• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Worse than Obama? Seriously? Myself and my American friends think he is one of the best leaders they have had for a long time. Straight talking, no BS. Ok, any leader is going to do something some may

Why is Farage parading around as some envoy between the UK and US? He's not an MP, he represents nobody. He's an MEP but never bothers to turn up. Why doesn't he do his job for a change the contemptib

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Weather Clive said:

Its a great shame that Trump has been allowed to hijack the GOP race, my friends in America and are not happy to have him - a former Democrat amongst other things - as the candidate. 

Can't say I'm a fan of Trump, but if I was in the US and a republican, I definitely wouldn't complain about Trump being the nominee given what a disgusting human being the runner up is:

2 hours ago, Weather Clive said:

Its a great shame that Trump has been allowed to hijack the GOP race, my friends in America and are not happy to have him - a former Democrat amongst other things - as the candidate. 

You honestly believe Trump is a liberal? He was a businessman e.g. his political beliefs/donations were whatever got him the most money. Oh and neocons were the initial hijackers.

Edited by Snowy L

Trump implicating Ted Cruz's father in the assassination of JFK:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/05/trump-ted-cruz-father-222730

:shok:

The GOP nomination race gets madder by the moment.

To be fair, Rafael Cruz is a pretty awful human being who once flogged religious dietary supplements to the credulous and vulnerable.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/05/trump-ted-cruz-father-222730

:shok:

The GOP nomination race gets madder by the moment.

To be fair, Rafael Cruz is a pretty awful human being who once flogged religious dietary supplements to the credulous and vulnerable.

Ted's dad was on the grassy knoll, was he? Did he also spirit Elvis away to some exotic island?:shok:

28 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

I can see a similar last minute scandal in the General Election campaign here tomorrow, just one day from the vote...

SNP accuse - as a key policy in the SNP manifesto - Labour's Kezia Dugdale of anti-Semitism, while the Tories accuse the SNP of being complicit in the assassination of JFK.

Ok, while the latter possibility is not actually that far fetched given past history, this is so not going to happen. Thank god it's all rather normal and about the NHS, education, UK, EU etc.

Edited by scottish skier

Lying Teds big last stand sinking like a boat with a hole.. Trump wins Indiana and it looks a big win 9 percent in Trump 54.4 percent Lying Ted 32.4.. Trump on course to take all the delegates again 

Looks like Ted Cruz is about to end his campaign. Better late than never I guess.

This could also have a huge effect on the Dem side too, if it's not too late:

Independents will stop voting tactically for/against Trump, many going to Sanders

Trump will start attacking Hillary, and most likely bring up a lot of things that Bernie never mentioned

Might give Sanders a bit of a boost. Probably nowhere near enough, but you never know.

Edited by Sainsbo

Superb result for the Donald....no chance of a contested convention now, so with all his focus on the race for the top prize I really would not want to be in Clintons shoes, because by the time he's finished with her she won't know if it's Shrove Tuesday or Sheffield Wednesday. Bring it on!!

7 minutes ago, coldcomfort said:

Superb result for the Donald....no chance of a contested convention now, so with all his focus on the race for the top prize I really would not want to be in Clintons shoes, because by the time he's finished with her she won't know if it's Shrove Tuesday or Sheffield Wednesday. Bring it on!!

Its rather like someone from UKIP hijacking the Conservative Party - it will turn off a lot of natural Republican voters, you are very much mistaken if you think he will win.

7 minutes ago, Weather Clive said:

Its rather like someone from UKIP hijacking the Conservative Party - it will turn off a lot of natural Republican voters, you are very much mistaken if you think he will win.

Agh right, no doubt just as mistaken as those wise old sages in the know who said he would never be the GOP nominee. Unfortunately just like those wise old sages you are basing your assumption on history; they have be proven massively wrong and the chances are so might you be in the fullness of time. I think everyone now accepts that times they are a changing and very little can now be taken for granted based on historical precedents, it's all about the here and now......and in the here and now Trump is trumping everything put in front of him. 

Edited by coldcomfort
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, coldcomfort said:

Agh right, no doubt just as mistaken as those wise old sages in the know who said he would never be the GOP nominee. Unfortunately just like those wise old sages you are basing your assumption on history; they have be proven massively wrong and the chances are so might you be in the fullness of time. I think everyone now accepts that times they are a changing and very little can now be taken for granted based on historical precedents, it's all about the here and now......and in the here and now Trump is trumping everything put in front of him. 

Could be a lot of cringing embarrassed politicians in the UK for the foreseeable.

29 minutes ago, kent said:

Could be a lot of cringing embarrassed politicians in the UK for the foreseeable.

