Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Monday is looking like our best chance of snowfall. The Arpege is very annoying though, it has snow over most of the UK, but London and the SE has rain. :fool:

arpegeeur-2-84.png?12

arpegeeur-2-90.png?12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Proving my point about those stupid rain/snow charts.

Latest MO forecast for Monday is dry. Period.

Not to say the MO forecast will be 100% correct, but having looked at those snow/rain charts over many weeks now, that are about 0-10% right.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Temp now 6.1 and rising, wind was, would have preferred a SE wind. The low temps in Europe are also being mixed out, so I don't expect any snow from this front if it does get here, unless the wind swings around soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
53 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Proving my point about those stupid rain/snow charts.

Latest MO forecast for Monday is dry. Period.

Not to say the MO forecast will be 100% correct, but having looked at those snow/rain charts over many weeks now, that are about 0-10% right.

Interestingly the text forecasts suggest rain across the rest of the region on Monday from a front moving south east in conjunction with a secondary low moving through the UK, trouble is no model has the front affecting anywhere east of the Welsh coast. This is a major difference as being a couple of hundred of miles further east of that front will put us in line for any showery activity moving in off the north sea. So I wouldn't be too surprised if there are changes to the forecast in the coming days.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Interestingly the text forecasts suggest rain across the rest of the region on Monday from a front moving south east in conjunction with a secondary low moving through the UK, trouble is no model has the front affecting anywhere east of the Welsh coast. This is a major difference as being a couple of hundred of miles further east of that front will put us in line for any showery activity moving in off the north sea. So I wouldn't be too surprised if there are changes to the forecast in the coming days.

Has it changed from this then today.

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Remaining cold. Mainly cloudy Saturday with spells of rain and strong northerly winds. Brighter Sunday with lighter winds and some showers. Mainly bright and dry Monday, especially eastern parts.

Updated at: 1435 on Thu 3 Mar 2016

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
44 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Temp now 6.1 and rising, wind WSW, would have preferred a SE wind. The low temps in Europe are also being mixed out, so I don't expect any snow from this front if it does get here, unless the wind swings around soon

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
2 hours ago, Vivian said:

Monday is looking like our best chance of snowfall. The Arpege is very annoying though, it has snow over most of the UK, but London and the SE has rain. :fool:

arpegeeur-2-84.png?12

arpegeeur-2-90.png?12

Most models don't get precip this far east and besides, if it did, you can't bet it won't be snow.

Western Ireland, even at lower levels, seeing snow showers tonight ... so lucky them. 

I've all but given up waiting for snow now, as I find it pretty boring unless it settles and I can take my son out to play in it.

Now looking forward to thundery April showers ... then the first thundery SPanish Plume ... lol.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
19 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Most models don't get precip this far east and besides, if it did, you can't bet it won't be snow.

Western Ireland, even at lower levels, seeing snow showers tonight ... so lucky them. 

I've all but given up waiting for snow now, as I find it pretty boring unless it settles and I can take my son out to play in it.

Now looking forward to thundery April showers ... then the first thundery SPanish Plume ... lol.

Yeah, some parts of Ireland have done well lately and great for them.. I'm still hoping that we'll see some decent snowfall this month :laugh:Spanish plumes sounds good, but it can wait!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Raining here 7.2c. March is looking  a little clearer now:ninja: Starts average then a spring spell with temps up to 18c before we are plunged into winter during the second half with snow.:shok::cold::reindeer-emoji: Christmas weather at Easter.:cc_confused:

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
1 hour ago, Nick F said:

Nick by now you should relise that our April Showers arrive in August & our Spanish Plume on Bonfire Night ;)

• Like 1

Posted

In other news that pathetic newspaper that likes to write extreme nonsense was at it again today 

Should be a law against it, becoming a joke now. I had a meeting with a few clients and over lunch one was going on about it, sharing the article on social media with her friends!...I said for goodness sake if they ever get one extreme event correct we'll be in for it. Then told her to search & read the archives for the last couple years lol

• Like 1

Posted

Well,  warming up here an impressive 7.5C rather wet too still expect to see some good old flakes in the next 36 hours. The northern folks who perverse to moan ect cannot comprehend the degree of suffering often endured by a snow starved Londoner, It is an abomination. :wallbash:

Watching the radar imagery is interesting the front seems to be pivoting around Yorkshire, I'm sure some hill is going to get buried to my despair...

Posted
6 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Well,  warming up here an impressive 7.5C rather wet too still expect to see some good old flakes in the next 36 hours. The northern folks who perverse to moan ect cannot comprehend the degree of suffering often endured by a snow starved Londoner, It is an abomination. :wallbash:

Watching the radar imagery is interesting the front seems to be pivoting around Yorkshire, I'm sure some hill is going to get buried to my despair...

Leeds area looks good doesn't it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
7 hours ago, seaside 60 said:

Has it changed from this then today.

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Remaining cold. Mainly cloudy Saturday with spells of rain and strong northerly winds. Brighter Sunday with lighter winds and some showers. Mainly bright and dry Monday, especially eastern parts.

Updated at: 1435 on Thu 3 Mar 2016

There seemed to be differences depending on where in this region you are, but both forecasts suggest that a front would be nearby which would bring cloud or outbreaks of rain. Todays update looks more in line with the model output.

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

Cold and windy with rain/sleet at first Sunday, then bright intervals, scattered wintry showers and overnight frosts. Later on Tuesday, rain perhaps arriving from the west and becoming less cold.

Updated at: 0157 on Fri 4 Mar 2016

So wintry showers for the region until Tuesday when the Atlantic starts to break through which again is suggesting by the current model output.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Beautiful blue skies here this morning. Doesn't feel that cold either.

Looking like a decent day with good sunny breaks and temps possibly up to 9/10c 

Posted

Morning all,

Blue skies and well above freezing in Southend this morning, at least it was when I left earlier this morning.  London also has lovely blue skies this morning and it is not that cold either.

Cheers

FC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A beautiful sunny start to the day here, 2C currently with light winds and deep blue skies, very nice :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme....more snow the better

Looking at all the pictures on the news of the snow up north made me so jealous I couldn't finish my porridge this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
9 minutes ago, blueballs said:

Looking at all the pictures on the news of the snow up north made me so jealous I couldn't finish my porridge this morning.

On the flip side when it hits 30c this summer here and they are stuck under a rain band we can all have a good chuckle ;)

• Like 4

Posted

Yep lovely sunny day nearly 4c, not much wind.
As per previous convo Monday still looks bright and sunny and no rain. By wed giving nearly 10c, which to be honest it hasnt been that far short in this so called cold spell.

This time of the year the sun just has to shine and it feels warm now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes, snow, thunder, hot heat, ice cold, etc

hi all, looking at all the north  pictures is soooo annoying isnt it, lucky sods haha :sorry: just wondering as the bbc weather forecast shows some of the ppn turning to snow over my area, actually over most of east anglia when it hits here after dark, whats our chances of anything suprise wise this evening and tonight please xx

Posted

seems fairly sunny and dry here, good because i have to go outside soon.

got some potatoes cooking.

cook large potatoes in boiling water with their jackets on till you can run a knife right into them, then bake in oven for twenty minutes till outside is crispy and insides go all fluffy.

then serve with filling of choice, think it will be butter and cheese today, maybe tuna mayonnaise, maybe something else.

best way ive found of making baked potatoes.

• Like 1

Posted

Who cares about the weather, much better getting cooking tips in here like what every one was eating last week.
:):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

now i fancy jacket spud and tuna mayo:nonono: