Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Worse than Obama? Seriously? Myself and my American friends think he is one of the best leaders they have had for a long time. Straight talking, no BS. Ok, any leader is going to do something some may

Why is Farage parading around as some envoy between the UK and US? He's not an MP, he represents nobody. He's an MEP but never bothers to turn up. Why doesn't he do his job for a change the contemptib

Posted Images

Looking at the shoulder stats in the US polls and unless Clinton implodes she will romp home.

 

Based on the latest State by State polls Clinton has 368 to 170 (270 wins),  a landslide.

Trump is well behind in the larger swing states such as Florida, Ohio & Pennsylvania and even losing in normally solid Republican states like Georgia & North Carolina.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Clinton might as well just keep quiet and let motor mouth continue to crash his campaign.

You are correct,Trump is continually putting his foot in it.He needs to keep quiet and let the truth come out about Hillary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2016 at 23:13, Snow phall said:

Trump is a businessman,right now he is telling his supporters what they want to hear,to win.If he gets in he might do half of what he promises,but i doubt it.

If it was my vote,i would go with the lesser of two evils.

That was the position I held before he won the nomination, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. But nothing can justify - let alone explain - his loose lips now, the assassination reference is pretty clear. A few months ago I said on here, go and have a look at interviews of Trump from the 1980s on youtube, there is an articulate, thoughtful and highly intelligent guy there able to speak about some of the big issues - with compassion. Perhaps he has lost some of his mental faculties along the way, I really think that line is worth considering. If I was an American citizen I would abstain from voting. Still remarkable that Hillary only leads by 7 points nationally and the swing states aren't in her favor by big margins. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Styx said:

 Still remarkable that Hillary only leads by 7 points nationally and the swing states aren't in her favor by big margins. 

Not sure I agree totally with that comment. There are 11 main swing states in the US, for me a swing state should see margins in and around 4 percentage points either side of the line, based on the latest state polling the margin of lead in each swing state for Clinton is(Electoral college votes in brackets):

Colorado(9) +4, Florida (29) +1, Iowa (6) +4, Michigan (16) +9, Nevada (6) +2, New Hampshire (4) +17, North Carolina (15) +1, Ohio (18) +5, Penn (20) +11, Virginia (13) +12 and Wisconsin (10) +15

Only Florida, Nevada & North Carolina are true swing states now, the problem is Trump needs all these states to win, not going to happen.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Not sure I agree totally with that comment. There are 11 main swing states in the US, for me a swing state should see margins in and around 4 percentage points either side of the line, based on the latest state polling the margin of lead in each swing state for Clinton is(Electoral college votes in brackets):

Colorado(9) +4, Florida (29) +1, Iowa (6) +4, Michigan (16) +9, Nevada (6) +2, New Hampshire (4) +17, North Carolina (15) +1, Ohio (18) +5, Penn (20) +11, Virginia (13) +12 and Wisconsin (10) +15

Only Florida, Nevada & North Carolina are true swing states now, the problem is Trump needs all these states to win, not going to happen.

 

Trump's doing a sterling job of running Hillary's campaign though? You can say what you like about the man but he sure as heck isn't anally retentive...Every time he opens his mouth...:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you just focus on the states where Hillary is 10%+ ahead in the polls, she is just 7 seats short of winning from those alone...

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2016/08/12/just-focusing-on-the-state-where-hillary-clinton-has-10-leads-shes-only-7-seats-short-in-the-electoral-college/

Trump has Everest to climb.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Well I sure hope they rig it better than the Remainers rigged our EU ref.

If it hadn't been for pesky Farage and his "don't use a pencil" advice, we would've gotten away with it.

Convention dictates that the 2 candidates engage in one or more TV debates, but will Trump go ahead with it? He'll probably have to for fear of being labelled a coward. He'll get eviscerated when questioned on any matter of substance of course, but he and his supporters will blame it on the biased, liberal media as usual.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

If it hadn't been for pesky Farage and his "don't use a pencil" advice, we would've gotten away with it.

Convention dictates that the 2 candidates engage in one or more TV debates, but will Trump go ahead with it? He'll probably have to for fear of being labelled a coward. He'll get eviscerated when questioned on any matter of substance of course, but he and his supporters will blame it on the biased, liberal media as usual.

Convention also dictates that presidential candidates release their tax returns, but he has failed/refused to do so.

Link to post
Share on other sites

America leads the way as always.

After previously electing it's first black president it is now about to either elect it's first woman or orange one. :hi:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Nick L said:

It's quite logical really. Trump's opinion of himself is so high that in his mimd the only possible way he can lose is if the other side cheats. 

The problem is, there's people who will believe him,  and unfortunately it could get very nasty if/when he does lose. I hesitate to say it,  but people will lose thier lives due to this. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

It's quite logical really. Trump's opinion of himself is so high that in his mimd the only possible way he can lose is if the other side cheats. 

The problem is, there's people who will believe him,  and unfortunately it could get very nasty if/when he does lose. I hesitate to say it,  but people will lose thier lives due to this. 

He'll just blame Muslims or Obama or something. Never his fault.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Secret Ledger in Ukraine Lists Cash for Donald Trump’s Campaign Chief

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/15/us/politics/paul-manafort-ukraine-donald-trump.html?_r=0

So is Trump really a Putin puppet (or his b*tch as the protestor indelicately put it)? I don't buy that, but Putin certainly recognises an absolute chump when he sees one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The PIT said:

Trump to change policy from nation building to crushing ISIS

And no doubt take us along for the ride, although something does need to be done about isis.

Edited by alexisj9
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't crush an idealogy. What you can do is remove the building blocks of the hate. Destabilization, funding wars and terror groups would be a start.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Nope what your saying here. :gathering: dig even deeper.

 

One of the first rules of the web. Anything which declares itself "The truth", is a big fat lie!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...