Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

just some rain here :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Blimey! Massive hail/torrential/thunder shower coming through, pretty impressive

Posted

Met  office upgrade  reg Katie 70 mph FOR US  so it could  be  fun  ,plus today's been upgraded as well

Posted

Nasty   looking storms near  London looking at  the radar  the   boat race  could be interesting this afternoon  if  the wind gets  up!!

Updated warnings.. Looks like met are going with slightly deeper option reading this..

Winds will strengthen markedly across southern England and through the Bristol Channel from the early hours of Monday, with the potential for 50-60 mph gusts inland and 70 mph gusts around coasts exposed to the south. Whilst there is a low likelihood of all areas seeing these strong gusts for a time, southern coastal counties from Hampshire eastwards look most likely to see the strongest winds, and in these areas there is also the possibility of some 60-70 mph gusts well inland. Wind will soon ease from the south west during the morning, then clearing from south east England and East Anglia by mid-afternoon. Additional hazards may include large waves around exposed coasts as well as a period of heavy rain. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Waiting for this pointless rain shower to pass so I can load the car up to go visit family for the evening.

Not quite the dramatic description from me, - - shower is over me and producing heavy rain and one small thunder rumble. 

No " crazy" hail here! 

Hurry up and do one do I can get on with my day.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, Ben Lewis said:

Waiting for this pointless rain shower to pass so I can load the car up to go visit family for the evening.

Not quite the dramatic description from me, - - shower is over me and producing heavy rain and one small thunder rumble. 

No " crazy" hail here! 

Hurry up and do one do I can get on with my day.. 

What's :crazy: hail lol, mine looked quite normal:cc_confused: The darkness is impressive, the rest is bog standard, having an Easter Egg for breakfast:lazy: Have a nice day everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

And here she is, a young Katie....

2016-03-27 15.45.43.png 2016-03-27 15.45.03.png

Wonder is she will grow into a wild child or angry witch.....only time will tell! I will be here, with those that are extreme weather enthusiasts, watching with interest! Get yourself a beer or a wine, sit back and watch events unfold!....could be a sleepless night!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Snoopie42 said:

And here she is, a young Katie....

2016-03-27 15.45.43.png 2016-03-27 15.45.03.png

Wonder is she will grow into a wild child or angry witch.....only time will tell! I will be here, with those that are extreme weather enthusiasts, watching with interest! Get yourself a beer or a wine, sit back and watch events unfold!....could be a sleepless night!

Seems the gfs 12z is following the 06z in a deeper low it even shows the wrap around and strong winds on the exit which the high res models picked up on yesterday..

As you say, interesting to watch it un fold

Stay safe all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Amber warning for Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Portsmouth, Southampton, Surrey, West Sussex

60 to 70mph gusts along the south coast

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?WT.mc_id=Twitter_Warnings_Rain&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1459119600&regionName=se

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Hello everyone, some of you MAY remember me, but I haven't been on in AGES! We had a very large shower around 1100, as most of you did. And, we had some hail too, and a few distant rumbles! The anvil was very impressive!

The tree in my garden was wobbling around a bit in the gusty winds, so goodness knows what it will be like tomorrow!  The wind has got up a bit now, probably due to the shower passing to my north.

• Like 1

Posted

My home town is going to get a battering!

Posted

I don't like wind storms - so glad where I am isn't going to get the worst of it - just hope every one is safe!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Dami said:

I don't like wind storms - so glad where I am isn't going to get the worst of it - just hope every one is safe!

Me neither, give me anything but wind storms.

• Like 2