Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 2nd February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
Just now, Wivenswold said:

I know, I keep telling myself that it'll just be a normal storm but this one feels different. That "otherness" which, looking back, I can remember on the eve of the 1987. Maybe I've just had too much red wine though. 

I totally resonate. Occasionally it's a constant roar. It makes me want to stay up to see what happens. I doubt if it will be like 87 (if it is no doubt I'll wake up) but I know what you mean by feeling it could possibly become close

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

If we're getting multiple squall lines, thunder and damaging winds now then tomorrow could well bring worse, especially if more showers/squalls develop. 

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT

Some oddly worrying roaring gusts on and off here. 

• Like 1

Posted

I do not think this storm will be like 87.  No leaves on trees wind not so strong.  But this storm will be making the news headlines because it is hitting highly populated areas.  

Squall line has hut me here.  No thunder just intense rain and wind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Clearing the London area now, gone all quiet here.

Posted

Had an impressive squall a couple of hours ago, probably the most intense of the winter. It's fairly calm now though. 

Posted
  • Location: greenhithe, kent (nr bluewater) 51.45216 n 0.25966 e
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter hot in summer

i am watching that 2nd batch which will hit later the 1 shaped like j off the english channel

43.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

That wind sure is getting intense, just open my window to see how strong it is since I could hear it with my headphones on, and it nearly blew my window off its hatches.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter hot in summer

do you think that a sting jet is possible tommorrow 

Posted

Another nice squall passing now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
Just now, greenhithe said:

do you think that a sting jet is possible tommorrow 

I doubt it, it's a mature system I think, or are tomorrows winds caused by another wave like tonight's?

Posted

Winds died right down after that shower passed. gusting between 30 and 40 mph now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Well I was just logging in to say how some of the reports that I have been reading in here and especially the south west thread are crazy.. And I was going to say how calm it here.  Was very windy earlier and some heavier gusts thrown in but nothing much.  As I logged in to report it, the rain started hammering on the window and the wind started picking up again..  Read reports of rain so intense its going through a ceiling, and thundery and lightning almost simultaneously.  Plus some very intense gusts and squall lines.  Nothing that bad here,  but hope my family in Kent and essex don't come off too bad. Well after that little outburst out there its all gone calm again ☺

Edited by Hearts in Herts
  • Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Calm before the storm....

Blimy no thanks, all the kids caught out in this weather at around 8:30 and 3:00, not good. Next squall going through gusting at about 56.

Posted

Well I finally managed to get some sleep and was surprised how quiet it was when I woke up just before 5. But since then the wind has intensified. I'm seriously not looking forward to working out in it until 2. Wish me luck!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, high winds, thunder, snow

Morning folks well I got woken up by that crazy squall line about 11pm last night there wasn't any thunder here but the rain was pounding it down, sounded like it was going to cave the roof in and wind was absolutely roaring easily 50-60mph for a short time possibly more and it was lashing the rain against my bedroom window. It went quiet after that but the wind has started getting up again in the last half hour or so, just abouts to set off for work and it's already roaring, must be 40'ish and not expecting the peak until lunchtime. I think we might see something over 60 even this far inland, wish me luck out there lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
1 minute ago, AdamStorm7891 said:

Morning folks well I got woken up by that crazy squall line about 11pm last night there wasn't any thunder here but the rain was pounding it down, sounded like it was going to cave the roof in and wind was absolutely roaring easily 50-60mph for a short time possibly more and it was lashing the rain against my bedroom window. It went quiet after that but the wind has started getting up again in the last half hour or so, just abouts to set off for work and it's already roaring, must be 40'ish and not expecting the peak until lunchtime. I think we might see something over 60 even this far inland, wish me luck out there lol.

Best of Luck Adam...stay safe and hold onto your hat....If you have one that is! Have a good day! 

Posted

Morning  all radar saying some big storms heading our way during the  morning  off to work soon should be interesting  I work outside!,,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, high winds, thunder, snow
Just now, Snoopie42 said:

Best of Luck Adam...stay safe and hold onto your hat....If you have one that is! Have a good day! 

Lol cheers, well hat or hood I'm going to get wet and windswept.