Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blizzard of 2016

Describe your perfect day?

Winning the lottery and then a front pushing in from the east delivering 3 foot of snow to London and the southeast ( after collecting my winnings of course)

1 minute ago, Mark wheeler said:

Winning the lottery and then a front pushing in from the east delivering 3 foot of snow to London and the southeast ( after collecting my winnings of course)

Shouldn't you be in the Bahamas :D  or maybe Siberia?  With that cash you could go anywhere you like when you like. You could even buy several dozen snow making machines point and squirt towards the three acre patio? 

4 minutes ago, blizzard of 2016 said:

Shouldn't you be in the Bahamas :D  or maybe Siberia?  With that cash you could go anywhere you like when you like. You could even buy several dozen snow making machines point and squirt towards the three acre patio? 

I don't think 3 foot is to much to ask for :rofl:.its not the same anywhere else it has to be at home the snow. 

4 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

I don't think 3 foot is to much to ask for :rofl:.its not the same anywhere else it has to be at home the snow. 

What happens when it er, melts?  

My perfect day - a long day walk in a remote part of the hills (in France or the UK) with my husband and dog (it'll be doggy's successor(s) when we do this as a family again). The temperature is in the high 20s. We find a nice cool stream, waterfall or lake on or before our descent and have a quality skinny dip! Then back home for a meal/barbecue on the patio with a good bottle (or two) of chilled Picpoul...

I know what I'll be dreaming about tonight!!!

Apart from any beverages and food most of your experience is free at source :) unless your DIY skills stretch that bit further, obviously discounting outright theft! Be good to think there's more to life than having material things to fill any void. In other words where perhaps nature plays a bigger part. 

I love the days when you spend nothing but physical energy and earn a lot more in non-material/monetary ways - like your own well-being. My mountain bike paid for itself years ago but still gives reliable pleasure for the cost of the odd inner tube, some chain lube and the occasional bit of mechanical TLC. Walking is free apart from the boots and the water bottles and waist/backpack, and the pleasures more that pay for those costs. Like growing your own fruit and veg, a little investment cost unless you get free seeds/seedlings, a little labour but so much food and reward and it saves you so much!

Waking up the morning after a Euromillions draw to an email 'news about your ticket' and logging onto the Lottery site to find I've won £60m all to myself!  :p 

Aye, a one-way ticket off this godforsaken island would be a considered a pleasing start... 

Mine is meeting up with the Donks for dinner and then going to the pub for a couple of pints with Bert, then helping decorate my neighbour's garden.....meow!:drunk-emoji:

19 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Waking up 2000 miles or more away from uk :)

Careful which direction you're heading in and get your distances right - otherwise you'll either be floating in the Atlantic Ocean or end up in Syria :D

Seriously though, nowhere is perfect but I'm pretty sure we've found our wonderful...

1 hour ago, *Sub*Zero* said:

The day I swap places with the person who has this daily choice of cars :D

key.thumb.jpg.749c5db04f8bc80319a548c237

No chance sub :)

2 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

No chance sub :)

I'll be happy with just the Bentley as long it's one of these! :)

bentley.thumb.PNG.6b7e47ca92f3dc24225ebb

26 minutes ago, *Sub*Zero* said:

I'll be happy with just the Bentley as long it's one of these! :)

bentley.thumb.PNG.6b7e47ca92f3dc24225ebb

lol, nice.  I have to put up with this

image.jpeg