Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Cloudy all day here, just mid to high level stuff so I am hopeful that we will see some sunshine over the weekend when any frontal cloud banks move away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Cloudy here, totally now, has been for a while current temp is 4.8, the max earlier was 5. Wind is blowing from the ese and the dp is 0.9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Looks like below average temps for March and the beginning of April according to Ian Fergusson Metoffice forecaster.

Bloody typical.... mild and dreary without a sniff of a snowflake in winter and when get the right synoptics for snow  it's probably too late in the season.

We'll get a 4-5 C raw overcast Easterly and cold drizzle.

• Like 1

Posted

I know it's not going to snow here but the clouds sure look like it .... Dp 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Good evening all of you lovely people! Just for fun, and I mean fun...I'm not sure I have ever seen a chart like this for our region....most certainly not likely to verify,however, nice to look at all the same! :Dc.png.c3378ee8e2da64c6e9af718ac6faa6ea.t

• Like 2

Posted

The lack of replies says it all really.

No-one really that interested anymore and certainly dont believe these drivel into the future charts from GooFuS

Roll on the spring heat, convective clouds and Storms 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow
1 hour ago, Paul Sherman said:

No-one really that interested anymore and certainly dont believe these drivel into the future charts from GooFuS

Yes I can't see what they're getting so excited about in the mod thread. For us in the south northerlies rarely bring anything snowy for us and this period looks the same. Also, same thing of right at the end of gfs run most snowy but never makes it into reliable very rolls eyes to heavens "oh no not again" snow tease 

Edited by snowfish1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
1 hour ago, Paul Sherman said:

It would be nice to run with that theme but unfortunately the current set up has the Azores high west or south west of the UK which means little chance of any real Spring warmth for the foreseeable so we are stuck in a generally below average pattern with the occasional sniff of something wintry.

Sigh......

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just saw them gritting as was on my way home, a20 near folkestone. 4.3 and it's cloudy. Dp is -4.5 though. No ppn about and I wouldn't expect frost either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
36 minutes ago, geminitracie said:

In lovely Suffolk for a few days , something falling from the skies thou nothing on the radar :\

If it's snow and not meteorite's then it'll be to do with the easterly over sea - the wet bit to the right of you on the radar.

Maybe some convection and a few isolated wintry cold things falling from the sky today (sat) - and who knows an early Thames streamer... briefly there was a blob of white on the forecast tonight - straw clutching is my forte (-:

Enjoy

• Like 2

Posted

Hazy sunshine to start here. No sign of any low cloud which is good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

you really are in the wars at the moment surrey, how you managed that? Although I will add I did something to my left wrist which even after 2 weeks still feels stiff and sore. 

19 minutes ago, Dami said:

you really are in the wars at the moment surrey, how you managed that? Although I will add I did something to my left wrist which even after 2 weeks still feels stiff and sore. 

Lifting stuff at work on Thursday I think it's proper odd pain lol! But I'll manage gotta pick a new Guinea pig cage up today!

Sun has just come out!!!  :yahoo: 

Hopefully we can get the sun out and anywhere out the wind will feel okay if you can be in the sun too! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Um clear blue Sky's here, 6c light wind, I thought it was meant to be cloudy, Last 7 days the forecast had been wrong everyday in my part of Norfolk anyway.

least it's dry air so My grass is bone dry and I cut my lawn 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Cloudy dull depressing. 5c
No sun, lots of cloud, no rain, just dull, mod east wind.
At least in a day or two for 3/4 days its not even a marginal chance of snow, its rain rain rain.

Edited by seaside 60

Posted

Good morning everybody!

And the Weather Forecast for this weekend........

A dry, but chilly day on Saturday :cold:........same on Sunday with a risk of a gap forming at 5pm. This risk will be closely monitored throughout the weekend and warnings will be issued as and when confidence in this event increases. People should not be concerned at this stage, however,  please keep upto date with the forecast over the next 24 hrs ........LOL:D

56d168c7c5066_2016-02-2709.12.52.thumb.p 56d1683daec4f_2016-02-2708.52.10.thumb.p

Joking aside, it's a beautiful sunny morning! Not sure how long that will last as there does seem to be a lot of cloud blanketing the region, let's just hope it's very thin and patchy? 

56d16a964fd00_2016-02-2709.18.47.thumb.p Have a lovely day all and enjoy the sun if you have any? :D

Posted

Can anyone help me as a fascinated amateur. I see charts like these and can't see why they wouldn't produce snow showers in the South East.

img1.png

img2.png

Posted
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Lifting stuff at work on Thursday I think it's proper odd pain lol! But I'll manage gotta pick a new Guinea pig cage up today!

Sun has just come out!!!  :yahoo: 

Hopefully we can get the sun out and anywhere out the wind will feel okay if you can be in the sun too! 

@Surrey Did Health and Safety not teach you how to lift properly .......I think it's knees bent, back straight, ouch, sh*t! Ah, so maybe they did teach you, well done seems you did everything correct LOL:D Hope it isnt too sore? Looks like it's the ministry of funny walks over the next few days for you! Have a good day!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Well it doesn't help in the fact that the air is being mixed in with the Atlantic high pressure.

Also it just aint cold enough across the north sea into Europe, not to say it wont snow though.