Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
7 minutes ago, Andy H said:

Couple of small snow showers here earlier, i know there is a bit of a row going on in the MOD thread at the moment, but it was certainly snow showers here

Could it have been Hail??

Posted
10 minutes ago, Flash Elvis said:

Could it have been Hail??

Nope certainly snow, we were outside of the front of the shop, it was bizarre sunny and felt warmish in the sun but 100% snow flakes

Posted

i can confirm i had a very brief snow shower here in horsham ealier. it turned to hail then light snow then rain but it happened! apparently Paul doesn't believe me but as there are still showers around, if we get any more i'm taking pictures or even a video just to prove it! (you can guarantee it won't happen again now!)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
11 minutes ago, bobbydog said:

i can confirm i had a very brief snow shower here in horsham ealier. it turned to hail then light snow then rain but it happened! apparently Paul doesn't believe me but as there are still showers around, if we get any more i'm taking pictures or even a video just to prove it! (you can guarantee it won't happen again now!)

The temps do take a big drop when the showers arrive, so not surprised you saw some flakey stuff:cold::crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been watching the sky line to my north, and east, and west, some lovely looking convective towers. Wonder if any of them come here.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Surrey said:

VERY cold nights to come away from the usual warmer spots..

And with this it marks my 6000th post! YAY! :yahoo:

Damn..I gotta get out more 

Well done ........ but shame only 5996 have been worth reading :rofl:....... sorry had to get in there before anybody else :drunk-emoji:

Only joking........ don't want it too cold I am looking at Fishing over night at the weekend :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

Scattered cumulus cloud I love days like this threatening clouds juxtaposing with clear skies.

"juxtaposing" wasn't that a Status Quo song?.......

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just went out and everything seems to be flatening here, still clouds about but no towers like earlier.

Posted
19 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Just went out and everything seems to be flatening here, still clouds about but no towers like earlier.

Sun is going down so the heat source of the convective showers is no longer there. They will all die off after sunset

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Had quite a lively little hail shower here earlier this afternoon, wasn't expecting it after Carol Kirkwood said most places would miss any showers....nice cloudscapes and actually felt warm in the sun. Looking forward to Spring arriving :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A fine day here, no showers with just some patchy cloud. To be honest it doesn't feel that chilly out there.

Posted
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Had quite a lively little hail shower here earlier this afternoon, wasn't expecting it after Carol Kirkwood said most places would miss any showers....nice cloudscapes and actually felt warm in the sun. Looking forward to Spring arriving :D

We are going to be cold, then mild come next Tuesday, then much colder. Spring will then arrive later in March when temperatures will hit 18c to 20c, before winter returns come the end of the month.........allegedly:drunk-emoji::ninja::reindeer-emoji: All in all a right balls up of a month weather wise.:nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

We are going to be cold, then mild come next Tuesday, then much colder. Spring will then arrive later in March when temperatures will hit 18c to 20c, before winter returns come the end of the month.........allegedly:drunk-emoji::ninja::reindeer-emoji: All in all a right balls up of a month weather wise.:nonono:

Ooh 18 or 20C, we can wish! Don't mind if March is a bit wintry as long as April and especially May have some warm sunny spells. Everything seems to be running two months late again but I doubt our region will see much snow now.....famous last words!

Posted

I think it was my fault we got hail and a few snow showers I the region today as I spent the day cleaning my windows and washing my car... 

...I reckon if I get the sun lounger out on Saturday we might get some blizzards!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Maybe thats a plan.

Everyone get out their sun loungers,  BBQs and summer clothes.
That will make certain we get some snow or proper cold.
:D

Posted
3 hours ago, bobbydog said:

"juxtaposing" wasn't that a Status Quo song?.......

Nein..

You stumble across some funny things on the web. :D 

image.thumb.jpeg.fe0e7b09096e5e5229c4f69

A hard frost incoming.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Ooh 18 or 20C, we can wish! Don't mind if March is a bit wintry as long as April and especially May have some warm sunny spells. Everything seems to be running two months late again but I doubt our region will see much snow now.....famous last words!

Think the 'spring like' spell will be accompanied by a NW gale lol! I remember many years ago when we used to get weather in the SE , we had thunder snow from a northerly, it was great fun and the snow fell horizontally. Four inches in two hours:blink2::reindeer-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
2 hours ago, Kent Blizzard said:

An amazing Orange moon rising 

2 hours ago, Kent Blizzard said:

An amazing Orange moon rising here

Agreed @Kent Blizzard truly stunning! And now you can see Jupiter just to te left of the Moon. Apologies for photo, taken with phone! Have a nice evening! 

IMG_20160223_212229.thumb.jpg.a00729e75d

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So there is something to keep an eye on for Friday.

The models are potentially developing a disturbance ahead of the fronts to our west which brings an area of rain/sleet/snow north from the channel before this fizzles over the western side of East Anglia, there is a shallow wave on the east flank of that low coupled with an area of less cold 850s suggesting some sort of disturbance forming there.

69-515PUK.GIF?23-12   72-7PUK.GIF?23-12

I am not expecting much from the north at this time and any convective activity over the weekend is uncertain.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
38 minutes ago, Snoopie42 said:

Agreed @Kent Blizzard truly stunning! And now you can see Jupiter just to te left of the Moon. Apologies for photo, taken with phone! Have a nice evening! 

IMG_20160223_212229.thumb.jpg.a00729e75d

Thanks snoopie just gone out and had a look for myself is it the bright looking star just to the left ?

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1