Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 2nd February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Gale force 9 being shown in the Channel now, 

Gale Force 9

Plenty of Cargo giving it a go though :) http://shipfinder.co/

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
Just now, madmunch said:

Gentlemen please....

Your arguing is starting to make the Model Discussion look quite serene :rofl:

Take notice of what the pretty lady says

In other news, does nobody else here work?! My excuse is I booked the day off, have to use up my holiday before end of March

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 minute ago, steveinsussex said:

In other news, does nobody else here work?! My excuse is I booked the day off, have to use up my holiday before end of March

Week off work here :) Picked a wrong 'un though!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
10 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

I'm working :)  My colleagues are looking at me wondering why i've got steam coming out of my ears - they'd find it hilarious if they actually knew the weather was the reason why!!

I'm up near brighton station, on the 7th floor - it's wild out there - looking forward to the school run.

Edited by Alpine glow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Just seen some toys blowing around on the wind.. Either that or they are just getting thrown :cc_confused:

Well came back on thread to check in on reports to find bickering.  This event is not over yet so why not analyse it after its all over as to who was right and who was wrong etc.. Suddenly brightening up here after a very very afternoon..  Well it's trying to anyway.  Still pretty gusty and squally showers here blowing through. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Not too bad here at the moment, my thoughts are turning to snow at the weekend *scratches chin in deep thought* does anyone else see any potential? Judging by the past attempts at snow, this snow cup below may come in handy again.  I didn't fill it last time.:rofl:

1 minute ago, madmunch said:

Gentlemen please....

Your arguing is starting to make the Model Discussion look quite serene :rofl:

Not possible:nonono:

images-1.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
13 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

Yes and as stated yesterday cancelled a meeting over in Essex as guessed the closure of the Dartford Bridge and the tunnels will be chaos, it's crazy at the best of times that place! But am lucky most of the time can work and play in the office :) perks of working for myself I guess (Freelancer).

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Just been down to Winchelsea. Sea is eroding the wall fast, just 4-6ft left in one particular area.  Emergency repairs being undertaken now. A couple of large branches down along the way, but nothing too serious in my area that I've seen so far. 

Looking forward to the possibility of snow later this week/weekend :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Nothing to measure it with at work, but it seems like it is less windy here now in Burgess Hill than it was 3 or 4 hours ago.

talk of 1987 is silly, it's not been even as windy as it was couple of years ago when we had all those wind storms one after the other blowing in, I saw 78mph then in Peacehaven where I used to live on my garden weather station, today its only got to 44mph. 

Posted

QE2 (Dartford) & Sheppey Bridge closed and causing long delays if anyone travels that way!

Gatwick warning that flights could be delayed, I wonder if our forum friend from the other day got away ok?

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
1 hour ago, Alpine glow said:

To be honest I don't care what you think.  I am not so stupid as to be so bold as to say it was going to be 1987 again as i'd open myself up to people like you.  There are too many of them about.

Indeed.

Came home from work fence panel in garden but other than that atm not much more.

Posted

Took off from Gatwick at 1501 in the end (a forty minute delay) and it wasn't too bad. Certainly blustery and quite bumpy through the clouds but smoothed out pretty quickly.  A couple of planes did have to go around before landing though and I saw a few wobbling badly on descent. From a selfish point of view nowhere near as bad as I'd feared though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

So happy I cut down my 3 trees near the house in December. One tree's roots had lifted some of the patio tiles, made a right mess, tree surgeon said it was the tiles that stopped this furn tree from toppling over. Could have just pruned but got so much more sunlight now and no more worries, after all its bloody windy virtually every day and watching them gave me high blood pressure!:D