Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Yes the Mackley had snow on her forecast for tomorrow, think this is being over egged. Friday looks very complicated. The origin of the cold air is from France / continent , it curls round a low pressure and then cuts back in from the west. 

Lets keep watching.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

yee haa! sudden hail storm just started and stopped again in Oxfordshire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Behold a miracle hatched lines within T24 the most wintry day of the winter?

image.thumb.gif.c96d0438f696fc13ea354471

(...Past two years??) :D

All on a knife edge as far as tomorrow is concerned. It is looking better than most scenario's recently... It will be interesting to see evolve and, hopefully, a nice surprise for some!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Fingers crossed for today, though things are not looking good to our north west with rain being reported instead of snow, it is also worth noting that the models have again upped the 850s within the 24 hour range. (now just -4/5C instead of widespread -6C this afternoon as the showers move through).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Rain & sleet being reported in the North West, doesn't bode well for us I'm afraid.

Latest Meto update suggests rain or sleet for us anyway. 

Many in the NW thread are commenting about the weakness of the ppn coming through. I also notice the Beeb have completely lost their white graphics for our region from yesterday replaced by rain only - you couldn't make it up. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Looks like the snow potential has been over done, not even snowing up north according to the latest posts I've read. Hope this changes but in all honesty, I don't care anymore, what's the point of snow that doesn't settle,:unknw: even if it did, it will be 8c tomorrow, so it would have all gone quickly. I wish the BBC weather forecasters would stop going on about how cold it is, it really isn't that cold at all. Cold is ice days not 6c:rolleyes: This can't even be called a cold spell, in fact we didn't even have one this winter.:doh: Roll on next winter!:reindeer-emoji:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
12 hours ago, Snoopie42 said:

Sorry, not weather related, however, was Bub's project the " story box", if so I had the pleasure of assisting building one all weekend! Dinosaurs Love Underpants! Safely delivered today! :D

i was quite lucky, last time it was 'transport' and we built a 'cinderella carriage' complete with a road, hills and trees, but this time out of the three choices (they are doing ponds and rivers) we decided on counting how many sunny days, rainy days etc and we presented them as a picture. It was a no brainer, really:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Looking forward to warmth now in all honesty. At least with a hot spell downgrade the temps may only reach 25c instead of 30c - not exactly a disaster.

Winter in this country is just a constant battle with everything on a ll knife edge - I'm worn out! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
27 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Blimey that didn't take long..

Screenshot_2016-03-02-07-18-09.thumb.png

The atmosphere is ripe!

No it didn't take long @Surrey, seems this chart was pretty accurate!

ukcapeli.thumb.png.1e3123ae4b677887d8eae 

Maybe we can get some excitement from a hail storm or two later on seeing that the snow chances are diminishing fast! uppers have been moderated somewhat in the overnight runs!:angry: If we cant have snow, lets have thunder instead!......or both preferably! Have a good day!:D

• Like 1

Posted

Bbc saying wintry mix to cover there back now as they got it wrong again from 12 hours out and people still watch there useless forecasts that cover the week ahead 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Interesting, turned to snow very quickly up North, some blizzard conditions on higher ground reported and a pile up involving 5 cars in heavy snow.

Had very brief sleet/hail shower just now, 30 secs worth.:)

Edited by snowray

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
16 minutes ago, Lampostwatcher said:

Bbc saying wintry mix to cover there back now as they got it wrong again from 12 hours out and people still watch there useless forecasts that cover the week ahead 

Bit like this then....... I wouldn't bother watching them to be honest, can't even get it right as you said 12 hours out

2.jpg.05371381c57e09fb67762756cee0d854.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Lol. Can't spell either.....!!!

56d6b0e59d6b6_LookEast.thumb.jpg.6b322a3  :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
22 minutes ago, Lampostwatcher said:

They had always forecast a wintery mix, and the graphics last night had mostly sleet in them, there was just one clump of what looked like might be all snow, that's graphics from one of the models, probably gfs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Everything has been so border line that its been very difficult to forecast snow anywhere outside of Scotland. I remember when I was a kid, if it was a Northerly blowing in Winter we would see snow showers coming way inland, these days they stay out in the North sea and just clip the coasts, when they do come inland they are mainly of rain/sleet. Why is that?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
18 minutes ago, snowray said:

Interesting, turned to snow very quickly up North, some blizzard conditions on higher ground reported and a pile up involving 5 cars in heavy snow.

Had very brief sleet/hail shower just now, 30 secs worth.:)

It was always going to start as rain then change, it a front, the air at the back end is colder. If there is still a trough swing in behind it like last night's fax chart, that's the main snow risk in the form of heavy showers.

• Like 1

Posted

Temp 4.5c on drive into work just now along with a moderate rain shower.

Absolute zero chance of snow here today (we usually do well in these situations being high up and close to Luton) so other lowland areas in the region dont stand a chance.

I know folk are quick to defend BBC TV forecasts, but as ever my opinion of them is appalling. As the main weather forecasting platform on TV, in the space of 8 hours their forecasts change dramatically. White graphics covering much of the region yesterday with the S word (even a covering on hills) mentioned several times to this morning ''rain and maybe sleet over the chilterns and downs'' with blue graphics everywhere. Still cant believe i pay my taxes for this.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

It was always going to start as rain then change, it a front, the air at the back end is colder. If there is still a trough swing in behind it like last night's fax chart, that's the main snow risk in the form of heavy showers.

No they didn’t, their TV forecasts all day yesterday showed a considerable amount of white graphics (best of winter) for our region. Im still amazed how some people continue to defend the Beebs terrible TV weather forecasts.

• Like 1