Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
32 minutes ago, slater said:

So after a day of rain, was so looking forward to the "Spring like weather" this weekend only to be see on the met office app for Attleborough is 7c where is the 14 c from 2 days ago, what a P**s take 

simple the high is situated in a way the may bring us a cloudy easterly by the weekend, may be foggy instead if sky clears, not much wind about. where I am may be lucky to hit 7.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Missed most of the rain today, weekend weather and beyond is looking like a thread killer zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Missed most of the rain today, weekend weather and beyond is looking like a thread killer zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

thread killer - LOL

Spring type weather coming up.. make the most of it cos there's seaweed that's tellin' of a cold end to March (-:

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_table.php?x=306&y=141&run=0&ext=fr&mode=0&sort=1

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?&ech=348&mode=0&carte=1

and just for fun:

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/SAT_NHEM/animweur.html

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

What a drive home from night shift that was, got stuck at Ellington as  A14, is flooded, so diverted  through Grafham, then had to negotiate more flooding at Buckden.

It's chaos around Huntingdon avoid at all cost!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
8 minutes ago, 80sWeather said:

What a drive home from night shift that was, got stuck at Ellington as  A14, is flooded, so diverted  through Grafham, then had to negotiate more flooding at Buckden.

It's chaos around Huntingdon avoid at all cost!

Been hearing all about it! And still the rain carries on falling! Unbelievable. 

Posted

A change in the orientation of the high centred over Scandinavia leading to chilly easterlies through this weekend Into early part of next week. I do know the Beeb were going for temps in the mid teens at one point, funny how things change, feeling chillier in our SE corner more the nuisance type, slightly below average temps for the time of year, looking largely overcast so air frosts will be limited some ground frosts.

image.thumb.png.a6de13f36c1cac316f6e33af

image.thumb.png.1306d0c3c1141374f43c6410

Towards the latter part of the next week GFS has a southerly plume with 850hPa temps of 10C narrowly missing us, with the storm thread awakening.

I suspect so interest there if you're a storm fan, quite early in the year I must say. High teens by next weekend would be nice, bliss in the sunshine. :)  

image.thumb.png.8b5c34fd17425cfd14ba3f25

image.thumb.png.112f9e1490e98b1fa456f5df

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted

Afternoon all,

After a c;loudy start this morning the sun has come out here in Southend, temps have hit double figures and it feels a bit spring like out there.

Long may it continue

Edit:  double figures did not last long temps now dropping again

FC

Edited by frozencanals
update

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

We had around half an hour of pleasant sunshine as the initial front band cleared away before some stratus moved in, it has cleared away now for a cold and frosty night.

Posted

A foggy start to Friday for many of us, it may be dense in places, freezing fog also possible out in the country. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5e8249101c3e1b6ed54b198

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wow what a day, started sunny, then stratus moved in for a couple of hours, that burned off to mist and had nice warm sun coming through for most of the day. Wish it would continue like that. Don't think my luck could continue though. I think the mist may turn foggy over night.

We almost hit 10 today, high 9.9 lol. Down to 3.6 now.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

Very foggy in NW Kent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, fulham snow said:

Very foggy in Epsom.what is it with people driving with no lights on in thick fog,madness and very dangerous :girl_devil:

Have noticed people's driving 'skills' have decreased markedly in the last decade with a corresponding increase in aggression, rudeness and general selfishness. 

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

Well that was a bit of a surprise this morning, one of the hardest frosts of 'the winter' in Southend this morning, fog appearing as I progressed into London.  Also saw my first cherry blossoms of this spring, in East London.  Sun is now out in central London and it is already feeling quite nice.

Have a good weekend one and all

FC

Edited by frozencanals

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Turned into a beautiful sunny afternoon here and it actually feels quite pleasant.

Looks like the foreseeable is set dry and fair, if rather chilly at times.

Bring it on I say... Its either this or the Atlantic onslaught, I know what id prefer.

A good next 7-10 days to get out and about with outdoor activities.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
40 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Tomorrow looks gowjas

Could do with a few weeks of this weather, feels lovely in the sunshine and light winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Freezing fog here to start which took until around 10am to clear, otherwise a mostly sunny day with just some patchy cloud. Conditions look fine with variable cloud until around Tuesday where winds are expected to shift more north easterly which could mean more cloud for our region. 

Fog could be an issue tonight as well with warning in force for our region.

Posted

Can some one please explain what "GOWJAS" means? is it a new weather term? :rofl:

Bright and sunny here in St James. might even be daylight (Just) when i get home around 6 this evening

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
5 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Have noticed people's driving 'skills' have decreased markedly in the last decade with a corresponding increase in aggression, rudeness and general selfishness. 

Well I thought it was just me getting old lol but have to agree with you as I witnessed many drivers going 70-90 mph on the A14 in thick fog.

I wonder what they do with the extra 2 mins they gain when they get to work?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
10 minutes ago, MAF said:

Can some one please explain what "GOWJAS" means? is it a new weather term? :rofl:

Bright and sunny here in St James. might even be daylight (Just) when i get home around 6 this evening

Gowjas sounds like some kind of laundry detergent :cc_confused: Seen some queen bees today on the wall of my garage, sunbathing:shok: Still a bit nippy for them and they are pretty drowsy. 10.6c