Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 2nd February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
1 hour ago, <<Ryan>> said:

Afraid not! I'm down that way again on Wednesday, but I'm pretty sure they will have replaced the shingle by then. They have 6-8 dumpers running back and forth, wont take long to fill the gap.

Wind is dying down here now, with the stronger gusts becoming further and further between one another.

Was that way myself today and the sea broke over the sea wall and into the main road at top tide about midway between Winchelsea and Pett.The first time I have seen the road full of stones for years!Highways were clearing up the mess.

• Like 1

Posted

Just read the last couple of pages and ihatecoldweather got a bit of a battering. Tbh though if I hadn't read any news or social media today then I'd tend to agree with ihcw as having been driving around the southern counties it hasn't really been particularly noteworthy - no trees down and little else to report. I've had worse days with a cm of snow on the road !  

Anyway that's what I'll put in my diary 

• Like 2

Posted

Nope...wasn't windy at all  :)

(credit for pics go to locals posting on the "We love Folkestone" page on Facebook)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

Having read through the replies sent to me, I find it rather disappointing and rather pathetic that you ask someone to leave because they disagree with you. 

I didn't feel the storm was noteworthy, it's not like I committed genocide.

Edited by ihatecoldweather
  • Like 7

Posted
47 minutes ago, sunnijim said:

Was that way myself today and the sea broke over the sea wall and into the main road at top tide about midway between Winchelsea and Pett.The first time I have seen the road full of stones for years!Highways were clearing up the mess.

And what do you know about weather then @sunnijim:D

Posted
1 hour ago, Paul Ashford said:

ihatecoldweather Do you see this button on your PC/Laptop/mobile?

simple-on-off-button_318-9894.jpg

Could you just press it once?

Thank you.

Saying something like that even though I had not posted for around 2 hours just shows you were trying to bait me, stir up an argument and just 'have a say'.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Met 12z valentines snow? Expect a huge rise in newborns later in the year if it comes off lol

Rukm1441.gif

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 6

Posted
11 minutes ago, leedsnowfan said:

And what do you know about weather then @sunnijim:D

I'm new to this hobby lsf,so be gentle! ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

It's almost weird hearing how quiet it is outside now :) 

I have mixed emotions about any snow potential now and I'm reluctant to retrieve my towel (though I'll be delighted if the weather gods stick two fingers up to me and bury me under snow :D)...I can't help but feel it's another goose chase. I haven't looked at the MOD thread for a while but I think it'd already disappeared for us on recent runs?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

Posted 17 minutes ago · Report post

1 hour ago,  Paul Ashford said: 

ihatecoldweather Do you see this button on your PC/Laptop/mobile?

Could you just press it once?

Thank you.

Saying something like that even though I had not posted for around 2 hours just shows you were trying to bait me, stir up an argument and just 'have a say'.

Like this

The problem is IHCW is that your posts sound like you are gunning for an argument most of the time. You may, or may not, have a point but it comes across as if you want to ' take on' most of the other posters 

on the forum. Just let it slide past you like most do on here. It's only weather..........we've past Imogene and are now looking at possible ( as if ) snow soon. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

From Ian Fergusson: To cite the UKMO Chief:"The (12z) UKMO-GM is considered to offer good guidance until around T+72, (but) beyond this - forecast detail, particularly in the S - is not to be trusted. The latest EC serves to highlight this uncertainty, offering a considerably different evolution by bringing milder air much further N, with snow over Scottish mountains.... "A broad trough over the US looks set to develop a triple point Low as it moves E over an old WBPT plume enhanced as it moves into the warm Atlantic waters....and with the Low yet to develop we are likely to continue to see large model-model differences in the precise evolution...." (and re snow signal in south into weekend) - "Given the uncertainty with developments, it is difficult to rule anything out at this stage. Current indications from ensemble products are that the risk of anything significant (at low levels in the south) is low."

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Well i have been at work all day, and normally the first thing i do is catch up and read  through all of the posts, wish i hadn't now, normally i enjoy reading all of the posts, any way, the wind has died down a lot here now, still quite windy at times, at least i didn't get much rain here .

Well heres to more will it or wont it weather, ah the good old British weather :p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
1 minute ago, Jo S said:

Well i have been at work all day, and normally the first thing i do is catch up and read  through all of the posts, wish i hadn't now, normally i enjoy reading all of the posts, any way, the wind has died down a lot here now, still quite windy at times, at least i didn't get much rain here .

Well heres to more will it or wont it weather, ah the good old British weather :p

Aahhh Jo, a nice, smiley, cheeky poster...how we have missed you today! How's the haunted mansion? :)

• Like 1

Posted

I bet a lot of people on here say Thank God that Bonkers woman isnt on here, writing her none informative rubbish :wink:, Ah things still rattling,groaning and creaking, and for the Mansion , not too bad :laugh:

• Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, ihatecoldweather said:

Great, your post has done nothing but try and re-ignite the issue, but at least you got your say!

On the contrary, only one person seems bothered by the post.

Anyways, a tad blowy here today, but nothing too bad in this little part of the world.

