Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 2nd February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Location: greenhithe, kent (nr bluewater) 51.45216 n 0.25966 e
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter hot in summer
  • Location: greenhithe, kent (nr bluewater) 51.45216 n 0.25966 e

50 MPH here in nw kent  which is F9   which is bad enough but as for monday i am expecting much worse

p.s railwaylines  are already being blocked due to wind

Posted

Once it do get here it's going to be a bit wet  over night!,,,

Posted
59 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

We've had a 60mph gust in the last hour and now the rain has arrived. Gusts seem to be lessening

Famous last words! Winds picked up again as a squall went through and was very nasty for about 20 minutes. Cue daughter needing a lift. Ironically last time she wanted picking up was Valentine's 2014. Weather on a par with that albeit for a short time. Hoping it will now start to calm down.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Keeping a beady eye on the forecasted winds for Monday, don't fancy being on the M25 riding a motorbike in what *may* happen!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
5 minutes ago, anything-but said:

Keeping a beady eye on the forecasted winds for Monday, don't fancy being on the M25 riding a motorbike in what *may* happen!

I'm still waiting for today's forecast winds, it's been windy but nothing more than anything up north has produced so far this year. It must be with the rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

:blink2:

image.thumb.jpeg.e392182e9e7bc2f3be78907

Horrid! Worst gusts for my area, boo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Extremely windy hear, the tv Aerial rattling away on my roof, dont think i will get much sleep tonight . i will be going nuts hearing it rattle above my head :crazy:, raining here too, and not had rain for a while have we :p,watching my bin bags moving around the garden, ah the excitement :wink:

Edited by Jo S
  • Like 2

Posted

I see on the BBC news the next named storm is Imogen things are looking lively  to say  the lest in our part  on Monday  morning

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Really strong gusts here, my fences are wobbling, and swaying, open plan garden maybe by the morning :unsure2:, reckon some trees will be blown over, going to be fun along the country lanes tom morning on the way to work, cat flap, flapping around,everything's flapping and wobbling around , out side that is :p My place sounds like a haunted mansion, except its not a mansion, its a bungalow :p, every things creaking  and groaning

Edited by Jo S
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A wee bit breezy today in Cambridge. Not a lot else was going on with an endless stream of low level cloud.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I said on Tuesday my eyes were on Monday & that's certainly not changed as we head nearer.

Quite windy here tonight, if it plans out as expected could be some damage & dusruption around by end of Monday unfortunately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

well we just had an absolute deluge here, I was just getting to sleep and now the roads have turned briefly into rivers. Well that's the winter 2013/14 torrential downpours added to the list for this winter now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

whooa what a rough evening now.just started to kick off here heavy rain and gusts!

Posted

A rough day here the windiest in a long time....a few violent gusts, v wet as well.

Quite a good snow event for Tuesday a day after the gales perhaps severe gales for London & Home Counties oh boy it would be nice! As a shortwave moves over us, consistently being modelled even by high res NMM. It would most likely be that very wet type of snowfall that sticks to everything...fingers crossed as it has passed 3 years in London of not having a proper snowfall, very overdue is it not?  In these barren times. 

image.thumb.png.1f7f532c6e353a36c19aa001image.thumb.png.e778b624a294196ebd6686ba

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
5 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

A rough day here the windiest in a long time....a few violent gusts, v wet as well.

Quite a good snow event for Tuesday a day after the gales perhaps severe gales for London & Home Counties oh boy it would be nice! As a shortwave moves over us, consistently being modelled even by high res NMM. It would most likely be that very wet type of snowfall that sticks to everything...fingers crossed as it has passed 3 years in London of not having a proper snowfall, very overdue is it not?  In these barren times. 

image.thumb.png.1f7f532c6e353a36c19aa001image.thumb.png.e778b624a294196ebd6686ba

Would be nice to see tomorrows runs still showing this little feature, bit of excitement if the Met office come on board, I bet they have got their eye on this and hoping Noooooo.....after all its heading straight for London.:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jo S said:

Really strong gusts here, my fences are wobbling, and swaying, open plan garden maybe by the morning :unsure2:, reckon some trees will be blown over, going to be fun along the country lanes tom morning on the way to work, cat flap, flapping around,everything's flapping and wobbling around , out side that is :p My place sounds like a haunted mansion, except its not a mansion, its a bungalow :p, every things creaking  and groaning

Lol , jo everything in Cumbria wobbles!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Hi @Amanda the strongest winds are on the coast reported winds talk of 60-70 across south east

Posted
49 minutes ago, amanda2012 said:

@Kent Blizzard hi what kinds of gusts do u think London will see Monday/Tuesday? Thanks quite worried 

Hi Amanda, 

This is from GFS 18z a slight tone down with swathe of strongest winds slightly further north compared to 12z nonetheless London right in the path of worst winds according to this, the south coast will not be seeing the worst Inland will to your distress. 

image.thumb.png.266a95efc3daf7ca54980b68image.thumb.png.f4e44d11b176cfc2f53a2022image.thumb.png.79a1405335484cd54a031b46

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

will be in  the  garden this morning putting things in the garage   just in case!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely sunny morning so far here, not much wind either :D