Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Imogen

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, high winds, thunder, snow
Just now, Paul said:

theeo update from Jo:

Looks menacing for most of the south to be honest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
17 minutes ago, *Sub*Zero* said:

TORRO convective discussion been issued.

http://www.torro.org.uk/forecast.php

torro.thumb.jpg.edb24ee490f2cb31c33a1526

Already had some showers here, quite heavy but only lasting a few mins.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Persistent rain and gusts here, but not overly so here  in Wellington  Somerset ..(but i believe that the worst of the wind isn't due just yet ) .

The Met office have warned  about 60 - 70 mph winds , 80 mph locally . We are already sodden from yesterday 's rain and outlying villages are at risk of being cut off ...this is rain we could do without . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

I am slightly concerned about the wind I have to say, especially with the saturated ground. Lots of spruce forests will be demolished tomorrow and won't return to their current state for possibly 20 years.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Pity the rain this evening wasn't heavier as it may have cooled the air enough for something wintry. The brief spell of stronger winds for us possibly just showing on XCV weather then it fun time for the south of us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

6pm sat-img - very picturesque!

56b78d5a28c30_2016-02-07(1).thumb.png.82

The first batch of wind has started to pick up here..

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-17.54,53.50,3000/loc=-17.629,53.011

Not always accurate with the speeds (km/h) but i quite like it. I normally use this site for looking at hurricanes where graphic imagery/live location updates are sparse. Forecast models seem to suggest the area of strongest winds heading more south easterly or easterly from its current location.

I do look at storms heading our way sometime, and I have to say this seems to be more more organised than they normally appear both on the above and satellite imagery.
Will be interesting to see how the wind speeds correlate; or whether it just looks good haha.

I have taken a precaution in moving my bins away from the side path though, last thing i want is to pick up rubbish all over my front garden like the last storm with an amber wind warning for my area did!
(Having a southwest facing house means the alley path between myself and the neighbours house acts as a very effective wind tunnel! It is also where i keep those hideous wheelie bins; ergo the problem i had last time!!)

Edited by Rob Walker
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
7 minutes ago, Rob Walker said:

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-17.54,53.50,3000/loc=-17.629,53.011

Not always accurate with the speeds (km/h) but i quite like it. I normally use this site for looking at hurricanes where graphic imagery/live location updates are sparse. Forecast models seem to suggest the area of strongest winds heading more south easterly or easterly from its current location.

I do look at storms heading our way sometime, and I have to say this seems to be more more organised than they normally appear both on the above and satellite imagery.
Will be interesting to see how the wind speeds correlate; or whether it just looks good haha.

I have taken a precaution in moving my bins away from the side path though, last thing i want is to pick up rubbish all over my front garden like the last storm with an amber wind warning for my area did!
(Having a southwest facing house means the alley path between myself and the neighbours house acts as a very effective wind funnel! It is also where i keep those hideous wheelie bins; ergo the problem i had last time!!)

I've gone off of the nullschool one, i'm more of a windyty person. :)

https://www.windyty.com

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, SeanTynan said:

Tornadoes, really??

Heavy thundery showers are forecast so combined with the turbulent vortex effect of Storm Imogen driving their energy anything is possible!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
14 minutes ago, SeanTynan said:

Pat McArdle @patmcardle

164 kph gusts at the Fastnet Light

101 mph in old money

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Over 100 km/h at Capel Curig.

Stay safe folks - all is calm here in inland France and I'm going to be early to make up for last night's stormy awakening!

Posted
1 minute ago, SeanTynan said:

Hurricane force gust!

I've got a feeling if anything the national forecasts have underestimated this one!

• Like 2

Posted

To think a shift just 50 miles north would put more populated areas of England bang-on in the higher gusts windfield. Already got some strong gusts hitting the window here ahead of Imogen, and we're 100+ miles north of Birmingham.

Posted
1 minute ago, AdamStorm7891 said:

I've got a feeling if anything the national forecasts have underestimated this one!

this  could  be like  the  great storm  which  hit  the  se of  the uk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Latest gust predictions from the 12z ARPEGE, the far S/SW of Ireland, S/SW Wales and Cornwall getting the worse from Imogen then later in the day through the channel, could be some rough ferry crossings. 

ap16.thumb.png.f812fe9a568b9561be2ef4978ap17.thumb.png.63bd73c881d49a33c4263fad8ap19.thumb.png.18b1132181c547623a4a70d2fap18.thumb.png.08af9fd17c3a8907eee62329d