Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

:hi:Well its another fine sunny morning, with clear blue skies, it already feels warm in the sun, as it climbs higher day bt day. Its the extra day of February, and it feels like spring, everything looks alive in the garden and the grass is so green.

Temps rising fast this morning, expect a little shower cloud to develop, have a good day.:hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Temp holding at 6.7 dp going down though currently at 0.0 so if there's any showers could well be off the sleet variety.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A decent day today with sunny spells and some fair weather cloud. Turning milder overnight and into tomorrow before being back in a colder than average pattern again. Sunshine and showers seems to be the order of the day for Wednesday and Thursday, these widespread with a mix of rain/hail and possibly snow in the heavier ones.

Posted

Meto and GFS concurring with a possible sleet / snow event for SE corner for Wed 9.00 PM but as it is from a NW flow I have little faith in that particular scenario.  Slightly better direction for Sat evening / Sunday suggested by GFS. Will be very marginal either way, but as I suggested yesterday in 14 days the chance of a snow day will have decreased by 75% on average so we should take what we can get now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

SSW being discussed on look east weather this evening (with graphics no less!) and the hint of a possible white Easter....far too early to call as we know but nice to see   

Edited by scotteboi
Spelling
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
14 minutes ago, scotteboi said:

SSW being discussed on look east weather this evening (with graphics no less!) and the hint of a possible white Easter....far too early to call as we know but nice to see   

Indeed, the forecaster, Dan Holley, is a member here - his forum ID is staplehurst.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

oo thunder. I like a bit o' thunder.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!
1 hour ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Indeed, the forecaster, Dan Holley, is a member here - his forum ID is staplehurst.

Didn't realise that  :hi:......was just nice to see Dan trying to educate, despite the short time he has available.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Its always a shame that the more interesting weather presenters dont get more time to explain and educate us.

They always seem to in other countries....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

Not a great picture but I snapped a parakeet in the local woodlands - my first ever sighting of one in the area.

image.thumb.jpeg.0d99fc117d6c6c446d06c46image.thumb.jpeg.47f0a253a1e6825a9481780

I do believe that is a Ring Neck?!

I used to keep and breed lorikeets and parakeets many moons ago! The swarms you see in London and the surrounding areas have bred from people losing them from their aviaries- there could be a descendant from one of mine out there?  scare3.gif 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So Wednesday

fax60s.gif     fax72s.gif

Plenty of scope of showers or organised bands of showery precipitation. Pretty cold aloft so the chance of heavy downpours with the chance of hail or even wintry precipitation. It looks like we will see the that low move down the north sea carrying further periods of rain overnight. The showers will tend to die out on Thursday.

So Friday

fax96s.gif

The front straddles the north western part of our region. Looks like it needs to be a little further south for us to see any joy at the moment. Looks like rain with perhaps some wintriness over Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I do believe that is a Ring Neck?!

I used to keep and breed lorikeets and parakeets many moons ago! The swarms you see in London and the surrounding areas have bred from people losing them from their aviaries- there could be a descendant from one of mine out there?  scare3.gif 

I believe so after some research, well they're usually found in the suburbs of S/W London not a inner London borough, however the environment is ideal for them...largest population of them in the country exists in suburbs of South London, would be interesting if parakeet(s) established a population round here well he or she needs a lady/man friend. I love the vibrant green colours. Apparently they're deemed as pests? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wow shame it's goner warm up before the rain gets here, as if it arrived now it could well be a snow to rain event. Oh well. Temp 2.7 dp -0.7. It's already warmed up slightly from earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
9 hours ago, Daniel* said:

I believe so after some research, well they're usually found in the suburbs of S/W London not a inner London borough, however the environment is ideal for them...largest population of them in the country exists in suburbs of South London, would be interesting if parakeet(s) established a population round here well he or she needs a lady/man friend. I love the vibrant green colours. Apparently they're deemed as pests? 

I have seen those pests in Pinner. I think they found south of the river to be a bit rough so settled in NW London instead.:bomb: Windy and rainy here this morning. When is the snow coming, it's almost summer? :drunk-emoji::reindeer-emoji:

Posted
8 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I have seen those pests in Pinner. I think they found south of the river to be a bit rough so settled in NW London instead.:bomb: Windy and rainy here this morning. When is the snow coming, it's almost summer? :drunk-emoji::reindeer-emoji:

I have a pet pest, a domesticated seagull, they are so intelligent, mine guards me like a dog, a few days ago he realised the back door was not fully shut, so he squawked by the door till I realised.anyway its very grey and miserable here this morning looks like a lot of rain settling in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
5 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

I have a pet pest, a domesticated seagull, they are so intelligent, mine guards me like a dog, a few days ago he realised the back door was not fully shut, so he squawked by the door till I realised.anyway its very grey and miserable here this morning looks like a lot of rain settling in.

Awwwwwww, how cute, you have a guard bird. I don't think they are pests, they are nice looking birds. BBC website had a feature about SSW, has it, or is it about to take place?