Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 2nd February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Surrey my god that looks insane...... !!!

Its still nice and clear in Sunny Essex

Just seen those charts and think mainly the South West will be affected but if that took a shift north a touch then ...... ramps and gfuqhgfpjhing will start again :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Ah @Surrey I am jealous! :D Nothing like that over my side of the county. Looked a bit menacing driving home, mind.

3 minutes ago, Flash Elvis said:

I take it back..... getting very menacing out to the west of me which is obviously what Surrey you are under I presume?

Yeah short but lively showers on my walk, another looks to be rolling in, walked through mental wind, hail, snow, lightning and rain in half hour.. That's the British weather in a nutshell! The temperature drop when a shower goes over is incredible 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 1

Posted

We had a massive hail shower about 4pm..presume that then headed your way. Now sleeting here with snow out in the wings by looks of it. Sadly for you guys it seems to turn to rain as soon as it hits Reading/wokingham

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Oh, only one light rain here. As reindeermarmalade said, I'm very jealous of your heavy shower. I can't wait until the first Spanish plume, sitting at night, looking out the window... 

32 minutes ago, Rain123 said:

Oh, only one light rain here. As reindeermarmalade said, I'm very jealous of your heavy shower. I can't wait until the first Spanish plume, sitting at night, looking out the window... 

Ahhh last year watching those elevated storms explode had 3 storms in one night the last I was under it with flashes every second with no thunder.. Quite something 

Posted
25 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Ahhh last year watching those elevated storms explode had 3 storms in one night the last I was under it with flashes every second with no thunder.. Quite something 

I remember that well...spectacular stuff. Tons of strobing that seemed to go on for hours and I even got some decent shots with my iPhone (that I subsequently managed to drown in a puddle in October). My Blitzortung app was in overdrive :D Rather hoping we get similar this summer.

5 minutes ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

I remember that well...spectacular stuff. Tons of strobing that seemed to go on for hours and I even got some decent shots with my iPhone (that I subsequently managed to drown in a puddle in October). My Blitzortung app was in overdrive :D Rather hoping we get similar this summer.

Oh don't this year.. It's going to be a gooden I feel 

• Like 1

Posted

NW radar showing some sleet/wet snow showers for our area atm...

Edited by mrkipling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:

Mainly fine Thursday with some sunshine. Conditions are relatively uncertain from Friday, however a trend to wetter and windier weather seems likely, perhaps culminating in some sleet and snow.

Updated at: 1413 on Tue 9 Feb 2016

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/mobile/forecast/u10k5fycd

Just seen that, at least a little something to watch for next few days.

Posted

Nice drenching cold rain showers  just passed did look a little sleety, horrible, we're so used to disappointments it would be marvellous if we got some short-term upgrades. London, SE and EA including the West Country are the most snow starved regions in the country therefore we ought to have a slice of whatever may come. It is an arduous journey.:hi:

Posted

I might use different tactics for this upcoming will it wont it scenario......and that's not to take any notice of the outputs, just use the traditional window, lamp post & TV forecasts, just like back in the good old days ;) 

Need a change of luck don't we!

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

If anybody lives on the hard shoulder or the central reservation of the M4 then you could potentially be in luck first thing on Sunday morning....don't say you haven't been warned! LOL:D Have a good day all!

h850t850eu.png

uksnowrisk.png

h850t850eu1.png

uksnowrisk1.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
1 minute ago, Surrey said:

Do not mention the dreaded m4 when it comes to snow :rofl:

I know Surrey, I feel your pain! Seems to be a pivotal geographic location that everything seems to happen either North or South of, have cursed it on a number of occasions especially when watching huge Thunder storms in the distance, waiting for a direct hit, then hearing all in Reading / Newbury getting them!! :angry: Seem like the hard shoulder may be my next abode! LOL

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Grey and damp start to the day, hopefully just a shower and the sun will come out soon. Bit of a breeze and feeling quite chilly at 5C.

Posted

Good grief :wallbash:

Obama climate initiative: Supreme Court calls halt - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-35538350

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
53 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Grey and damp start to the day, hopefully just a shower and the sun will come out soon. Bit of a breeze and feeling quite chilly at 5C.

Yep, exactly the same here. But look at all that lovely clear sky heading our direction on the Sat24 satellite. Hopefully should arrive by late morning. :)

56bb04e139079_CloudSatelliteWed10Feb09.1

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Had a few very light rain showers over night, did surprise me as they normally completely die before they reach here from that direction.

Temp 5.1 with a cold wind from the NNW with 30 mph gusts.

Posted

Not expecting much in the way of clear sky this way, perhaps the odd glimmer of sun through the clouds mid afternoon but that's about it. Tomorrow looking ok though for sunshine which will be nice.

I see the Precipitation is around on Saturday.......one to watch!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Going to rain at the weekend.:cray:Very disappointing because it is going to be cold for a change, but not cold enough for snow.:cray:Unless the flip flopping models flip flop before the weekend, for the 10th flip flopping time.:drunk-emoji::angry:

• Like 3