Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Oh what a beautiful morning....  :whistling::) Cloud Sun17April 08.35.jpg

Forgot to reset my max/min thermometer so don't know what it got down to overnight, but grass and roofs white and bird table frozen solid first thing. Let's hope cloud doesn't bubble up to spoil this glorious start.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well we had an air frost here, it quickly melted away though. Quite a lot of cumulus cloud has bubbled up though through the morning.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Forgot to reset my max/min thermometer so don't know what it got down to overnight, but grass and roofs white and bird table frozen solid first thing. Let's hope cloud doesn't bubble up to spoil this glorious start.

Cold and frosty start here too, lovely sunny morning. Feels cool in the shade but really nice in the sun :) Quite a bit of cloud bubbling up now however, hopefully won't infill too much and spoil the afternoon. Air is very clear/clean too which is lovely!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Cold and frosty start here too, lovely sunny morning. Feels cool in the shade but really nice in the sun :) Quite a bit of cloud bubbling up now however, hopefully won't infill too much and spoil the afternoon. Air is very clear/clean too which is lovely!

5 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Its just after 2pm and there is just Sunshine!

Blessed Weather - Last Night I thought it would be sunny but no... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya6aXkt3-ss

Edited by LimoPreacherman
Links didnt work in a previous post

Posted

Yesterday was the coolest day in over a month maxing out at just 9C a bit warmer today but the dew point is very low that being -3C, any 'snowfall' out the apparent cold spell, will be restricted to the late/early hours but it may be possible. The latest GFS does give snow in our region, madness considering we're pushing into May.

image.pngimage.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Crazy weather....beautiful today.  Gardening in the warm sunshine (cold in the shade) and then check the 10 day forecast and 95% risk of snow on Thursday!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
10 minutes ago, scrat said:

Crazy weather....beautiful today.  Gardening in the warm sunshine (cold in the shade) and then check the 10 day forecast and 95% risk of snow on Thursday!!

:yahoo::cold:

Posted
1 hour ago, scrat said:

Yes, hasn't it been a beautiful day!  And there's been some wonderful cloudscapes to be enjoyed - a couple of photos below. I thought the second one looked like a fluffy white dog (head on the left, mouth slightly open.... OK, maybe it's me!  :)

If I may clarify your second statement, just in case anyone thinks there may be a risk of snow this coming Thursday. It's not this Thurs as that will hopefully be pleasantly warm. But certainly from next weekend into the following week it looks decidely chilly and yes, looking like a risk of snow on higher ground.

20160417_173122_resized_1.jpg20160417_173629_resized.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Today has been okay, a bit chilly and there were a few isolated light showers. Otherwise some decent sunny spells. After a brief milder spell during the middle of the week it looks like we will be back down into single figures and widespread frosts. Still the details need firming up as the location of the upper trough will decide whether we will see a proper cold plunge or whether the trough sets up over the UK and gives us a cool and wet outlook.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Well . Today was lovely actually the first time in ages I've had a day off and I've been able to cut the garden grass for the first time in months. Just saw a forecast reflecting on late snow down here in the late 1980s and then said it won't be that bad well maybe .... 

Now I've seen Mr Murr posting again. Is it possible we will see snow next week?.

ps . Can't believe I'm asking this in April 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been a lovely day here, sunny all day, a bit of fair weather cloud about, it didn't really get in the way though. Just sun in the last couple of hours of day light, the cloud decided to vanish.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
11 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Been a lovely day here, sunny all day, a bit of fair weather cloud about, it didn't really get in the way though. Just sun in the last couple of hours of day light, the cloud decided to vanish.

Same here, Alexis.  Around mid-afternoon I thought we were due a hefty shower, as there were some towering cumlus visible, but they seemed to hit a layer of warmer air in the tropospheric mid-laye (convective inhibition), as evinced by the tops flattening-out well below theheight of a cumulonimbus anvil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

too cold to be out of bed.

Posted

Another lovely sunny start. Overnight low 2.5C. Cloud coming down from the NW will spoil things later with the SE corner holding onto the sun the longest.

Cloud Mon18April 07.50.jpg

Posted

Another nice sunny blue sky morning, shame about the cloud coming later. Hope it gets here after dark.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
6 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Why oh why would you chase cold now?

Does nobody appreciate the damage cold can do this time of year?? Hey ho, hopefully it will be dry and clear and that sun will warm things up just like yesterday very pleasant in the sun 

Agreed I find it rather annoying, just sorting my garden out now, but not planting anything incse it gets damaged. Hope the stuff already there will be alright.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I don't want it to be cold, I don't want any snowy stuff, even if it means we had the slow cooker down and did slow cooked beef for sunday, but anyway....

Honestly it is more like the other side of august, cloud came in quick and the wind is cold. Someone on the school run had cropped jeans and nothing really there sandals on, brrrr.

nothing like hoping.