Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The PIT

Most stupid court order ever.

49 minutes ago, The PIT said:

A man cleared of rape must tell police 24hrs before having sex.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-35385227

He was cleared for god sake........

There is obviously a story behind this which we are not party to - I cannot think, for the life of me, a reason why the police should ask for such an order if they did not believe it was warranted in order to protect the public - you also have to consider that the magistrates must have been pretty well convinced to have issued this order.

19 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

3rd wave feminism onwards is a mental illness.

Way to belittle mental illness there!

But there must be details missing from this, it just seems too bizarre and nonsensical to be true!

most of all you can't enforce it. Are the police going to follow him everywhere take his bed sheets for forensics every day.  Totally daft.

22 hours ago, Nick L said:

Way to belittle mental illness there!

But there must be details missing from this, it just seems too bizarre and nonsensical to be true!

Not at all. Modern feminism is rooted in spite and psychopathy.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/11/19/a-life-ruined-by-feminists-and-the-state-only-the-internet-can-save-gregory-alan-elliott/

Sorry Snowy L, but, in all my 59 years, I've yet to have my life ruined by feminists...What planet are you from, again?:D

Well the way things are going if you're male you have to get the women to sign consent forms just to protect yourself.

As for Ed Snowy is on the real planet which one you're on?

14 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Well the way things are going if you're male you have to get the women to sign consent forms just to protect yourself.

As for Ed Snowy is on the real planet which one you're on?

Not Misogynists-R-Us, that's for sure!

4 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Sorry Snowy L, but, in all my 59 years, I've yet to have my life ruined by feminists...What planet are you from, again?:D

Some people aren't so lucky

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/11912748/Guilty-until-proven-innocent-life-after-a-false-rape-accusation.html

http://thoughtcatalog.com/anonymous/2014/05/wait-a-second-did-amy-schumer-rape-a-guy/

1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Not Misogynists-R-Us, that's for sure!

I specifically referred to 3rd wave/modern feminism, I am a supporter of 1st and 2nd wave feminism like everyone else should be. Here's a great feminist scholar who identifies and analyses the damaging modern feminist ideals.

https://twitter.com/chsommers?lang=en

I think it has very little to do with feminism.  It's to do with the current trend of "safety-first" approaches that believe in taking hard-line "zero tolerance" approaches against offences, erring on the side of "collective punishment" and disregarding the "innocent until proven guilty" principle, to reduce the risk of offenders being missed or being able to manipulate/argue their way out of consequences for bad behaviour.  The rise of this attitude has coincided with "third wave feminism", but I really think it's a coincidence.  It's more that the rise of surveillance and automation has made it increasingly possible to enforce stringent rules that would have previously been unenforceable, in the name of improving safety.

The belief that female offenders should generally be let off lightly pre-dates third wave feminism.  At school I was always told, "Boys don't hit girls, but it's alright for girls to hit boys- this is because girls are physically weaker, and if a boy complains about being hit by a girl, he is too sensitive and needs to man up".   This was before third wave feminism took off. 

One significant problem with feminism has been that while we've fought against cases where women are imprisoned by gender stereotypes, we've been less pro-active about similarly helping out men, on the basis that they are considered "privileged" and "able to fend for themselves".  There is an organisation called HeForShe which is intended to try and address this discrepancy, as illustrated by a recent speech by Emma Watson given here..

I'm not sure about third wave feminism, but we do need to continue to be pro-active in addressing gender stereotyping.  We may have largely lost the view that women are inferior, but there is still a lot of social pressure to conform to set gender roles,  For example I regularly find that displays of emotion are considered "bad manners" if done by a man, but okay if done by a woman, and there will be examples of where females still similarly suffer from double standards.

He might not even know 24 hours before that he will have sex the next day. Hands up if any of you know 100% 24 hours before you will have sex. It's always something that just happens when me and hubby want it to, not on a time table.

27 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

He might not even know 24 hours before that he will have sex the next day. Hands up if any of you know 100% 24 hours before you will have sex. It's always something that just happens when me and hubby want it to, not on a time table.

Well I think I can say, with 100% certainty, that I'll not be having sex anytime during the next 24 hours! Does that make me a '3rd wave feminist'?:rofl: