Sign in to follow this  
Weather-history

US Politics

1 hour ago, skifreak said:

It's all been covered about ten times already by others but you clearly ain't taking any notice !

Well thats very nice please explain here now.. But this thread is about trump Unless you want to admit the SNP messed up with Trump its your own point of view.. Not mine to me he is doing fantastic 

After all a party saying he gone beyond the pale.. but He was their ambassador till 3 days ago... what ever way you look its funny,, sorry could not dismiss him till he said this... Bull

Hi Trump were the SNP please continue to be a ambassador for business... OK Well here r my views.. Thats fantastic just never mention them... Sorry u said that religion of hate.. were done with u Donald 

Donald fantastic thats how he is.. its fantastic.. the UK press have no idea with Donald.. He is not hard to work out in fact faily easy watch all the USA apprentice and yeh you can work him out 

Edited by lfcdude

4 hours ago, lfcdude said:

Ok then fantastic yet their show adds for beer and so on.. even in pg films.. but wont have a ad with the lords pray since a group of people will complain 

This topic is about trump so lets get back on subject 

Reports say ‪#‎ISIS‬ now has a passport machine to have its believers infiltrate our country. I told you so! We need to protect our homeland - and make it safe for all citizens. We need leadership! ‪#‎Trump2016‬

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/11/politics/isis-passports/

Washington (CNN)A new intelligence report shared with law enforcement warns of ISIS' ability to create passports utilizing seized Syrian government assets, according to a law enforcement official with direct knowledge of the intelligence report's contents.

And where do we we ads for Islamic prayers? Here in my opinion there is no room for promotion of religious faiths on television or media in general.  Society is moving away from the old religious ways in the west and I'm thankful we are. How much war, prejudice and division has religion caused on this planet? 

Everyone is entitled to have their own views and beliefs but I don't want to switch the TV on and see them in my face be it Christian or islam.

You wouldn't have to be Muslim to complain about the Lords prayer in an advert. I wouldn't complain as such but wouldn't see the relevance in today's society. 

7 hours ago, HighPressure said:
I like most people have no time for Trump, but what is interesting is that he is getting support for views in the US, and lot of quite venomous anti reaction. Donald Trump always been a bit of a joke that no one really took seriously, yet here we are with 2 serious sides of the argument surrounding him?

The reason maybe that he is preaching to an audience that feels there is basis for what he is saying. There can be no other reason why this old joker on the block is gaining so much discussion, the old 'no smoke without fire' scenario perhaps?

Are there areas in London or even the UK that are no go places? areas of Birmingham or Bradford maybe, I mean I would go to some of these slightly disturbing if not scary places. Do polls not seem to consistently show that @20% of Muslims have at least some sympathy with the ISIS cause? Do we actually know what is going on in some of these communities, etc etc?

The reason Trump is courting such coverage is that he has touched a raw nerve that has 50% jumping up and down saying lets get shot of all the Muslims, and the other 50% saying lets love them. I would like a sensible approach in the middle of the pointless waste of mud slinging.    

Just to point this out that the story shown in the Sun and other newspapers was actually misleading as the survey did not state ISIS or any specific groups fighting in Syria (For example those going to fight against ISIS etc).

http://www.thejournal.ie/muslims-survey-apology-2468400-Nov2015/

Anyway back on topic.

I don't quite understand how Trump is fighting for American values, in fact his stance on many things seems to state the opposite. With regards to immigration, maybe this has a bit of a point...

qwzqa.jpg

Made me chuckle, A great man is Ford.

Edited by Polar Maritime

5 hours ago, lfcdude said:

Well thats very nice please explain here now.. But this thread is about trump Unless you want to admit the SNP messed up with Trump its your own point of view.. Not mine to me he is doing fantastic 

After all a party saying he gone beyond the pale.. but He was their ambassador till 3 days ago... what ever way you look its funny,, sorry could not dismiss him till he said this... Bull

Hi Trump were the SNP please continue to be a ambassador for business... OK Well here r my views.. Thats fantastic just never mention them... Sorry u said that religion of hate.. were done with u Donald 

Donald fantastic thats how he is.. its fantastic.. the UK press have no idea with Donald.. He is not hard to work out in fact faily easy watch all the USA apprentice and yeh you can work him out 

Please don't take offence at this, I believe the fault is mine more than yours but any chance you could tidy up your posts a bit. I'm having trouble following what you mean a lot of the time which is a shame as your 'opposing' view is making this a much more interesting thread, and even holding the whole thing together.

I know in the heat of the moment it is easier to type out a stream of consciousness rather than ponderous perfect grammar but somewhere in between would be nice.

As I said, I don't mean it as a personal attack, just in the interests of maintaining a high quality debate. 

Keep up the good work!

9 hours ago, lfcdude said:

Total nany pc state that neglects Christianity but promotes everything else. as does not want to offend Lost its values and their right!  I showed the add that was banned from cinemas to a american nurse, She was shocked she goes to church she thort it was beautiful, Yet in Pc UK banned as dont want to offend Muslims 

Also their r afraid for us that the invasion of the EU by economical migrants will destroy us

With all due respect, lfcd, but you don't come across as someone who has much of an understanding of Christianity(what it is, what it does or what it says)...Accusing others of being 'PC' isn't really all that good a mask for one's own ignorance?:)

I suggest that trump is courting votes from the sort of 'people, that make songs like these: 

Not, I'd suggest, the sort of folks with which we'd want to associate? But then - if they'll doggone publish them, I'll ridicule 'em...Yee Haw!

Edited by Ed Stone

Please do please enlighten me... Why it took only till 3 days ago for your precious snp to cut ties with him.. Their have had how many years to do that?