Considering how close he was to both the Clintons back in the day one can only guess at the amount of verifiable dirt he will have on them, probably boatloads I suspect. She is going to need to tread very carefully from hereon in, because if push comes to shove I've no doubt he will say and do whatever it takes to get him over the line.....look out Hilary, the Donald is coming for ya:D

Edited by coldcomfort
  • Like 3

Before some get too excited it's worth saying that Trump still needs 1150-1200 to win otherwise the establishment can screw him once delegates become unbound. So the maths is that there are 502 delegates remaining and Trump needs about 40% of them to breach 1150 (he bribes enough Cruz+Rubio delegates to his side if he reaches that mark). With it being a two horse race now though all states are winner takes all and Calafornia holds ~34% of remaining delegates.

Moral of the story is that he has work to do given how unpopular he is with the establishment. 

59 minutes ago, coldcomfort said:

Considering how close he was to both the Clintons back in the day one can only guess at the amount of verifiable dirt he will have on them, probably boatloads I suspect. She is going to need to tread very carefully from hereon in, because if push comes to shove I've no doubt he will say and do whatever it takes to get him over the line.....look out Hilary, the Donald is coming for ya:D

Boatloads of verifiable dirt? What like spilling the beans on Cruz's father plotting to kill JFK?

He's a loose cannon so he'll probably continue to say out loud whatever comes into his head, but it's a dangerous path. If he wants to go that way, perhaps he will be asked to clarify his own father's role in the KKK? Of course, like all narcissistic bullies, when any such thing is mentioned he flies into a petty rage and threatens to sue everyone in sight.

More likely is that the Democrats will relentlessly target his personal business failings (4 chapter 11 bankruptcies in 25 years). That said, the US does have a ton of debt, so maybe he's just the man to write it all off. :)

Edit: Ex-England Rugby International Brian Moore sums it up rather pithily. 

Bojo, perhaps?

Edited by Yarmy
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, summer blizzard said:

Before some get too excited it's worth saying that Trump still needs 1150-1200 to win otherwise the establishment can screw him once delegates become unbound. So the maths is that there are 502 delegates remaining and Trump needs about 40% of them to breach 1150 (he bribes enough Cruz+Rubio delegates to his side if he reaches that mark). With it being a two horse race now though all states are winner takes all and Calafornia holds ~34% of remaining delegates.

Moral of the story is that he has work to do given how unpopular he is with the establishment. 

Trump has won... Its a no contest 1047 has them 50  anyways from last week who would vote for him in first ballot so really 1097, Oh and Trump leaves that poor man john kasich in the dust in all states to vote, Hence why Cruz stopped embarrassing him self...

john kasich though a man who is 4th in a 2 man race... Less delegates then little marco.

Establishment and NeverTrump wasted hundreds of millions of dollar... Yet lost to a man who spent less then 1 million dollars on his campaign. A man people said had no chance a man people said was a joke. Yet now people on here from the left still call him that... 

Their think easy win for crooked Hillary... Yeah people said that about that man called Jeb Bush in a 17 man and woman field  of candidates... Who had all the money anyone could ask chucked at Trump, Yet comes out shining of roses, Hillary on the other hand has had a very very easy ride pretty much non contested and shes been the democratic in waiting since the start, 

Poor girl not going to know what hit her :) State secretes... need i say more... Economy her husband signed the worst trade deal in the history of the USA NAFTA ....security benghazi shes going to be toast  

Edited by lfcdude
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

I think even the GOP have given up trying now, the chairman of the RNC tweeted this earlier on:

Cali is a long way away, but Trump is polling ~50% there, in polls involving both Cruz and Kasich. As it stands there's a chance he'd win Cali even if 100% of Cruz voters went to Kasich, and I don't think that'll happen. Guess we'll have to wait and see though!

I'm still convinced Kasich is just doing a giant eating tour around the states and has forgot he's actually running for president

Kasich couldn't run for a bus, he is another dead man walking just like Lying Ted was this time yesterday....the Donald is home and dry as far as the nomination is concerned, it's now just about how much unity he can bring to the party and who will be his VP. 

John Kasich is making a speech at 5pm EST he will be announcing he is officially giving up on his food eating tour and suspending his campaign 

Looks like he going to be out of a job soon aswell!

The Ohio Democratic party has released a statement on Kasich’s reported decision to drop out of the presidential race.

The local Democrats aren’t happy about how the Republican governor, whose current second term is up in 2018, has been spending his 2016.

“Since last March, Governor John Kasich has spent more than 200 days out of state, pursuing his presidential ambitions and ignoring the needs of the people of Ohio,” the statement reads. It goes on to correctly spell “gallivanting”:

...It’s time that Ohio had a governor who was actually doing something about all of that, rather than gallivanting across the country.

In addition, we hope that the Kasich administration will provide a full accounting of the cost to Ohio taxpayers and Kasich’s campaign will reimburse the state for every single penny that his failed campaign cost the taxpayers of Ohio.

Edited by lfcdude

I had a great conversation with a great French colleague a few weeks ago over lunch. No alcohol, so straight talking!

I told her that we could never have a President of the United States called Trump

Why?

Because, I told here, in Yorkshire (no doubt elsewhere as well) a "trump" is a "fart".

We cannot have a President Fart.

We laughed all the way back to work, and I learned a lot more French rude words and their English equivalents!