too. On holiday next week to have fun with the wife and kids and it's a shame things look like cooling down considerably. I know my comments the other day about snow caused some exasperation but I can't help it I love the stuff. If it's going to be cold let it snow if not I don't wanna know .To be honest I just want some heat now as I need to do some work in the garden and we all deserve some luck with the weather after all. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Lovely sunny day yesterday but the temp was pegged back here by the E'ly breeze and only reached a max of 12.5C. Looking good for another nice day today. Lots of blue around at the mo but some high cirrus already appearing. Satellite shows it up well. Arpege going for a warmer day, with 15C for many in the west of our Region and suggesting the South Coast is best placed for the highest temps. Day trip to Brighton anyone?

Cloud Thur21April 07.45.jpgArpege Temp Thur21April 16.00.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been cloudy here all morning so far, and it doesn't feel all that warm. However it does feel a bit humid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Another beautiful spring day here.. Cloud started to break around 11am and ever since had bright hazy sunshine.

Still cant get my head around how folk on the MOD thread are excited about a northerly at the end of April, although if its sun, clean crisp air your after then the SE looks a good spot. Of course there will be annoying rain showers dotted about but I guess its better than the Atlantic muck.

Lovely finish to the GFS this morning - Lets hope it gathers momentum/ support over the next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Turning into a nice enough day despite the large amounts of high cloud and strong wind. Actually a touch warmer than yesterday, 17C here currently. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 hours ago, Surrey said:

My word.. What an end to the GFS this morning :friends:

1.png2.png

Helllllllllllo Summmer

Yes please!!!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Turning into a nice enough day despite the large amounts of high cloud and strong wind. Actually a touch warmer than yesterday, 17C here currently. 

Good effort with the temperature! I'm jealous! :) After a promising start a rather thick band of cloud decided to take residence overhead, so little in the way of sunshine to raise temps and for the second day running only managed a poor 12.5C. (Mind you, come Sat & Sun that'll sound attractive!).

Annoying band of cloud... Cloud Thur21April 13.45.jpg

Posted
8 hours ago, Surrey said:

My word.. What an end to the GFS this morning :friends:

1.png2.png

Helllllllllllo Summmer

That looks interesting, so not much chance of it coming off.....  nice to see though, and look at France!!

There is currently a 12% risk of snow in London for Sunday, that is probably 11.75% too high for this time of year, but it will be chilly compared to our current weather.

The bank holiday weekend is not looking that great at the moment although temps do look like they will recover from Wednesday next week onwards, but still with the ever present risk of rain, it is a bank holiday after all :-)

Cheers

FC

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It has been a lovely day here again, just a little high level cloud turning the sunshine hazy, otherwise it has been sunny and pleasant with the winds staying relatively light.

There was a slight frost this morning as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

chilly this morning. Even the most hardy were back in their coats. Felt colder in the back garden than out front but managed to dry 5 pairs of my jeans quite happily in little bit of sun we had.

Never mind, hubs is working late tonight and said the immortal words ' shall i order a pizza?'

:yahoo: 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Surrey said:

Certainly will feel chiller but nothing like the "artic blast" that keeps getting mentioned 

Yep, those darn rampers in the Met Office.... :D Met Off Arctic Air.jpg

Posted

Morning. Hope no one was offended by my attempt at humour last night ^. Dull start here and 9C. Not a breath of wind. Don't think there'll be much sun on show today. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The 'arctic blast' for London next week

3536342.png

Cold nights yes cold days? not really

Even my location of Darlington in the NE sees highs not far off double figures

45674757.png

You'll really need to go to northern Scotland for the coldest weather and the highest chance of snow

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

It's not even going to be that cold by the looks of things, a lot of fuss about nothing.:nonono:Chance of snow......ZERO

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

It's not even going to be that cold by the looks of things, a lot of fuss about nothing.:nonono:Chance of snow......ZERO

Excellent news :D

Posted

Yeah it was chilly this morning. It's not allowed to do any of that snow thing. Thunder yes please. snow no. Go away. 

Bedford breeze in force as to my shock my hair was all over the place, sticking up like a teletubby. I probably looked like laa laa po.

Edited by Dami

Posted

The east wind is cold, the cloud isn't as bad as I thought it would be though. It's been quite sunny at times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Absolutely @Surrey completely agree, it really is cringeable reading the cold lovers ramp up a so called artic blast for the end of April. 

Snow for Scotland and the Northern Isles.. Big blooming deal.. In any sunnier breaks down here it will still feel pleasant enough so who cares! 

Meanwhile.. Nice to see my tax money going on yet another Accurate TV/internet forecast... NOT

According to BBC "a few light showers possible this evening" 

Reality - persistent heavy rain the past 4 hours 

Posted

I was supposed to have rain by now, still nice and dry here, cloudy though. The graphics shown at 18:30 had rain all over the south at 17:00 and clearing south tonight, including here. Edit some light bits have just started.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

well, yes it's a bit chiller today, still got the bedford breeze and there' s some cloud building.

*yawn*