Trump has been waging war on the Scottish Government for several years, he's regularly writing SNPbaaaaad articles that the Press and Journal lap up, the most recent was last weekend. He's dragged the Scottish Government through the courts up to the inner house of the Court of Session to try and stop off-shore wind farms and a marine renewable energy research centre. 

Hamza Yousaf could very well be the next leader of the SNP - thus a potential future First Minister of Scotland could be banned from entering the United States purely because of his faith. So much for land of the free, Trump is a disgrace and many many Americans regard him as an embarrassing idiot. 

Trump is a true "ass" but even if his selection chances are limited, he is playing on a lot of American fears. Remember only around 5% of the American population leave the US every year for other country visits, it is a woefully culturally underexposed country and they believe the media. This is a frightening presidential campaign...

12 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

A rather 'odd' definition of what a 'good American' should be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRtlUi3OJ_c

My God, these rednecks really are a dime short of a dollar!:wallbash::wallbash:

They are indeed! I think we need to know what we are dealing with! Delusion I'm afraid, through religion (as usual), isolation, lack of education, and media indoctrination. Sounds a bit like radical Islam to me...

16 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

They are indeed! I think we need to know what we are dealing with! Delusion I'm afraid, through religion (as usual), isolation, lack of education, and media indoctrination. Sounds a bit like radical Islam to me...

Indeed we do 'need to know' : simplistic racist and xenophobic 'answers' to complex problems. I fear for the world my grandchildren will grow up in - I really do!:sorry:

But this is fine: it's clever, witty and is entirely opposed to my way of thinking...there's no need to be either racist or xenophobic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYog4WaB4qQ

Edited by Ed Stone

The Cat Is Out Of The Bag... and there is no way to re-bag this cat.

Defending the American people for a moment, I think all western countries have an undercurrent of conservative, fearful and angry people ready to be politically activated under the right circumstances, it just takes a skillful leader to come along by chance that knows what buttons to press via emotion and language to stir the rabble up into a frenzy and create a snowball of a movement. In Australia we had the far right One Nation party in the late 90s, very popular for a time, created on the back of a cult like following from a former uneducated fish n chip shop worker completely out of her depth.  

14 minutes ago, weather09 said:

In a short sentence or two, Ed, can you explain to me how criticism of beliefs and ideas--which are drivers of behaviour and emotion--is racist, xenophobic, or bigoted?  Just to reiterate, I'm talking about beliefs (software running on the brain, if you will). Try not to construct a strawman - just answer the question put forward (or not).

Can you do that?

Note: I'm talking about beliefs...

As I clearly suggested something was 'fine', I don't see much need.

Originally, the media created Trump as a celebrity and a phenomenon. They made him big. A very big and wild and weird cartoon. Now they’re trying to destroy him. But they can’t make him small and inconsequential because, again, they made him big and wild and weird, and the audience accepted him on that basis, in that image. The audience already took him in, already accepted and digested him. Media creations are hard to reverse when they’re cartoons. People love cartoons. Can anybody make Mickey Mouse vanish? Can anybody make the Simpsons forgettable?

The media are suffering from the Frankenstein Effect. They invented Trump, and now he is taking them to a place they don’t want to go.

He’s already trekked into no-go zones.

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2015/12/11/what-is-donald-trump-doing-to-media-reality/

Theres a method in his madness.

https://www.darkmoon.me/2015/27029/

Edited by Snowyowl9

Latest nationwide poll ahead of tomorrows debate! 

CWNLvJrWoAAzRiE.jpg

A poll for Iowa - the first state to make a choice on the Republican nomination - has Ted Cruz comfortably leading Trump:

The Des Moines Register poll
Cruz 31% +21
Trump 21% +2
Carson 13% -15
Rubio 10% +1
Bush 5% –

I once saw this internet shock video of this chap whose mouth is attached to a giant funnel and he is strapped in place so he can’t move. Then a girl went and *ahem evacuated her bowels into the funnel. I think this would be a great thing to make ‘the Donald’ do to reverse the direction of flow from his mouth.

1 hour ago, solarcycle said:

I once saw this internet shock video of this chap whose mouth is attached to a giant funnel and he is strapped in place so he can’t move. Then a girl went and *ahem evacuated her bowels into the funnel. I think this would be a great thing to make ‘the Donald’ do to reverse the direction of flow from his mouth.

Well that image will cause nightmares for a while.

6 hours ago, Nick L said:

A poll for Iowa - the first state to make a choice on the Republican nomination - has Ted Cruz comfortably leading Trump:

The Des Moines Register poll
Cruz 31% +21
Trump 21% +2
Carson 13% -15
Rubio 10% +1
Bush 5% –

Thing is, Cruz isn't much different to Trump. http://theovergrown.com/?p=2413

Plus just one poll a newer one out yesterday had trump back in lead.. Tonight will be fun expect Trump to go after Cruz 

But here is yesterdays iowa poll 

Cruz 27, Trump 28, Rubio 14, Carson 10, Bush 5, Paul 4, Fiorina 3, Christie 3, Huckabee 1, Kasich 1, Santorum 0, Pataki 0, Graham 0

I expect Trump might play on this aswell

BREAKING NEWS: All schools in Los Angeles closed with immediate effect over bomb terror threat.

Edited by lfcdude

1 hour ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

Thing is, Cruz isn't much different to Trump. http://theovergrown.com/?p=2413

"Now, it would still be a long shot for a candidate that is as conservative as Cruz to obtain the Republican nomination"

I've noticed this a few times when articles are referring to Trump and now Ted Cruz. Do they not realise that these two people, particularly Trump are miles ahead of all the other candidates? As for Cruz, a private meeting with his donors was leaked, where he said temporarily cosying up to Trump and his sentiments was part of his plan, before then switching and attacking them.