• Like 1

Posted

its a start looking on the net weather snow risk, starting at 18%, on Thursday for about one minute :p, then staying the same, and on the 14th gone up to 32%, woop woop, well its better than nothing, and knowing my luck, will be nothing :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Just watched the BBC weather and that Hammond bloke said that the track of the low pressure systems will be further south, pulling in easterly winds, with rain turning to snow at the weekend. Have to rely on the beeb for weather now, since Weatherweb has gone all fancy pants and started charging for their services.:(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, snowray said:

The Arpege seems to be the most bullish for tomorrows potential snow. Probably all end up way further South, UKMO show it just clipping the coast.

arpege-1-22-0.png

The meridian forecast just said a few light showers may clip the coast, and only showed rain.

Posted

Well wit a day that was noteworthy as it took an awfully long time on southeastern to get home. Few fence panels down. And now look blinking snow possible and me I am nipping off for some winter sun and the flipping jet has nosedived and Valencia looks warm and windy. All got a bit heated in here today........ let's all play nicely whilst I am away lol

• Like 1

Posted

Despite the disturbances :blink2:

We're all a nice bunch of people well I'd like to think so, never be afraid to post I say that to all more people's input is what makes this thread more enjoyable to read, more you have of something the more problems you potentially have but it shouldn't be like that.

On a new chapter regarding tomorrow morning there is a slight I stress slight chance of snow despite those parameters not being the greatest *with aid of evaporative cooling*. 

Night folks. :) 

image.thumb.gif.c9b28627f7c7cfa82598b4adimage.thumb.gif.455edf2f8ec0ff30a5311f89image.thumb.gif.78fbf4df747f247c138fa3de

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

Posted

Why hate on imby-isums? Isn't that what this forum is built on? Otherwise the MetO might as well have one UK station in the middle of England and call it point Alpha, and the whole forum is commenting on the 47mph gust at point Alpha today! 

For what it's worth, today was just an average winter storm here today but I wasn't in a warning area.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
7 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Despite the disturbances :blink2:

We're all a nice bunch of people well I'd like to think so, never be afraid to post I say that to all more people's input is what makes this thread more enjoyable to read, more you have of something the more problems you potentially have but it shouldn't be like that.

On a new chapter regarding tomorrow morning there is a slight I stress slight chance of snow despite those parameters not being the greatest *with aid of evaporative cooling*. 

Night folks. :) 

image.thumb.gif.c9b28627f7c7cfa82598b4adimage.thumb.gif.455edf2f8ec0ff30a5311f89image.thumb.gif.78fbf4df747f247c138fa3de

Its Snowing in South Gloucestershire, therefore, the risk shown on that chart wasn't far off, albeit slightly earlier than predicted? A slight chance for some in the region also on Saturday from 12pm to 12am Sunday if the low pressure system can drag enough cold air in on its NW flank...... still a little way off, but none the less, one to watch over the next few days...some of us may get lucky. Have a good day all!:D

h850t850eu.png

uksnowrisk.png

Posted
10 hours ago, Snoopie42 said:

I must admit I am really dissapointed with this thread today....I have been a member of Netweather for a fair few years now, not as long as most of you, maybe more than some. I have spent a lot of time learning from the various threads over time and 'think' I have enough knowledge and confidence to post my thoughts and opinions and that is thanks to the various posters from all of the threads, including some of the serial posters on this thread. Have always been a little apprehensive of actually posting until I felt I could either add something positive to the discussion or maybe even pass on the knowledge that I have gained to some that are new to this complicated and fascinating subject!  Finally felt confident and comfortable to finally post and chose this thread because, I am from the Region, and more importantly I knew, from many years of reading in the shadows, it was friendly, light hearted and seems a lot less stressful than the MOD thread. Have really enjoyed posting the last couple of weeks and being part of the discussions regarding the potential of a storm and then actual storm to arrive. When Imogen did actually materialise, after a lot of model watching and discussion, whilst this thread should have been buzzing and informative it's been quite the opposite, which is a real shame for the daily posters and actual weather enthusiasts that have visited to get involved with meaningful discussion or to gain further insight. This was an event today, whatever your preference or opinion, just gutted that the thread was ruined by IMBYisms and petty arguments which made the thead very hard to follow and probably put off members from posting anything insightful, which is a shame....let's not make it the MOD thread! Apologies for long post....rant over! 

Hear hear!

We all know weather is, at best, unpredictable . Just because something happened 10  miles up the road to you and you didn't experience it doesn't mean it didn't happen!!

( Not you personally! Just in general)

Edited by Frosty hollows
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Grey start to the day here but dry, the wind has died off pretty much completely which is nice. Sounds almost too quiet out there lol, suppose I've just gotten used to a constant howling wind!

As for yesterday's unpleasantness, it's a shame it happened but sometimes people bicker in life. No biggie and hopefully everyone involved can just move on and not make a huge drama out of it. This thread is normally very friendly and I'm sure it'll continue to be so. Plus there's some interesting weather to come later this week possibly.....:)

• Like 1